NEW op gauss channel for europe hc coop games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW op gauss channel for europe hc coop games

Great stuff dude, thats tightened things up considerably; the community has a safety buffer!

I have just added the timeban plugin, posted a description in the gauss commands thread and updated the .ops command list.

The .vouche commmand would be real nice, i will have a look how it can be implemented (possibly a rating system might fit). In the meantime i think we now have all tools needed to keep the channel clean:

* people are added to the channel based on the rules we have discussed here

* if a tppk should sneak in we know what to do
  • .exile for the tpp, what else
  • i check the bot logs for who added/vouched him
  • .timeban <voucher> d/7

You think that will cover it?

Yes, i feel safer already :)

The only thing i'm not so sure about is what happens when ops are in the channel, and someone says "Oh, please can you add my friend *some_account", since it will be the op who gets a temp ban if something goes wrong?

And hi BobCox :D

Thanks guys for the feedback! I also think that we can feel pretty safe and are now well prepared. If something naughty happens the message of our reaction will be loud and crystal clear.

re "can you add my friend": I think in this case it is clear that someone who said "add my friend" vouches that his friend is clean. It its 'someone' that gets the temp ban, and not the op that happens to do the .safeadd.

btw, i tested out the timeban command this morning on myself, works really nice :evil:

Hey guys, I just started HC yesterday on USEast, then thought why am I playing on East when my friends only play SC there and plus me living in the UK I may as well get the better ping while I'm playing HC so I have moved to Europe.

So I'm a first time HC player, looking for some good friends to play with.

*RuffHardcore

Hey guys, I just started HC yesterday on USEast, then thought why am I playing on East when my friends only play SC there and plus me living in the UK I may as well get the better ping while I'm playing HC so I have moved to Europe.

So I'm a first time HC player, looking for some good friends to play with.

*RuffHardcore

hey ruff, added you and welcome to gauss!

Hey, guys :) If you by any chance have any fire resist charms you don't need - i'd gladly take it :)

Those things are damn hard to buy...seems like noone keeps it unless it's awesome and then it's bloody expensive.

Thank you

Hey, guys :) If you by any chance have any fire resist charms you don't need - i'd gladly take it :)

Those things are damn hard to buy...seems like noone keeps it unless it's awesome and then it's bloody expensive.

Thank you

I think I have a 17% FR GC on my sin.. I'll check if I need it. :)

About the vouching, i dont think people should get a temp ban for vouching for a tppk. In my opinion it should be permanent.

About the vouching, i dont think people should get a temp ban for vouching for a tppk. In my opinion it should be permanent.

I think one week is hard enough, if we up the stakes too high, noboy will dare to vouch new people, except perhaps for those that they know irl. That would mean that the channel runs dry in the long term.

And hey, i have added guys to the channel after playing a few (or even just one!) good game/s with them, and they are now regularly playing helping, chatting etc., great members.
Up till now we can trust the feeling we have if we played with someone some time. It's subtle things like how fast someone picks things up, if he leaves you that shrine or that quest drop because he knows you need it more than him aso. But thats all intuition, and will not guarantee that one of us does not vouche a nasty person, that managed to trick us. And then just exile someone that has been tricked, and probably feels bad already, no way. But some punishment is in order, just to make shure everyone takes it seriously.
Btw, the 7day ban rule goes for everyone from the channel, including me. And i would not like to exile myself :crazyeyes:

Hi Chaps,

Double-gutted at the moment.

a) Main character was TPPK'd by Geo (a sorc - account "armstaff") - only 50 but even so ^^
b) I think I have banned myself from the channel by accident. Thought all 3 accounts were ok as I got a PM and one of them must have been missed. (Liqua_uk, Liqua_uk2, Liqua_uk3) ... All 3 banned AFAIK

Still .. half the fun is dodging PK'ers and the other the minions of Hell !

Last edited:

Hi Chaps,

Double-gutted at the moment.

a) Main character was TPPK'd by Geo (a sorc - account "armstaff") - only 50 but even so ^^
b) I think I have banned myself from the channel by accident. Thought all 3 accounts were ok as I got a PM and one of them must have been missed. (Liqua_uk, Liqua_uk2, Liqua_uk3) ... All 3 banned AFAIK

Still .. half the fun is dodging PK'ers and the other the minions of Hell !

Hey liqua, added/unbanned your accs, your good to go again. Armstaff - added to s*hitlist

This is a bit off-topic; but does someone need to quest through hell and is willing to join me? Tried asking some help in the chat channel, but no one was interested. After that played alone and tried public games and got in the middle of A2. Claw viper temple is too tough for my cold sorc's merc. :/

Have staff already. My acc name is *empeh.

can you add the accounts btk-baranor and dal-kurzak to your list? I'm a very nice kind of guy :)

Now I gotta finish SC... why does this game torment me by making me suffer?

can you add the accounts btk-baranor and dal-kurzak to your list? I'm a very nice kind of guy :)

Now I gotta finish SC... why does this game torment me by making me suffer?

Code:
1) Go to the Start menu, and open the program called Notepad (it's in the Accessories folder of the start menu).
2) Copy and paste the text below into a newly created document:

----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"AllowHardcore"=dword:00000001
----

3) Press Ctrl+S (or alternatively File --> Save As…) and save the document with the name allowhc.reg making sure the Save as type: is "All Files".
4) Double click on the file you just created, click YES that you do want to add the information to the registry, and click OK afterwards.
5) Proceed to create HC characters at your leisure.

Also, RAWWWWR and good to have you back. :crazyeyes:

Lol... thnx... will do later, currently watching seiz 5 X-files with the she-bear :D

Code:
1) Go to the Start menu, and open the program called Notepad (it's in the Accessories folder of the start menu).
2) Copy and paste the text below into a newly created document:

----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"AllowHardcore"=dword:00000001
----

3) Press Ctrl+S (or alternatively File --> Save As…) and save the document with the name allowhc.reg making sure the Save as type: is "All Files".
4) Double click on the file you just created, click YES that you do want to add the information to the registry, and click OK afterwards.
5) Proceed to create HC characters at your leisure.

Also, RAWWWWR and good to have you back. :crazyeyes:

today the question of the use of bots in the gauss channel came up in two different ways:
- guys from gauss that join baal bot games to leech loot and exp
- if its okay to run a chant bot

My position is that it does not make real difference if you are running the bot or just using its 'services', so i would say no bots, no matter if you use them or run them.

I just think, that people using bots in any way just have a cheater mentality and those that want results without investing time and skill. Thats just not the guys i want to play with...

For me, a .warn with 24h timeban should provide a clear enough signal. After that .exile.
What do the others think how we should treat bot users?

if I have a say in it (granted, I have not been in your channel for very long... ;) ), i'd say "so long bucko....!" cheats are for loosers. DII HC is easy enough as it is.

any 3rd party program that grants you an unfair advantage over other players is a no-no.

I was killed today by sors named Presli - account Seduction. I would like also to warn all people who doing public games to watch out high lvl sors who helping at first then turn hostile.Its nothing new, but still let my mistake be your warn.
I would also to blacklist few more accounts who tryed to pk me but failed( all tppk) .
JAVUREK
AMSTAFF.
INEXUS.LIMITED
CALABRIA

rip soso -.-"

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High