Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Searching, seek and destroy - Act 3 at p1/p3
Well the organs were easy to get this time, pretty straightforward. Switched relatively soon to p3 to get some XP on this act, CS is never an easy task - however, i don't see me setting it higher, i am still using the starting javs, and as you will see, some very useful upgrades... are not in the correct bases #ThatsTheGame

Major upgrade was courtesy of - it doesn't happen so often - Ormus. This ring is really awesome compared to what can be dropped by him usually!
LMrgBk3l.jpg

Afterwards my 11MF amulet had been replaced by a 24MF one
00D9wOsl.jpg

And while taking few minutes trying to get some charms in LK (yes, it's normal... but mines are really not cool, as you'll see later), found a nice medium base for yet ANOTHER Stealth, for merc:
MsrgbADl.jpg

First three council members were picked one by one, and the last three all at once. The doors to Mephisto were opened, and he was going to know it quick...
uH9cpDml.jpg

Oh crap, no drop on my bases, oh no... well let's have a look to what had been found anyway:
e77S4UFl.jpg

x9w88eDl.jpg

... I shouldn't have!!!

For the record, the only death close calls were from Vampires' fire attacks (once right before Mephisto in the very last room before his own, once right after when checking the chests behind). My FRES is at a plain 0, my stuff and my charms are somehow always getting PRES...

Anyway here i am, lvl 25, Act 4 entered. As he delivers and gives good stuff, i may run a bit of Meph before pushing Act 4, and hit lvl 27 that way.

See you on next update!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points

----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     25     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    28     Kurast Docks            6

I made some good progress this morning, and currently playing another session for the next hour or so. I should finish the first half of act two or so tonight, maybe a bit further. No real gear upgrades yet, but this was a super unexpected surprise

Screenshot040.jpg

Totally useless for this character, but I've never found one in hardcore

Ironchad - level 24 barbarian with a big hammer

I know it is not an option for most of you guys for single pass, but I go the other way.

Due to the close deaths to Vampire fire spells, I took some time to think about how I can work that for now, on my dedicated character thread, in the Before Act 4 section.

I don't put all this low level thoughts I have/build here as it is mostly a personal help experienced people doesn't need to think about, but don't hesitate to correct me/give additional tips!

Sweet! A new victim! I'll get you rolled up.

Jcakes's Assassin:

Forever Skills
Cobra Strike -> Weapon Block
Charged Bolt Sentry
Burst of Speed

Normal Skills
Blade Fury
Phoenix Strike
Cloak of Shadows
Blade Shield
Shadow Warrior

Weapons
Katar
Wrist Blade
Giant Sword
Giant Sword -> Falchion -> Short Sword

Armor
Medium Armor
Circlet
Gothic Shield -> Bone Shield
Leather Gloves
Light Plated Boots
Plated Belt

Any rerolls?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vang
reroll:
Cobra strike
Falchion Edit (if you haven't already):Wrist Blade
Gothic Shield

Cobra strike -> Weapon Block
Falchion -> Short Sword
Gothic Shield -> Bone Shield

Did you want to lock any of your normal skills, or do you want to wait to see your nightmare rolls?

I am tempted to lock cloak of shadows. If I don't lock now, I don't get two locks for NM do i?

ok in that case let's see what fate deals me in NM. I won't lock any skills for now.

Ok I am in - haven't played D2 in a long time.

Can someone role me an assassin? 2 x Claw, 2 x Sword (if I read the rules correctly assassins get 4x weapon roles due to claws being class specific)?
He's bach! 🥳

Welcome to the random insanity!

@Babyhell: Grats on the first Maiden Javelins! Also - fast and nice progress!

I will probably fire up my Amazon tonight again and play till after midnight for a proper start into father's day 😎

Reactions: Babyhell
Just hit lvl 27, so i'm good with leveling/questing for now, as stated in my character thread, i will now build up the resistances at LK.
2rDzy00l.jpg

Still need a belt, gloves, cap upgrade... i would have thought Mephisto would grant additional upgrades :-/

LK welcome package:
x87yKhrl.jpg

Last edited:
Forever Skills:
Dragon Claw -> Fire Blast
Phoenix Strike
Death Sentry
Lightning Sentry (locked in from Normal Difficulty Skills)

Normal Difficulty Skills:
Lightning Sentry
Dragon Flight
Shadow Warrior
Charged Bolt Sentry
Dragon Talon

Armor:
Light Armor
Great Helm
Small Shield
Gauntlets
Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Weapons:
Katar
Cestus
Kris

Silika picks back up in Lut Gholein. First things first as always, grab a Prayer merc (he will likely be upgraded to HF in NM). and head out for the cube. Great timing too as the merc just hit 19, so it was time to take our stock of chipped diamonds and roll a new weapon.

goflA7L.jpg

Well that's underwhelming. That's the best one of the lot (8 rolls) that he can equip right now. Luckily once he gains a few more levels and some dex I have some other options for him. You'll notice he doesn't have a helm, that's because Silika won't be able to get one until Great Helms are available. No biggie though, as that will be great once we get there since I'll have access to Artisan's helms as soon as possible (in A5, at level 39). Onwards through the sewers, poor old Radament never stood a chance.

She grabbed the staff, and made her way through the CVT to kill Fangskin and get the amulet. He dropped her first rare cestus (her other allowed claw type) and she rolled enough points into dex to equip it so she's using that for now. Maybe the KB will come in handy?

9tpLERT.jpg

Silika hit 24 in the AS and got access to Lightning Sentry, he main skill moving forward. It's very mana heavy right now but it obviously really helps with the big packs. She full-cleared the AS, shopped some new boots, and headed for the true tomb. She also tried one last savage polearm roll for the merc, and got him a nice improvement:

6h2KjVc.jpg

Time for the big bug, I forgot to switch it down from /p8 so we were in it for the long haul. Although the merc died a few times, it was never dangerous for Silika, and Duriel even dropped a useable S/U! (Sander's boots). I'm not going to use them right now, as I'd rather have the MF on her shopped pair.

30lh9fY.jpg

Well, randomized stats are doing well so far with Vitality leading the charge. A surge in energy this act was a little disappointing, but at least it's still at the lower end. Hoping for some more dex next act!

Silika, the Trapsin - lvl 26, Kurast Docks

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points

----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    28     Kurast Docks            6

I think this is the best grand charm I've ever found in a tournament setting

Screenshot041.jpg

And I'm pretty sure this is the best MF amulet one can find for quite some time. Amulet of Luck will be better, but that's pretty rare

Fortuitous Amulet of Chance
Amulet
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x615f4bb7
Item Level: 17
Version: Expansion 1.10+
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
My RandomQuuen has had a good day today!! Not only did I find the Flayer Jungle without having to go through the completely pointless Great Marsh but I also found a Sacred Globe that I am allowed to use with

TELEPORT!! the joy of getting that skill for my sorc is huge!

Screenshot002.jpg

And shortly afterwards, Ormus gave me a ring that was actually of use to me!

Screenshot001.jpg

This is a good day :)

Code:

SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    30     Kurast Docks            6

found a Sacred Globe that I am allowed to use with

TELEPORT!! the joy of getting that skill for my sorc is huge!
Well if I'm not mistaking, it is an activated skill... not sure using it is allowed, but I don't want to climax too soon, maybe I'm not getting it right between the active/passive thingy.

Anyway, my LK runs are delivering from time to time, but nothing really high enough for now, hopefully the gems pile is raising and Pdiamonds will be crafted much earlier than the needed charms found!

Great write ups and participation this week everyone!

I have one incoming at some point but to tired to write it when I come home from 12-14hr days.

Well if I'm not mistaking, it is an activated skill... not sure using it is allowed, but I don't want to climax too soon, maybe I'm not getting it right between the active/passive thingy.

Oh no, say it isn't so!! But if it is, then can someone confirm that before I proceed and get myself disqualified?

*too good to be true...*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High