NEW op gauss channel for europe hc coop games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW op gauss channel for europe hc coop games

So far so good, really been enjoying the op gauss channel ^^ Could you possibly add my second account?

*TheReckless1

And I seem to have problems connecting to gauss at the moment, it's saying "the channel Op Gauss is restricted". thanks in advance:thumbup:

So far so good, really been enjoying the op gauss channel ^^ Could you possibly add my second account?

*TheReckless1

And I seem to have problems connecting to gauss at the moment, it's saying "the channel Op Gauss is restricted". thanks in advance:thumbup:

i have added your second account, but could not unban you because you are offline. try to enter, if you are still restricted we will have to unban you while you are online.

Is op gauss open to people you meet or friends you have aqquired through gaming that aren't forumites (such as my mate Tom, who doesn't use any forums but has access through me) as a guy joined me and Ivan's nm Baals last night and when I asked him what his forum handle was he said he didn't use forums... hc-Irenicus was his char name, d3filer was the account and he was a lvl 80 Fishy...who knows him, just out of curiosity?

We seem to have a lot of "unknown" people coming around. Fine by me for as long as
A) they shall not haX and
B) if they tppk me I will make them bleed like their mother did while giving birth to their puny asses. :hang::xxx::censored::nono:

I'm a very calm person. Really. I am.

I'm all for non-forumites as long as they don't do anything naughty but I think they need a link to someone honest in order to use the channel (be vetted to so speak) as I don't want my hard work ruined by some dickless piece of monkeypile being sad enuff to post once on a forum just to gain access to a private channel to TPPK people!

I'm all for non-forumites as long as they don't do anything naughty but I think they need a link to someone honest in order to use the channel (be vetted to so speak) as I don't want my hard work ruined by some dickless piece of monkeypile being sad enuff to post once on a forum just to gain access to a private channel to TPPK people!
Hmm .. I don't post much, haven't played much, and just ventured into HC for the first time. (All other characters, levels 80+, are Eu Softcore now in NL due to the reset) but I would like to join your merry band.

Already died once (through stupidity :thumbup:) and managed to dodge PKers enough times to know they are a pain in the rear - It's hard enough being in Hardcore without some ePeen flexer chasing me. Im all for duels if it's consented but for now just looking for like minded players who want to have some fun.

Accounts:
*liqua_uk
*liqua_uk2
*liqua_uk3 (to be purchased once I find a reseller of the box set !)

Right now, as ladder makes it's first steps, it's very important for us to keep donating "low stuff" noone needs for starting characters or newcomers.

Do we have such a thing and who should i contact for "in and out" operations?

Agreed. I too have been concerned with the number of "unknowns" gaining access to the channel. Though it is Floyds channel, and he of course is free to do as he pleases, i think maybe it would be wise to need some sort of recommendation/approval from an existing member who can vouch for them. I'm not saying that these unknowns have been causing any bother, but it only takes one to spoil it for everyone.

What do we think?

I'm for it dude, the problem is finding an effective process to vet people, as my initial thought of post-count would seem unfair as some people don't have a lot of time to post and some of the trustworthies have only a handful of posts!

It's a difficult one...I try to chat to people to see who is who and who they know and how they came by the channel, but my first question is always "What's your forum handle?" if account names and handles aren't similar or easily recognizable and if the answer isn't immediate I tend to be a bit wary as this is the place they are supposed to have found out about op gauss!

P.S. Koyen, I guess making a giveaway thread similar to the US one could work...

I heard about op gauss through a friend who was already safelisted, and i didnt have a forum account then. I think alot of people in gauss still play public games, i still do. i've recruited a couple of people from public games who i've quested with and chatted with, and by my judgement, are nice "safe" people.

I'm not entirely sure how we'd go about people needing approval before being safelisted. Obviously we can build a picture of forum members by viewing their previous posts, but those with insufficient posts, or no forum acc, the only viable way i see for these to be recommended is by playing public games and meeting an op gauss member. This is probably easier than it sounds if you play the game properly. ie questing instead of asking for rush's.

After all, how safe is a safe channel that doesnt have a screening process?

We just need to decifer a viable way of screening. . . (providing Floyd agrees of course :p)

So far, we have added people to the channel quite liberally, but i agree that we have to take care so we don't add naughty people.

The recommendation system has a lot for it, but i'm afraid that we could reject some really nice player people of the type "haven't played d2 for 3 years, but reinstalled it". Those wont know any other players, and probably havent posted in the forum.

Also, i think that the channel is so nice to use, that most people would not risk being banned forever just for shot at one lousy ear?

What do you think of something like this:
- gauss ops (access 70) add their friends (or people they played with and feel they can trust) at their own descretion
- for forumites that apply in the thread, we have a look at their postings, and if we think it fits, we add them
- non-forumites that apply with their first post are asked by pm if they know anyone that can recommend them. But i think, often the post reveals quite a bit of the person.
- if another channel members asks someone else to be added (can xy also join?), we ask back if he can vouch for him before safelisting.

i think maybe it would be wise to need some sort of recommendation/approval from an existing member who can vouch for them. I'm not saying that these unknowns have been causing any bother, but it only takes one to spoil it for everyone.
I would agree with you here but I guess it all depends on how you advertise your games.

- Do you make private runs with password ? (which is what I assume you do) If so, then an outsider like myself will never be able to mix with an existing member, get known, or meet new people as I can't see your games nor join the channel to find the password.

- Do you make public runs ? If so that will give you chance to meet unknowns (like me) and find the good people at the risk of being PK'd by the not so good ones. Most people I guess would prefer passworded games with members from the channel.

Catch 22 ...

And to be direct - I don't really mind if you suddenly tighten up entrance to your channel and that means I can't get in. At the end of the day Diablo 2 is only a game and whilst I would prefer to play with like minded people multi-botting it can reap just as much reward if not being a lot riskier.

I always do my questing in public games, because its always nice to meet new people. I'll often enter public games to help out lower levels too, so there is always the prospect of recruiting new members there.

I have also seen a few other gauss members frequenting public games, so its not as though we all hide in passworded games.

I like your ideas Floyd, but i think an extra addition would be that you are partly responsible for the person you vouched for. For example, if i vouched for *some_account and he tppk'd or whatever, he would be exiled, and i would recieve a temp ban. maybe a week or two? That way, we wont get people vouching for people theyre not so sure of.

On a side note, i believe there is a new maphack out already, so members please be aware of the .warn command

Good point about holding people responsible for their recommendations.

I think that the hack users, tppks and other troublemakers behave bad as they do because nobody can really do anything about it. In our channel it is different, everybody knows that he will be exiled for naughty behaviour. So i dont worry too much about tppks sneaking in, because they could only pull it off once.

But since the common sentiment is that we should tighten it up a bit, thats what we will do (on a sidenote, this is not my channel, i just happen to have the fun of running and tweaking the bot, the real important thing is the commity that has emerged).

So the updated rules for adding people could be:
- gauss ops (access 70) add their friends (or people they played with and feel they can trust) at their own descretion

- for forumites that apply in the thread, we have a look at their postings, and if we think it fits, we add them (mind you, tppks are so degraded mentally that they can barely read, and hardly write)

- non-forumites that apply with their first post are asked by pm if they know anyone that can recommend them. But i think, often the post reveals quite a bit of the person.

- if another channel member asks someone else to be added, we ask back if he can vouch for him before safelisting.

- the retribution for vouching for or safelisting a naughty person is a temp ban of 1 week. will that be enough to make people think before vouching?

what do you think?

I'd give a two week temp ban. It's not too leniant, and not too harsh. 2 weeks would give you time to realise how good the gauss channel is.

How would we impliment the temp ban? Would ops be able to issue the bans? And how would we keep track of who vouches for who? Maybe a .vouched command allows you to see how a certain member was introduced to the channel? For example ".vouched *some_account" would display something like this: *some_account was existing forumite or new forumite or vouched by *another_account.

What do you think?

If it can be easily implemented, the vouch command is an excellent idea, but I think a week ban is sufficient, two is only slightly too much, as people can be tricked when it comes to things like this as we all want to believe the rest of cattle.net is as nice as us and would like to welcome them to our community, but unfortunately they are mewling cabbages most of the time...

(thanks for that line Bill Hicks, you legend :thumbup:)

There is a plugin named timeban, that does that. Ops would be able to .timeban <user> <days>

As to who vouched for whom, if and when the need arises i will check the bot's logs for when the guy was added by whom. Then the responsible is either the one who added, or it will be easy to find out in the logs.

A timeban of one week would seem harsh enough for me.

The vouched command is a real nice idea, but would require some vba programming.

If it can be easily implemented, the vouch command is an excellent idea, but I think a week ban is sufficient, two is only slightly too much

I have just added the timeban plugin, posted a description in the gauss commands thread and updated the .ops command list.

The .vouche commmand would be real nice, i will have a look how it can be implemented (possibly a rating system might fit). In the meantime i think we now have all tools needed to keep the channel clean:

* people are added to the channel based on the rules we have discussed here

* if a tppk should sneak in we know what to do
  • .exile for the tpp, what else
  • i check the bot logs for who added/vouched him
  • .timeban <voucher> d/7

You think that will cover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low