Missile Multitude MP Group featuring A3 mercs

I'm OK to postpone until Sunday 5th Feb if that helps @ffs
It is looking it would only be three of us this weekend, so for me it is worth waiting for a 33% increase in damage :)

Would that work for you @PhineasB @ziambe ?

I think @ffs still has my Last Wish but maybe he can loan it to you @ziambe if you decide to try that route 🙂
I sent it back (10/10/2021) :) I just double-checked and confirmed in sent emails. Perhaps it ended up in a spam filter or so?

@maxicek If we start 5 Feb that should be more realistic on my end.

Started a chargedboltress, not sure if itll be the char i stick with though since the group would be a little more physical dmg oriented if @ffs joins with a zookeeper...when do we know more @ffs ;)

Also im not sure if charged bolts are in line with the theme. I was thinking i would wield infinity but I like the idea of bringing other auras that would be more helpful to the group :D

Fire blast had occurred to me as well, wasnt sure if it counts as a trap or not. Would be good to have you @coju

Last edited:
Charged bolt also ok IMO, not that different from teeth. They still somewhat travel in a straight line, rather than being an area of effect spelll.

MSLE the chargedboltress is proving very satisfying so far...actually I am worried she may prove too strong for this endeavor :p

I will pre-fill out the table, but there is still a reasonable chance I switch to some kind of exploding arrow toon either in Enchantress form or Explodazon. Decisions, decisions...

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build             Merc                Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____             ____                _____________
maxicek        Crowley          Necro        Dentist           Cold + Lawbringer   76 A1 Hell
PhineasB       Bulls_Eye        Barb         Thrower                               72 A1 Hell
ziambe         MSLE             Sorc         Chargedboltress   TBD                 49 A1 NM

Last edited:
Starting the Ranger/Zookeeper now. :) Should make some progress today. I'll go boring OP Fissure for a speedy N/NM playthrough, so that I can be reasonably sure I'll make it to Hell until next Sunday. I still have some activities planned next Sunday but I should be able to move things around if required.

What time were you guys thinking for the session?

For me, something like 9:30-10pm CET would be ideal.

Leveled to 75 in the Cave to allow him to equip Warshrike, and also grabbed an A3 Normal Lightning Merc. I'm going Crescent Moon, Viper, a 20 FCR circlet with lots of plus strength, which allows him to equip an eth Sprit Monarch. Once he hits lvl 76, I will try out Griffon's with a faceted Lidless.

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build             Merc                Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____             ____                _____________
maxicek        Crowley          Necro        Dentist           Cold + Lawbringer   76 A1 Hell
PhineasB       Bulls_Eye        Barb         Thrower           Lightning + CM      75 A1 Hell
ziambe         MSLE             Sorc         Chargedboltress   TBD                 49 A1 NM

Looking at the options for weapons on an Iron Wolf is downright disheartening...I've narrowed it down to:

1. Fortitude Crystal Sword for survivability
2. A Greater Hit Power or Safety craft from 1.07 (CtC Frost Nova or PDR/MDR + 3 Sockets + Crafting is fun!)
3. Phoenix for survivability (too expensive)
4. Lawbringer (already covered)
5. Spirit (default choice)
6. Last Wish (would cost me 5 Bers and my only available Jah not to mention finding a way to get the DEX necessary)

I think I'll try my luck at option #2 and keep option #1 as a backup.

For the rest of the equipment I am favoring a CC route:
  • 1.10s Delerium (Mind Blast + Confuse + Terror when struck)
  • Gloom (Dim Vision when struck)
  • Dream Troll Nest (Confuse when struck)

It looks like I lost my Last Wish to to spam filter and gmail 30-day deletion :( Can’t find it in the gmail, so maybe I’ll remake one in a 6os crystal sword for this playthrough so merc can easily equip. I have 4 Jahs and quite a few Surs, so might as well use ‘‘em right? I can loan it out to someone or equip it myself

It looks like I lost my Last Wish to to spam filter and gmail 30-day deletion :( Can’t find it in the gmail, so maybe I’ll remake one in a 6os crystal sword for this playthrough so merc can easily equip. I have 4 Jahs and quite a few Surs, so might as well use ‘‘em right? I can loan it out to someone or equip it myself
I mean, the emails still exists on my end at least... @maxicek wouldn't that be considered a legitimate backup use?

Reactions: PhineasB
@ffs @PhineasB Yes, that is fine. That is what the e-mails are for.

Also: Backup. Often.

@ziambe I don’t see Fortitude weapon really offering the merc much that Silence does not.

@coju Unfortunately the removal of TCP/IP makes this impossible in D2R.

Last edited:
@PhineasB I'll use a Faith bow, yes. Lvl 14 aura if anyone wants to calculate his IAS precisely.

I trust that you and @maxicek will provide BO and Amp, respectively. Otherwise I'd go with CtA and/or Wrath (Decrepify) on switch.

If we have high level BO I think I'll indeed go HoW.

I'll have plenty of skill points to spare in any case. What first comes to mind is course dumping them in summons, but I was wondering where do we stand on the below Druid skills -- are they "ranged enough" for our purposes?

- Arctic Blast (probably yes?)
- Firestorm (probably not, too close range?)
- Molten Boulder (probably yes?)
- Armageddon (probably not, around the Druid and rather Blizzard-like AoE?)

That will probably dictate my use of skill points and switch weapon setup.

Reactions: PhineasB
I'd agree with your assessment of those skills @ffs Is Artic Blast a missile if it a continuous stream? Not sure.

I currently have CtA on switch and yes I will use Amp. If Phineas is BOing, I may put an insight staff on, just to save on my nasty mana pot habit.

I was planning to have lacerators on main and warshrike on switch, but I could just go dual lacerators x2 to keep amp up constantly and help manage replenish more smoothly. I could also go lacerators/warshrike x2 (I think that is what @ffs did with his recent thrower) but I like the symmetry of the matching weapons 🤔

I'm also seriously considering building the Crystal Sword Last Wish for the merc, so that aura is available (assuming I can keep him alive, which would be doubtful solo but may be possible with 3-4 other characters and mercs running around). His lightning damage will be less powerful, but really how powerful was it going to be anyhow :)

Or 4x Warshrike. :) Probably Amp from Lacerators won't be needed with max around? Although it doesn't hurt as backup of course.

I can also bring Last Wish for Merc if you choose to go for something else. I'd just use PB and get his dexterity there. Like you said, it's not like doing so cripples an OP caster merc. :D

I'd agree with your assessment of those skills @ffs Is Artic Blast a missile if it a continuous stream? Not sure.
Basin wiki considers it a missile attack as well. I think I'll go with that as backup attack, never made much use of it and could be fun.

My char is ready.

I stuck with the ranged theme and went for 'Ice' demon crossbow on switch to increase Arctic Blast damage :p

Main weapon = Faith diamond // Fanaticism aura
Switch weapon = Ice demon xbow // Holy freeze aura if we run into trouble
Merc weapon = Last Wish PB // Might aura

@PhineasB your call if you want to go with another LW for higher coverage or something else.

Other gear: Giant Skull (75% ED, 5 dex jewels), HLW, LoH, War Traveler, Raven, Rare dual leech/AR/min dmg ring, Razortail, Fortitude.

I'll try to get a few more levels to add more Arctic Blast synergy points (or buff wolves a bit, TBD) and vit -- without either BO nor Oak his life is rather low atm.

Screenshot326.jpg

Screenshot327.jpg

Reactions: ziambe and PhineasB
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High