MFO Progress Thread

Re: MFO Progress Thread

ACT5 SU updates for now:

RIP > sequana > zarfen

other updates still I haven´t

edit: added RIP

Last edited:
Well I'm not last, that's always nice.

One odd thing from last night though. I've been playing DII since it came out, off and on and never found a SOJ. I wasn't too worried about it. However at the end of last month while questing with my Fishymancer one dropped. :alright: It was a grailer, so very nice. Now last night Mephisto coughed up another one, which makes two within a two week period. Very strange how things like this happen. :dontknow:

Hey guys!
I'm here just to say that I'm out of the competition. Time for D2 is in short supply, so I'm out (before I end up with a pathetic amount of runs and an even more pathetic amount of qualifiers :badteeth:)

Good luck to rest of you!

My suspicions are confirmed... I'm currently in last place among alvl85 runners! :thumbup:
Oh well, I'm having fun participating, no matter the outcome. Hopefully in the next few days I can get a few lucky drops to advance my position. Tonight after work I'll put in as many runs as I can before my wrist gives out...

Grats to Mursilis on the SoJ #2! Also 'grats to all others who have found good items, grailers, etc!

These good people sent updates ;):

Baal cathegory:

If I'm right, only 2 others running baal are Aman and jrlafrance, it would be nice to have some update from you as well :).

Not much to update, but I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Good news: My Enigmadin leveled up to 97
Bad news: Unless my calculations are wrong, its gonna be ~12K runs to level up again :cry:

Not much to update, but I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Good news: My Enigmadin leveled up to 97
Bad news: Unless my calculations are wrong, its gonna be ~12K runs to level up again :cry:

12K, 97 - 98 should only be ~1K runs at p8
even at p1 I think that's only 4.5 K runs
even less because baal's exp is on 2x at p3

12K, 97 - 98 should only be ~1K runs at p8
even at p1 I think that's only 4.5 K runs
even less because baal's exp is on 2x at p3

Whew! ~1K runs I can do, I wasn't sure about another 12K! And I'm doing the minions @/p8, Baal @ /p3. Still, at an average of 5 min./run, thats still a lot of time to invest!

Juicy Cheese has sent me his result (though please could you add the five numbers together for me next time)

Meph Runners:

Kecin
Darkoooo
Juicy Cheese
Mursilis
Holypade
Nacruno
Smips

Is the end of Thursday OK for the second list?

I was almost unable to access the forums during the last ~3 days. Have done only about 200 runs so far, but I should have much more time from now on, so hopefully I'll do at least 500 more. I have died once, but (with help of my corpse-retrieval-kit) got the corpse, so the EXP loss wasn't so bad. Damn dolls. Unless I am going to die several more times, level 98 should be reached easily within next 200-300 runs.

Good luck everybody and gg Kecin on being first.

[highlight]Go Go Alchemists![/highlight]

Edit: @Thyiad: You are correct about the wizardspike(it is Hel socketed), but the shield is Moser's (2x Pdiamond). The sorc has no points invested in dexterity, so those are drake's ring of perfection(28 mana, 20 dex) and chromatic amulet of precision(30 all res, 15 dex) - needed for equipping the Wizzy.

Last edited:

What's the ring and ammy Krovak? (I guess Wizardspike and Whitstan on the others.)

/nosey

Sent my first update to the supervisor, have had some distractions like birthdays and other silly stuff, and a friend of mine lured me into playing some b.net with him too, but it's not too bad sofar

I just got home from an extra long day at work. Going to run AT until I fall asleep at the keyboard or my wrist breaks... Will send an update to Mursilis before I head to bed tonight.

1st update sent, only just got my 5th qualifier, its slow going with a Barb!!!

Had very little time to run the past 2 days, actually, none at all yesterday and only about an hour tonight... I'll hope I'll be able to catch up tomorrow.

Anwyay, why I'm posting:

Doom Song
Gothic Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 57 to 215
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 48
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb6ba2f58
+331% Enhanced Damage
+236 to Attack Rating
+14 to Minimum Damage
+7 poison damage over 3 seconds
20% Increased Attack Speed

Found this just 15 minutes ago, so close, yet so far to go before it beats wf... (oh yes, I have a thing for bows)

Good night and good luck

As suspected, I'm in last place...Hopefully I'll be able to step it up...I can't do any runs now until I fix my PC, since my parents trashed it with spyware and malware. I can't even turn it on without it freezing. I backed up after sending my updates, so it won't be catastrophic if I have to format, but I don't see much more progress coming from me. If I don't get it fixed soon, I'll probably drop out =/.

Sorry no update yet. I havent had time to run much yet. Only 150 runs so far. Will send an update on wed or thurs

I'm still pretty far behind, but I finally hit 1050. 48 qualifiers so far, 6 of them grailers.

Thus far, there's been plenty of close but no cigars. Most annoying things thus far: a Hand of Broc (normally nice, but it's not a grailer and it's rarer than items I'd really like to have drop) and this:

Unearthed Wand of the Bat
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Durability: 28 of 36
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 64
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x830b4d87
5% Mana stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead

I'll be trying to send an update to Mursilis every day.

Jrlafrance sent me update so I can add him in list:

Baal cathegory:

1. Zaliqai
2. krovak
3. Callador
4. jrlafrance

Next update I would like to make probably on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning or so.

@krovak: Corpse retrieval kit, nice! That would have come handy to me few times during the journey ;)
I have managed to get the corpse every time so, but sometime it has taken quite long with merc doing most of the killing, while I hide behind the corner :whistling:

Good luck with reaching 98 and hopefully you don't die just before 98 (I know how painful that is...)

At the moment I have done about 470 Baal runs without much success in qualifiers... (non-qualifiers is another thing though)

Whew! ~1K runs I can do, I wasn't sure about another 12K! And I'm doing the minions @/p8, Baal @ /p3. Still, at an average of 5 min./run, thats still a lot of time to invest!

I played windowed mode last night, to try to get my times down some...loading times were much quicker, but I didn't find that my times improved much, maybe down to 4.5 mins/run. Any suggestions on quicker runs? Maybe a better map, it's 8-10 teleports per level. My merc gear is eth Fort., Andy's visage, and Kelpie Snare. I'm doing 12k hammer damage, at the fastest cast rate for Paladins. Played for ~3 hours, and only ~40 runs :banghead:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High