Re: MFO Progress Thread

Team Update

Alchemists
Winnatitis
Team Kitten Killers!
Team Kittens!
Tiddlywinks

The scores that are in appear close.

Also, a mostly impressive showing by the teams, team players vs non team playes are dominating most of the categories

Last edited:

Baal cathegory - after second update:

1. Callador
2. Zaliqai
3. krovak
4. jrlafrance

Callador made nice jump, but game is open.

I can edit this post if jrlafrance send his 2nd update, but maybe I will just post last update on Friday evening (I hope that is best time for it). So please send me last updates before Friday night European time (GMT +/-1).

Good luck.

[highlight]EDIT:[/highlight]
Jrlafrance sent me update, order remains same.

Last edited:

Second update E-mailed to Mursilis, nothing amazing, Iam Overburden is now well on his way to lvl96 hopeing to get there by the end of the MFO.

Another wrist-wrecking evening resulting in a slight upgrade to my score. Found several grailers, but only one qualified for the MFO. It's a relatively fun find though. Update sent to Mursilis.
I'm done for tonight. May your drops be good!

Only had time to do a few runs tonight, RL gets in the way at times :rolleyes:. Anyway, the Great facet hunt is up to 11 so far with plenty of time left.

Speaking of time left, time for another level 85 area update.

[highlight]Level 85 Areas Update[/highlight]

zerth
Naab
LD50
maareek
Corrupted
bassano
omgwtfbbqnub
Jaedhann
jjscud
xxnothing
DX-Crawler
Mungo
Phosheez
maxicek

Just about everyone is only a single point, or less, from one of their neighbors. It's quite close and anyone's race. :thumbup:

In the Doghouse:
DarkChaos
Drixx
Thomh

so for now

San - sure dominator of pindle category for now :D

Hmm, its nice to know, who stollen my luck :coffee: I can just say, that this is one of the most dry running sequences for me, thats pretty sure...

Thats happening to me in every MF tourney...Arrrgh

Ugh, wow, today was a rough slog. Longest qualifier less drought that I can remember ever from running AT, though I did end up with a fairly low qualifier dropping with a solid roll and I found a Cat's Eye, which was a grailer. Up to 7 grailers now, 6 of them qualifiers. Also hit 95 with Blizzy, so that's cool.

Maybe my luck will pick up tomorrow. Hopefully I can squeeze in a decent amount of runs even with the BCS Championship game being tomorrow night.

Good luck to all you pindle/Baal/Meph runners out there, and lots and lots of IK Mauls to you other alvl 85 runners. ;p

Last 150 runs was terrible. No improvement of my score at all and there IS a lot to improve. Was slain again, this time it was a conviction gloam pack. Fortunately, the corpse was retrieved again.

Baal teased me with a failed set legend spike and again dropped one of these:

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 19
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 3
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd9977058
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

I am considering a map reroll, but who knows, let's hope I'll be more lucky from now on...

Sent in an update, but my score didn't improve much.

Not quite 200 runs, but the drops stink! Looks like I've got my work cut out for me if I'm gonna improve!

Ouch krovak, good thing that you were able to recover the corpse.
Do you have stacked lightning resist?
After one similiar gloam incident I now have enough resists that only conviction combined with lower resists will reduce my light res lower then 75.

Huh, due to forum troubles I managed to get to diii.net yesterday for the first time this year. Sent my report no. 1. It`s fun to run Pindle for a change. Score is not to high, but i found few grailers that make me happy. Managed to get killed on 1.st run :duh: when I accidentaly teleported into middle of them. Getting close to clvl 95, hopefully I`ll reach it.
Most interesting non qualifier find is double Highlord`s wrath which are my only two uniques ammys found, also a grailer (first one tough :grin: )

happy hunting everyone.

@Callador: My light resist is only 75+1. I have never thought about increasing it further, but maybe sacrificing some MF for LRes would be good. This was the first time that something like this happened to me(all other deaths were more or less avoidable).

When I reach 98, I'll probably finish the MFO with the current setup, but if I ever decide to seriously run for lvl 99, I'll definitely re-gear the sorc for more survivability. Better charms and better CtA(now +2 BO/+2 BC) wouldn't hurt either...

A question, if I may..

Suppose I have multiple qualifiers with the same score, and enough that they don't all fit in top5. Can I choose which I put in my top5, or do I have to go with the scoresheet?

I believe you can choose. I also have a bunch of 3.3 point items, so I choose what I put in top 5 (3 same items for less writing :grin:)

Second update sent to lionheartthebrave. Some improvement on the score.

What's with all the squid sightings? :dontknow:

@krovak: Sorry about your death, but I love your corpse retrieval kit. It's now part of my gear as well.

Sent my second update on tuesday with not much of a score increase, so I now have a mouth full of Callador's dust :badteeth:. I have been able to increase my score again and will send that in tomorrow but I doubt it'll be enough. I've never been much of a Baal runner and am now starting to understand why no one runs him for items.

The only non-qualifiers worth mentioning are a HoZ and 2 SoJs.

Good luck all! :thumbup:

[highlight]Meph runners[/highlight]

Darkoooo
Kecin
Nacruno
HolyPade
Mursilis
Juicy Cheese (1st update)

Smips has had to pull out due to PC issues

@JC: send me an update and I will adjust accordingly

This is the second and final planned update from me, that leaves a weekend of mystery for you all. Good luck to you all, if you want another update, say so

EDIT:
@Zaliqai: only 2 SoJ, I've never found one

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High