MFO Summer 2022 Signups and Running Thread

I'll give it a shot. Running p1 pits (or another area!?) will be a good break for my hardcore untwinked 99 hopeful barb.
He's currently specced as a singer and, like @ffs I've got a nice 'istist' ali baba but not 6 extra ists to burn. Let's go!

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
Swamigoon
Arjan
LouB
HanShotFirst
maxicek
Kstil3227
m4ke
-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
lizard
Silvio415
BBS_Agonistes
Triple Helix
-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Excalibur
ffs
little birdy
Gynli
zorohpjtr
Trim
jimsfriend
Nano
AntiRush

-------------------
Teams
-------------------
--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Baal

Pindle

A85

Trim

I am SO psyched this year, and if an end-of-tournament presentation idea comes to life (no promises) it'll be the perfect motivator to keep me going. Truthfully, I don't stand a chance with my set up compared to the tried-and-true builds, but I'm ready to get cracking for those greens & golds!

Good luck with the runs! ...To me only. The rest of y'all can gather up all the garbage. :cool:

7956286-poker-player-with-sunglasses-gathering-winning-chips.jpg

Anyone planning to try some of the new lvl 85 areas?

In SC I'd have a look at A3 in particular such as as Sewers and Swampy Pit, maybe even both to reduce the negative effect of loading times. They should have solid boss density and combining them could result in nice efficiency. It's just that in HC I kinda want to avoid those dolls so I'm gonna stay in the Pit I think.

Don't think the other new lvl 85 areas are worth it, low density and/or too remote/isolated to run.

And any unconventional builds someone is going with? Having caught up on the D2R changes, I still don't see anything competing with Berserker. I'm surprised how he was buffed even further with the Berserk and Hork synergy changes, plus IAS mechanics now allowing for a bunch of offhand options making it even more accessible/easier to gear.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Anyone planning to try some of the new lvl 85 areas?

In SC I'd have a look at A3 in particular such as as Sewers and Swampy Pit, maybe even both to reduce the negative effect of loading times. They should have solid boss density and combining them could result in nice efficiency. It's just that in HC I kinda want to avoid those dolls so I'm gonna stay in the Pit I think.

Don't think the other new lvl 85 areas are worth it, low density and/or too remote/isolated to run.

And any unconventional builds someone is going with? Having caught up on the D2R changes, I still don't see anything competing with Berserker. I'm surprised how he was buffed even further with the Berserk and Hork synergy changes, plus IAS mechanics now allowing for a bunch of offhand options making it even more accessible/easier to gear.
i think stony tomb is the most worthwhile of the new ones, but not ideal for MFO.
It can be close to town, has a fixed layout, has a dedicated treasure room/armory in every layout, which is not the best for MFO.

Isnt underground passage 85 now too ()? should be fairly close to Pit in terms of density monster types and can spawn closer to WP. Only lvl 2 is 85 :(

Stony Tomb looks good on paper but I wonder how fast it can be run. It's not in an area with a waypoint and running through Lut Gholein is kinda slow, by the time you reach the entrance you could have already gotten a few kills in the Pit I reckon. Checking the monster types in the A3 areas those actually don't seem too appealing either on second thought (dolls, water watchers, gloams can be annoying too...). Pit followed by AT still seem to be the best targets in the end, but I'm curious as to how efficient the new areas can be.

I'm planning to go with my Poisonmancer in the Pit, likely balancing XP and speed by going at p5. I don't think I will end up assigning teams, so likely just individual competition this year unless folks pull together their own teams.

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
Swamigoon
Arjan
LouB
HanShotFirst
maxicek
Kstil3227
m4ke
-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
lizard
Silvio415
BBS_Agonistes
Triple Helix
-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Excalibur
ffs
little birdy
Gynli
zorohpjtr
Trim
jimsfriend
Nano
AntiRush
PhineasB
-------------------
Teams
-------------------
--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Baal

Pindle

A85
Trim

Stony Tomb looks good on paper but I wonder how fast it can be run. It's not in an area with a waypoint and running through Lut Gholein is kinda slow, by the time you reach the entrance you could have already gotten a few kills in the Pit I reckon. Checking the monster types in the A3 areas those actually don't seem too appealing either on second thought (dolls, water watchers, gloams can be annoying too...). Pit followed by AT still seem to be the best targets in the end, but I'm curious as to how efficient the new areas can be.

That was my feeling as well, ffs, that Pit and AT would still be winners as far as lvl85.

The one that tempted me a little is the Arachnid Lair. Right next to a WP, no scary monsters there that I've seen, and my Furyzon can shred through it pretty fast, but it's a smaller area. Not sure how many bosses can spawn there.

As far as D2R loadtimes go, right now I'm running probably the worst target possible (Pindle), so I had been mulling over some lvl 85, but I think I'll stick with Pindle and just make peace with the times.

The one that tempted me a little is the Arachnid Lair. Right next to a WP, no scary monsters there that I've seen, and my Furyzon can shred through it pretty fast, but it's a smaller area. Not sure how many bosses can spawn there.
I ran a fair amount of tests in Arachnid Lair with a barb, both as a singer and a zerker. I may just have never found a great map, but I rarely saw more than 5 boss packs. It didn't end up being efficient compared to my pit times.

Updates and Final Scores. In the interest of sportsmanship, please send a private message to your category supervisor (the “Start a conversation” option) with updates of your progress and total score at the following three points in the process:
- The first three days (Friday and first weekend), until the end of Sunday, September 5
- The first seven days, until the end of Thursday, September 9
- Final score as soon as you can (but no later than 12 hours after you finish). Please just send it when you finish playing for the MFO!

A quick clarification. Am I wrong in I'm assuming the dates here are supposed to be:
- The first three days (Friday and first weekend), until the end of Sunday, Aug 28
- The first seven days, until the end of Thursday, September 1

Reactions: PhineasB
On second thought, please count me out for the MFO. I'm having too much fun questing my new HC Bladesin right now (only in NM, definitely not ready to participate in MFO!). I think I'd rather keep working on this new character (and perhaps another new HC character) instead of focusing on MF runs for the next couple weeks.

-------------------
Baal
-------------------
Swamigoon
Arjan
LouB
HanShotFirst
maxicek
Kstil3227
m4ke
-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
lizard
Silvio415
BBS_Agonistes
Triple Helix
-------------------
Level 85 Areas
-------------------
Excalibur
ffs
little birdy
Gynli
zorohpjtr
Trim
jimsfriend
Nano
AntiRush
PhineasB
-------------------
Teams
-------------------
--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Baal

Pindle

A85

Trim

A quick clarification. Am I wrong in I'm assuming the dates here are supposed to be:
- The first three days (Friday and first weekend), until the end of Sunday, Aug 28
- The first seven days, until the end of Thursday, September 1
Whoops, yes, thank you for catching that. I thought I'd updated all the dates to align with this year's schedule, but clearly missed those. Fixing them now. And, yes, please do send the updates if you are able. Part of the fun is getting a sense of where you fall among all the competitors in the category, and it leads to more engagement over the 10 days and in the thread. It's really not too much trouble for me to manage.

I realized while getting set up that Live somehow doesn't have a Gheed's. I ran an awful lot of Andariel for that to be the case. I did a few hundred more runs and no luck so I guess I'll go without. I still managed to cobble together 504% MF but it'd be a lot easier with the GC 😂

I rolled a map yesterday and recorded my first couple of runs with my fledgling HC Berserker before work this morning. :)

Just wanted to get some kind of benchmark to (hopefully) improve upon. Initial run times are around 69 seconds, roughly 25% slower than my Pitzerker in LoD. Of course everything else is also worse :) such as MF and AR values. So yeah, comparing 1.14 and D2R only leads to frustration. ;)

But all things considered he works well enough and feels safe in HC. Map is not top tier but solid. 5-tile level 1 rather thant he ideal 4 tiles, but it's easy to run and it often spawns max bosses. Longer run times in D2R make 4 vs 5 tiles less important anyway. Level 2 rarely spawns 4, but also rarely 2 so it's OK overall.

Well I managed to get five Baal runs in this morning., but that its for me till Monday night. 2 had all rare items and one had all magic items. Only one very low level unique (0 points) and 3 set items. I've decided to see how many full level 99 sets I can collet. Might even start a level 99 Grail, that should take me another 20 years!

I'm running my WolfBarb

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High