Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Hmm, then I’ll go with a reroll of the cap instead, having bought myself some time to think.

Damned, didn’t see your update @Dazliare , sad to see you leave, but glad to see you rejoin? Also good to know we will have an update from you @Grisu , even if we have to wait for it a bit 😉

Brilliant!

So now I have a place to get some leech for the merc (though circlets would also have been nice)

So forever set:
- 32: Bone Prison, Poison Nova, Lower Resist

In normal supported by:
- 63: Teeth, Bone Wall, Poison Nova

To be a wall’ing dentist probably with a rogue Merc to do his dirty bidding

Nm he will be more of a poisonmancer with walls, blood golem and confuse:
- 67: Blood Golem, Bone Wall, Confuse

And hopefully some synergy and revives will complete my poisonmancers journey in hell
- 10: Revive, Bone Spirit, Weaken
- 74: Skeleton Mastery, Poison Explosion, Life Tap

Looking interesting, gotta give him a spin as soon as possible 😆

So, the short update…

MrDevaStation is a wreckingball (almost)
Took only an emerald socketed wand to clear the den of evil p/8. The topaz luck is amazing, found topaz number four in mausoleum and had a saved gem shrine in cold plains. Rocking 40% mf before stony fields.

So not only interesting, he is also favored by RNG 😁
Have saved deckard cain and found first unique, hotspurs, which is nice but unusable.

Reactions: Babyhell
The longer update

Having once read Jiansonz SP MF guide, I had some expectations with the early topaz drops and the Hotspurs in cave lvl 2 (@27% MF) didn't lower the expectations
Screenshot092.png

The going was good until he hit the black marshes, where his chippy emerald socketed wand suddenly didn't help Wendy as much. The grind was on. The countess was good enough an delivered dual Tals, which could speed up the killing, but I
enjoyed the grind too much to use the runes just yet :p
I have never really used bone wall much, but it is goooood for the grindy parts with tough champ packs mixed with ranged suckers!
Screenshot099.png

Second set/unique didn't come from a drop, but was gambled before facing Andy...
Had hoped for some mf, but +life never hurts.
Screenshot100.png

When the time came, Andy attacked almost as soon as we entered her domain, practically forcing me out of the door before removing some shamans. This also "forced" me to use the door entrance as a choking point for Wendy's shooting gallery.
Had around +60%mf on me (4 chippies and 1 flawed in armor/helm and 11% on boots) and additional +45%mf on wendy facing Andariel.
Screenshot101.png

It worked wonders :whistle:
Screenshot102.png

So my personal experience is that MF generates MF (if the RNG gods are merciful)
Less words more screendumps of the phat lootz.

Screenshot103.png
Screenshot104.png

MrDevaStation has slain Andariel and enters Lut Gholein with a whopping 122% MF

Will update table on next entry, though that is mostly for my own benefit :)

I wasn't true to my word after all...I did clean all false Tombs because I just couldn't bear the shame to not do full clears 🙈

I went after Duriel first though, just in case if I needed more skellies to defeat him. Turned out it wasn't necessary at all (although I went down to p1 from p3 because it lessens the amount of time it takes to clear an area by at least 50%).
Screenshot009.jpg

What was kind of sad is, that somehow my Insight Iron Golem vanished while clearing the tombs because of the bug...I have to see if I have another set of runes/elite base to make an Insight and take better care, although Act III with its crooked ways might not be the best area to risk losing another Insight Iron Golem...

Randomnipotent, level 83 Skellimancer, carried through the game by his Might Town Guard, Hell Kurast Docks next
Screenshot014.jpg

Bonus pictures:
Screenshot007.png

Screenshot013.jpg

Code:
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     83     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Kurast             42
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     58     44+87          NM Act 3                ??
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

@skoolbus' Random Barbarian :

Skill sets:

4 -> 19,23,27 -> Increased Speed, Double Swing, Concentrate
45 -> 1, 5,30 -> Howl, Find Item, Berserk
46 -> 8,15,28 ->Grim Ward, Throwing Mastery, Frenzy
48 -> 2,7,9 -> Find Potion, Battle Orders, War Cry
56 -> 4, 8 ,28 -> Shout, Grim Ward, Frenzy
93 -> 7,12,28 -> Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Frenzy

Weapons:
Broad Sword -> Flail
Scythe
Halberd

Armor:
Cap -> Circlet
Armor 3
Large Shield
Leather Gloves
Boots
Heavy Belt
Horned Helm

As far as I understood the 2021 rules, there is no auto-reroll on masteries you can't use (i.e. throwing mastery).

You could have a fully synergized zerker or a partially synergized Frenzybarb though with those rolls. And even BO!

You may reroll one skill set, one armor piece and one weapon. (skill set 46 for example? No use for Throwing mastery and Grim Ward and Frenzy doubled...)

Last edited:
@Grisu Thanks! You really hooked me up on the rolls there! I will go ahead and reroll skill set 46 like you suggest. For weapon/armor, I'll reroll the Broad Sword and Cap. With the exception of a unique Shako (in my dreams) neither of those is very useful.

@skoolbus:
Rerolled
46 -> 93 -> 7,12,28 -> Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Frenzy
Cap -> Circlet
Broad Sword -> Flail

Hmm, well...it will be interesting to see what skill set you chosse for forever skillset? Maybe Howl/Berserk/Find Item? That way you have more chances of good drops through the whole game and a very well synergized Berserk for PIs in Hell. You could then use one of the Frenzy skillsets for NM and one for Hell - probably with skill set 4 for Hell for the additional synergy for Frenzy? War Cry sounds like a great safety option for a Zerker, too...I'm looking forward for your choices!

But you can only use Frenzy with Flail...so maybe it is better to rely on Berserk as your main skill instead of Frenzy?

and about the merc: in this iteration of the Random Tournament your merc must equip your non-weapon rolls, but is free to use whatever weapon you want.

Oh, and Flail opens up a Black runeword for boss fights :)

@Grisu Once again, your rolls were quite favorable, thanks! Circlet is likely the best headgear, and flail has a lot of useful runewords for untwinked and the General's flail is also very useful. As far as skill set usage, I'll do:

Forever
45 -> 1, 5,30 -> Howl, Find Item, Berserk

Normal
4 -> 19,23,27 -> Increased Stamina, Double Swing, Concentrate

NM
93 -> 7,12,28 -> Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Frenzy

Hell
48 -> 2,7,9 -> Find Potion, Battle Orders, War Cry
56 -> 4, 8 ,28 -> Shout, Grim Ward, Frenzy

I'll attempt a Zerker, but I may wind up Frenzying with some flails, we will see. I don't anticipate Frenzy will ever do meaningful physical damage, so I won't focus on synergizing it.

@skoolbus: Btw, you don't have to assign the skill sets for NM and Hell yet, only your forever and additional skill sets for Normal (if any).

And I made a mistake, in skill set 4 #19 is increased Speed, not increased Stamin. Sorry! Do you still want to use it for Normal or rather use it for later?

@skoolbus: Btw, you don't have to assign the skill sets for NM and Hell yet, only your forever and additional skill sets for Normal (if any).

And I made a mistake, in skill set 4 #19 is increased Speed, not increased Stamin. Sorry! Do you still want to use it for Normal or rather use it for later?
I doubt I'll change course from my plan, but good to know I can if I want to. No problem on the increased stamina/speed, I don't plan on putting points in there. Now if it was increased resistance.... I may have needed to start over 😂.

MrDevaStation is a very serious man.
Being almost entirely skilled in the arts of calcified body-parts, he has taken on the job as dentist for the inhabitants of Sanctuary.
He is well aware of his responsibility as one of the finest dentists in this forsaken world.
For that reason he was more than perplexed, when one of his usual clients with equally impeccable disciplin, failed to meet at the annual appointment for the first time in 12 years...

It is for that reason that he has hired a dubious dentist of little renown and less skill, Carl the calcium carpenter, as stand-in while searching for his lost client.

So far, he has interrogated the clients Ex and found her to have little knowledge of his clients whereabouts.
No matter the method of interrogation.
Screenshot102.png

And has continued his search in a town known for its lavish parties and too sweet fruits for his dental recommendations.
He searched the entire desert, and all he got was this lousy t-shirt
TWICE! in less than 30 minutes...
Screenshot111.png
Screenshot113.png

He found that the less educated self-taught healers called Unravellers and other such nonsense, were annoying beyond belief due to the amount of time it took to show them the error of their ways. Also because the Moron guide he had hired had no idea of how to clear a room without explicit guidance and no small amount of kiting.

Luckily, what the moron lacked in brains, he made up for in arm strength wrestling with the clients steroid doped, former childhood friend. With a little help from the calcified wrestling ring produced by MrDevaStation.

1641239758650.png

Code:
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     83     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Kurast             42
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     58     44+87          NM Act 3                21
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     27     32+63          Kurast dock              6
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High