MFO Summer 2022 Signups and Running Thread

Whoops, yes, thank you for catching that. I thought I'd updated all the dates to align with this year's schedule, but clearly missed those. Fixing them now. And, yes, please do send the updates if you are able. Part of the fun is getting a sense of where you fall among all the competitors in the category, and it leads to more engagement over the 10 days and in the thread. It's really not too much trouble for me to manage.
I'm not aware of the update lol.

How does it works? Just PM @PhineasB the worth-mentioning items so far?

I'm not aware of the update lol.

How does it works? Just PM @PhineasB the worth-mentioning items so far?
Yeah, and the spreadsheet from Nulio is super helpful in keeping track. Just in case you missed in OP:

Nulio created an excel file that can help you with several things:
1. 'Tables' sheet has all the scores
2. 'Point Calculator' sheet allows you to list all your finds and calculates your score
a) You have to indicate the category
b) If you are playing more than one category, duplicate the sheet
c) To allow automatic timestamping you need to turn the iterative calculation (File > Options > Formulas > Enable iterative calculation). If you don't want it just delete the column
d) To allow auto completion of cells you need to turn it on (File > Options > Advanced > Enable AutoComplete For Cell Values).
3. 'Rankings' sheet can help supervisors... supervise

100 runs in so far and this is really exciting. This is my first MFO and finding the "useless" elites is exciting again.
Runs are quite slow on console (ca 2m for Pindle +ES), so i hope i can get ~500 runs in the alotted time. play time is a bit more restricted next week.

100 runs in so far and this is really exciting. This is my first MFO and finding the "useless" elites is exciting again.
Runs are quite slow on console (ca 2m for Pindle +ES), so i hope i can get ~500 runs in the alotted time. play time is a bit more restricted next week.
@lizard you're on the Switch IIRC. I have D2R on it too but haven't played much with it there. On my Xbox Series X there's a video option to change between video "quality" and "performance", with quality being default. When I switched to performance it made load times significantly faster (and it looks better too). Don't recall if the Switch has such settings, but thought I'd mention it in case.

Update: Pindle has coughed up 6 qualifiers for me now.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
@lizard you're on the Switch IIRC. I have D2R on it too but haven't played much with it there. On my Xbox Series X there's a video option to change between video "quality" and "performance", with quality being default. When I switched to performance it made load times significantly faster (and it looks better too). Don't recall if the Switch has such settings, but thought I'd mention it in case.

Update: Pindle has coughed up 6 qualifiers for me now.
thanks for the tip, but i could not find a performance option. i think the switch version is already d2r "light". can only adjust lighting quality.

There is a lot i can do to be more efficient in my runs. All these rare gloves need checking, you know... But i am also trying to stay alive, since i am HC, so i cant play completely on autopilot with certain mob combinations or auras on PES.

I do have telecharges on second slot, but i have to rebind before each run, hopefully that gets fixed in 2.5.

6 qualifiers so far

Last edited:
Rules question: do items from poppables that *aren't* special sparkly or super count as qualifiers or no, only drops from monsters are allowed?

To those of you who fled before my awesome power, jokes on you! I learned that maggot lair level 3 spawns monsters like a level2 cave in act 1 so there's very few monsters (I was getting 1-2 per run). I have now moved to the mausoleum which has 20x my efficiency, gained 10 levels, 4mf, and upgraded two items slots on my mercenary. Except actually only upgraded one, because he still needs 9 more strength to use the other.

Failed unique from Pindle. Dweb is the only item I've hoped to get from the MFO... so close. :)

Resized_f7ee24e2-d54b-4fcb-8a7d-b4de28b67ac9.jpeg
Edit: After some checking, learned I was wrong... it was a failed ser item, so not so close.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Made plenty runs today and... oh my God.
Why am I not getting anything? Seriously barely any unique dropped.
I’m just trying to lock in to robot mode at this point… I have a certain number of runs I’d like to hit and trying just to complete it without thinking about what drops.

That said, I did a spat of a few hundred runs of Pindle before MFO to get in groove and scored almost double where I am now I’m pretty sure… trying not to think about it. 😂😂😂

5.5 hrs completed and super satisfied by the result :)

Was having some fun with my lv98 Pit zerker. Recorded every run with Oskros' run counter and eff so far is 1.86. Well this is my first time trying to get the best efficiency I could. But seems like still quite a long way to go to meet the very top performance in the forum. I guess I just need more knowledge on the required map...

We’ll make an exception for those returning from vacation @D2DC Sign up away!
Thanks! Not even sure if I'll even complete a full 20hrs, but this will hopefully motivate me to get a bit of D2 time in!

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
Swamigoon
Arjan
LouB
HanShotFirst
maxicek
Kstil3227
m4ke
-------------------
Pindle+