Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

@Babyhell 2,

Your Barbarian you rolled though needs the weapons changed The Spear and Sword Mastery would determine to the weapons, then do a 1-2 on spear and sword to see what one gets x2.

Reactions: Babyhell
Going to correct this!
All good, I went back and saw it wasn't in the post on how to handle Barbarian weapons, I'll update that. That is how we handled it in the past iterations though.

Reactions: Babyhell
Please reroll my barbarian's sash belt, but I think I'll keep the rest for now.

Also, I'm fine with the rolled weapons, but I am wondering: did you roll for all possible mace-class weapons (including scepters), or did you just roll from the "maces" list?

(Bonus points if I max Increased Stamina?):p

Last edited:
Andariel fell to the combined might of my SW and my merc while I plinked away with my two claws. I got fairly low on potions as you can see, but managed to keep the merc alive through the battle.
It was nice of Andy to give me a Topaz to complete my gem'd armour.

Screenshot002.jpg

Moving onto Act 2 and once i was high enough level to gamble a Giant Sword, I switched tact and started predominantly using battlefury as my attack of choice. I forgot how amusing battlefury is against these guys where I was often knocking them back all the way off screen.

Screenshot003.jpg

First unique dropped in the halls of agony and mr merc was very pleased to have it. He and the SW are still doing most of the work, but I can relatively easily pick-off the revivers with battlefury.
Speaking of which, having CoS on right click with a SW is quite nice as he casts it relatively often, which is a definite help with revivers.

Screenshot004.jpg

I always check yellow ones of these for failed uniques - looks like I hit the jackpot here (metaphorically speaking).
Screenshot009.jpg

and that ends my first updated.

Nigthshade Level 22 Assassin - Horadric cube complete.

Also, I'm fine with the rolled weapons, but I am wondering: did you roll for all possible mace-class weapons (including scepters), or did you just roll from the "maces" list?

I can get your reroll out of the way while I'm here!

Sash -> Belt

Forever Skills
Stun
Stun=>Berserk
Mace Mastery

Normal Skills
Concentrate
Frenzy
Natural Resist
Increased Stamina
Axe Mastery

Items
Heavy Armor
Mask
Large Shield
Gauntlets
Heavy Boots
Sash -> Belt

Class
Assault Helm

Weapons (Determined by mastery rolls, Mace and Axe, Mace got the x2 roll)
Club
Morning Star
War Axe

I am about to face the Ancients - can someone please roll my NM skills? Here are my current skills:

Forever:
(3-10) Lightning Fury
(1-2) Fire Arrow--> Decoy
(1-4) Multi-Arrow
(2-9) Valkyrie
Normal Skills
(3-2)Power Strike
(2-8) Evade
(2-5) Avoid
(2-6) Penetrate

I am about to face the Ancients - can someone please roll my NM skills? Here are my current skills:

Forever:
(3-10) Lightning Fury
(1-2) Fire Arrow--> Decoy
(1-4) Multi-Arrow
(2-9) Valkyrie
Normal Skills
(3-2)Power Strike
(2-8) Evade
(2-5) Avoid
(2-6) Penetrate

Nightmare Skills:

Pierce
Multishot -> Lightning Fury -> Avoid
Guided Arrow
Plague Javelin

Nightmare Skills:

Pierce
Multishot -> Lightning Fury -> Avoid
Guided Arrow
Plague Javelin
Thanks for the quick reply!

Hmmm...Plague Javelin and LF should carry me through NM, esp. with Pierce. No synergies though...phew. I will have to rely on my Valkyrie and mercenary a lot, I guess. On the plus side: I got this from Anya

Demon Skewer
Maiden Javelin
Throw Damage: 11 - 55
One Hand Damage: 15 - 39
Quantity: 80
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 33
Required Dexterity: 47
Fingerprint: 0xc0f666a7
Item Level: 44
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
92% Enhanced Damage
+13 to Maximum Damage
+119 to Attack Rating
+164% Damage to Undead
+184 to Attack Rating against Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit

EDIT:
Demon Skewer
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 34 - 116
One Hand Damage: 34 - 80
Quantity: 80
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0xc0f666a7
Item Level: 44
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
92% Enhanced Damage
+13 to Maximum Damage
+119 to Attack Rating
+164% Damage to Undead
+184 to Attack Rating against Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
Required Level +5

Last edited:
LK sessions - part 3
Pretty nice deliveries this afternoon/evening! Starting with the Shimmering Gc 10@. For now, I must be around 5/6 hours of LK running, it has a nice delivery pace - granted it would be better spent in Hell, but she may put more time there if she succeeds in getting there.

Also, the 9life/6PR Sc could be useful if I needed poison res...the same with fire RNG please!

Code:
Shimmering Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xac4d56c1
Item Level: 22
All Resistances +10

Ocher Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd4d64327
Lightning Resist +6%

Russet Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb98da1d7
+1 to Strength
Fire Resist +7%

Viridian Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1ad394b9
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Poison Resist +6%

Viridian Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xd547e3db
+9 to Life
Poison Resist +6%

Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3af230ea
+10 to Life

Reactions: Grisu
Thanks so much for the rolls, @Vang and @Vildecor ! Introducing: Niminy the Barbarian (attached). According to an online dictionary, Niminy comes from the 18th century phrase "niminy-piminy," which means "affectedly refined" or "finicky."

It seemed appropriate in a random tournament to employ a little randomness in the new character's name. I wrote a script to select a random six-letter word from the /usr/share/dict/words file of a Linux server.
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
s=$1
re="^"
while test $s -gt 0
  do
    re="$re."
    s=`expr $s - 1`
  done
  re="$re\$"
c=`grep $re /usr/share/dict/words | wc -l`
n=`python -c "import random; print random.randint(1,$c);"`
grep $re /usr/share/dict/words | head -$n | tail -1
I used a PRNG from a Python library, because I was too lazy to figure out how to get the random number from a random dot org API. :geek:

Niminy has carefully arrived at the Outer Cloister waypoint. So far he has found a rare club and a large charm of blight, and he also purchased some magic heavy boots from Charsi and a large shield from Gheed.

(I like the updates table, so I think I'll copy it here again.)
Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points

----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     25     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    30     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     13     Outer Cloister          1

Attachments

• Niminy.png
    Niminy.png
    291 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: CaseyJones

I can do it if you would like still since it is early, but normally you'd just roll from the mace list (I added it to the random rules, that if mace unless specified is just mace) We had a problem with that on year where like 2 random barbs got only wands.

Normally I would have waited for another significant duration of running, but this morning dropped this amulet, I have to share:
Code:
Acrobatic Amulet of Fortune
Amulet
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xa150e4bd
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Not jav&spears boost, but still boosting Critical Strike, Penetrate and Decoy, so it's all good, and will replace the current 24 MF one.

Alongside a Gc of cold res:
Code:
Lapis Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x10a135fb
Cold Resist +16%
39% Extra Gold from Monsters

As followed here, I now only need fire resistance charms to complete the goal before Act 4. Time for some RFL dedication on the next sessions!

Reactions: Swamigoon
RandomQueen has finished act3 in normal, Mephisto was rather easy. He didn't drop anything I am allowed to use so I'll press on instead, hoping to start to find some exceptional versions of my gear instead.

I had some issues for a while where the monsters seemed t ignore my merc? Going straight for me all the time which for a sorc is of course not so good.. I remember this happening sometimes if the merc died and they seem to "forget" him but this time it happened directly I started the game? I had to restart and then it worked again.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points

----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Reactions: Vildecor
I had some issues for a while where the monsters seemed t ignore my merc? Going straight for me all the time which for a sorc is of course not so good.. I remember this happening sometimes if the merc died and they seem to "forget" him but this time it happened directly I started the game? I had to restart and then it worked again.

I usually find this will usually happen when you get too far away from the mercenary and he "teleports" to you. Doesn't seem to always happen, but usually it's because of that.

Nightshade has completed Act 2. Relatively uneventful and generally progressed relatively well. She is still predominantly using bladefury, while her Merc and SW do most of the damage. CoS is still a fantastic skill, especially for the unravellers in Act 2.

Got a bunch of set items in and around the palace cellar, including 2 x Civerbs (amu+ shield) - none were useable though
Screenshot011.jpg

Screenshot012.jpg
Screenshot013.jpgScreenshot014.jpg

Found these nice pair of boots - but I can't wear them unfortunately so they got Charsi'd.

Screenshot016.jpg

Standard MO - Nightshade kneels at the back while the Shadow and Haseen do all the work.

Screenshot017.jpg

Just a day in the life of a typical Duriel drop
Screenshot018.jpg

Went through and cleared the rest of the tombs after duriel and got another drop - not as good as the mercs current item unfortunately
Screenshot019.jpg

Now on to Act 3 and Mephisto. Not sure i am going to like these more open maps that are coming up.

I've added my self to the table for this update - hopefully I didn't stuff it up.

Code:

SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     28     Kurast Docks            6

Not sure how you added the blank lines, but I did clean it - updating my clvl to 27, no real interest ;-)

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     27     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     28     Kurast Docks            6

Pynache reached the pinnacle of Normal
Screenshot006.jpg
and will soon be starting her journey in NM after respeccing to her NM skill set.

Of course cows was a joke for a Javazon, but for NM, I won't have any synergies, so we will see if LF is the powerhouse I am used to...

No NDEs or anything, as she was quite powerful with Power Strike against single targets and LF against mobs. Anya's great gift even reduced the amount of mana pots by a lot, so now I only need to find a good weapon for my Barb merc.

Pynache, the Random Amazon, and Healfdane, the Barbarian, NM Rogue Encampment next.

Code:
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15

Made it to Lower Kurast, but found these:
Screenshot041.jpgScreenshot042.jpg

(Nagel, 21%)

Code:
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     29     Lower Kurast            9 

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High