Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

I wanted to make a bit more progress before writing an update, but it's as good a time as any. Plus the more progress posts I write, the better chance I have of continuing.

Ironchad is level 16, doing quite well. I'm SP for the time being, most likely for the whole game but it's possible that could change. We've completed the Black Marsh and the Countess, with no real challenges thus far. The one downside of my item rolls is that I can't use any MF chest or helmet for a good while. That said, I have found a few neat items:

Skull Knuckle
Leather Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 5 of 12
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xc6ccfc8a
Item Level: 13
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+11 to Attack Rating
+35% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +10%
Half Freeze Duration
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

These were a gamble - highest MF roll at this level and fire res to boot! I can use leather gloves, so I'm quite happy with this.

It's not often I find a rare amulet in A1 without any MF:

Order Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xdcf2043
Item Level: 1
+10 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength
+1 to Mana
Lightning Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%
33% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Light Radius

Also found this ring, which is pretty sweet:

Felicitous Ring of Greed
Ring
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x75a9b15c
Item Level: 5
38% Extra Gold from Monsters
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

And lastly, I can't wear these, but I think they're super stylish so kept them anyway

Soul Stalker
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0x73f885c9
Item Level: 1
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +5%
Lightning Resist +5%
Fire Resist +5%

Triple res with no level requirement :cool:

Both Mephisto and Diablo have been vanquished. Additionally, Anya has been rescued. Mephisto was a pretty easy kill, just make sure he was attacking me and not my mercenary and the fight was quite easy the few times I ran him, though a bit long (2ish minutes a kill).

Diablo...Diablo...Diablo...
Screenshot026.jpg
I went back to town and I got trapped in an EVIL FORCE and barely broke free beforethis lightning breath killed me. It was by far my closest NDE and my heart sank while I was trying to break the bones that binded me. Somehow I managed to not die. I would have been devasted to perish to the hands of that.

My core group of tossing weapons are:
Compact Balanced Knife of Quickness
Throw Damage: 6 to 11
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 8
Quantity: 196
Required Dexterity: 51
Required Level: 38
Dagger Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xab7da573
40% Increased Attack Speed
Increased Stack Size

Increased Stack Size

Increased Stack Size

And some good finds and equipment
Screenshot024.jpg
Screenshot025.jpg
Screenshot028.jpg

The UM was awesome and I'm going to find an Elite light armor with 3os to make Duress I believe as it will be very beneficial.

Oddities: Found 4 Bonesnap thus far.

Lastly can someone Roll my Hell skills please for my final exam! @Vildecor That Holy Shock roll was a beast as it has allowed me to traverse Act5 thus far quite easily. Hopefully something good comes otherwise Hell is going to Hell, no pun intended

Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite -> Defiance
Resist Cold (locked from Normal Skills)

Nightmare Skills
Holy Shock
Prayer
Thorns
Sanctuary

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     64     Glacial Trial NM       28
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     24     Kurast Docks            6
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     18     Act 2 Sewers            3
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3(RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    20     Lut Gholein             3

Let's see what the dice have in store for you this time...

Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite -> Defiance
Resist Cold (locked from Normal Skills)

Hell Skills
Prayer
Defiance -> Resist Lightning
Holy Shock
Fanaticism

So glad you liked Holy Shock. Now you can have it synergized! You can now make a zeal-less Teslafroster!

Reactions: Pb_pal and Vang
Screenshot038.jpg

Hammerdins are very powerful in Normal; film at 11.

I started the day in the Kurast Bazaar and had decent luck finding exits, so I blew through Act 3-5 and wrapped up Baal. Not a whole lot to say, although I was thrilled to see that Anya sells Bone Helms, so I quickly power-shopped a +15 Energy one. Ruined the all-silver look, but the +22 mana was well worth the sacrifice :) I also shopped a +2 Concentration +2 Hammers Scepter from Drognan for a hefty 250k gold, but it was well worth it to ditch my old rare Crystal Sword.

I'm going to wrap up Radament and Nilathak, then on to Nightmare - looking forward to my next rolls :)

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     64     Glacial Trial NM       28
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     18     Act 2 Sewers            3
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3(RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    20     Lut Gholein             3

Your NM skills await

Forever Skills:
Resist Fire => Defiance
Sanctuary
Holy Shock
Holy Freeze (Locked from Normal)

Nightmare Skills:
Concentration
Thorns
Sanctuary=>Hoy Shock=>Santuary=>Might
Conversion
Salvation

Can have a partially Synergized Shock-a-din.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
@Vang Thanks! I had locked in Holy Freeze upthread, so dunno if I should lose a random NM skill to make up for it.

Looks like I'm Normal Attacking through NM :p

I fixed it, randomly got rid of one of the skills and it was Might that was removed (noted by being crossed out in previous post as well as noting that Holy Freeze was locked in Normal)

Reactions: DariusTriplet
Awesome....LVL76 in Hell..I green amulet dropped and i ran for it, merc died and I got hit by amp/fanta Arrow.
Screenshot033.jpg

Third times a charm right? Just a totally random character rolled up when someone gets the chance.

Sorry for the loss! The pit sure can be dangerous!

I'll get you rolled up.

Vang's Paladin:

Forever Skills
Charge
Might -> Redemption -> Conversion
Holy Bolt

Normal Skills
Redemption
Charge -> Redemption -> Blessed Aim
Fanaticism
Blessed Hammer
Defiance

Weapons
Scepter
Falchion
Balanced Axe -> Throwing Knife

Armor
Heavy Armor
Bone Helm -> Helm
Bone Shield
Rondache
Light Guantlets
Light Plated Boots
Plated Belt

You got a decent charger setup going! Rerolls?

Last edited:
Hmm.. Let's reroll Bone Helm, Balanced Axe, and Might

Finished act 1! Which is honestly farther than I thought I would go. I have a bad habit of starting characters, playing for two sessions, and forgetting about them. I've found some nice gear though, which definitely helps the motivation:

Crimson Fanged Helm of Balance
Fanged Helm
Defense: 15
Durability: 28 of 35
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 35
Fingerprint: 0xd5aaca01
Item Level: 9
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Mace Mastery (Barbarian Only)
Fire Resist +7%

This maul was gambled - pretty happy with it! It one shots most things with Bash

Fiend Crack
Maul
Two Hand Damage: 40 - 60
Durability: 49 of 60
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 69
Fingerprint: 0xbebb4796
Item Level: 22
+10% Increased Attack Speed
34% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Maximum Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Strength
Fire Resist +9%

Act two here we go!

Well it is harcore only...let's try with an Amazon, so it could be part of my HC Sept if it works - I have other plans for the baba ;-)

So waiting for an Amazon roll! Thanks #you#

Edit @b1ur alike: 2xBows 1xClass Bow 1xClass Jav

Rolls coming up!

Babyhell's Amazon:

Forever Skills
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice Arrow

Normal Skills
Poison Javelin
Decoy
Guided Arrow
Poison Javelin -> Immolation Arrow
Pierce

Weapons
Long Battle Bow
Long War Bow -> Long Bow
Stag Bow
Maiden Javelin

Armor
Medium Armor
Cap
Small Shield
Light Gauntlets
Boots -> Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Wants three different kinds of bows, gets 3 permanent javelin skills. :ROFLMAO: Any rerolls?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Ouch. Those rolls are ugh, lol. To lock Fanaticism or not....I guess I do so I at least have a decent aura to use at some point..

Okay..well I haven't played at /p8 to start in a while. Ran out of potions. Check. ran out of money. Check. Got swarmed by a pack of spear ladies and friends? Check. Couldn't hit wp? Check again. Then check mate...ugh. Maybe 2 hours of sleep and working for 9 hrs isn't a good idea to go play.

Screenshot035.jpg

Part of the death was forgetting how brutal D2 is compared to most other ARPGs now. The amount of being unforgiving in this game is immense, an extra strong spear lady hits hard even at low levels.

Okay one more try of a random (though no paladin or sorc since I've tried both those) before i hang my hat for a few weeks in this tournament if I get another deeds as I got a SC character I finally started that needs some attention.

Last edited:
Let me try to roll one for you, Vang. Loading up random dot org... Okay, between 1 and 7 I rolled a 2, and if I order the classes alphabetically, that rolls an assassin. That's neither a paladin nor sorceress, so I think that satisfies your request, Vang. Gear:

Weapons:
hatchet hands --- scissors katar
long sword
war staff
kris oops, that was supposed to be a second claw, make that: blade talons

Armor:
crown
heavy
buckler --- bone shield
chain gloves
greaves
plated belt

Forever skills:
Cloak of Shadows
Cobra Strike --- Tiger Strike
Mind Blast

five Normal skills:
Wake of Inferno
Dragon Tail
Weapon Block
Dragon Flight
Shadow Warrior

Would you like any rerolls, Vang?

Last edited:
Let me try to roll one for you, Vang. Loading up random dot org... Okay, between 1 and 7 I rolled a 2, and if I order the classes alphabetically, that rolls an assassin. That's neither a paladin nor sorceress, so I think that will do for you, Vang. Which weapons?

It would be 2 assassin claws (1 for class, 1 for weapon) and randomize the other two.

[spoiker]
Let me try to roll one for you, Vang. Loading up random dot org... Okay, between 1 and 7 I rolled a 2, and if I order the classes alphabetically, that rolls an assassin. That's neither a paladin nor sorceress, so I think that satisfies your request, Vang. Gear:

Weapons:
hatchet hands
long sword
war staff
kris oops, that was supposed to be a second claw, make that: blade talons

Armor:
crown
heavy
buckler
chain gloves
greaves
plated belt

Forever skills:
Cloak of Shadows
Cobra Strike
Mind Blast

five Normal skills:
Wake of Inferno
Dragon Tail
Weapon Block
Dragon Flight
Shadow Warrior

Would you like any rerolls, Vang?[/spoiler]

Let us reroll Cobra Strike, buckler, and hatchet hands

• Sad
Reactions: Vildecor
Okay, the claw reroll gives you scissors katar, and the shield reroll gives you bone shield. For cobra strike reroll, the roll between 1 and 3 produced 1 (martial arts tree again) and the roll between 1 and 10 was 1: tiger strike. I'll update the post above accordingly.

Please don't die this time, okay? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Vang
Rolls coming up!

Babyhell's Amazon:

Forever Skills
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab

Normal Skills
Poison Javelin
Decoy
Guided Arrow
Poison Javelin -> Immolation Arrow
Pierce

Weapons
Long Battle Bow
Long War Bow
Stag Bow
Maiden Javelin

Armor
Medium Armor
Cap
Small Shield
Light Gauntlets
Boots
Light Belt

Wants three different kinds of bows, gets 3 permanent javelin skills. :ROFLMAO: Any rerolls?

That hurts...

If I got it right, getting for example the Stag bow allows me to use any of the Stag bows and its exceptional and elite version?

Still thinking about what to reroll... Jab for sure, unsure about the armor and weap ones yet...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High