MFO Progress Thread

jjscud

Aug 18, 2004
MFO Progress Thread

Here's the Progress Thread. Feel free to to engage in friendly taunting and watch for updates from the supervisors.

Speaking of which, here we are:

bassano - Act 5 SU -
Mursilis - alvl 85 -
sequana - baal -
lionheartthebrave - Meph -

I don't have emails for now but I will get them soon.

One last minute note: Jewelry won't be added. I've been looking at the scoring and haven't found anything that I think works well.

Enjoy and have fun.

Start date: January 2, 2009
End date: January 11 2009

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient
Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused
Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs
and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves))
- teams (see end of post)

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I've already talked to bassano and Mursilis, sequana, and lionheartthebrave, I'll get the exact categories after I see who signs up where.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by January 12th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods RRM, RWM, CRM.

[highlight]A new note, since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.[/highlight]

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and
Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords
and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests
in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I know there was some discussion about changing this, It will not change, however I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 4 members in a team with a minimum of 2 members (no 1-man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- At least one member must participate in each of the Singles categories.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Re: MFO Progress Thread

*taunts all Meph runners*

My email is spflionhtb)at(googlemaild0tcom

I plan to give lists on the 5th and the 8th, if you want to have more let me know, feel free to send daily reports if you want

And please Remember your [highlight]Forum Name[/highlight]

Good Luck to everyone

EDIT: in the summer MFO I damaged my arm running pindle, remember it's only a game

Last edited:
So for those of you running the level 85 areas my email is mursilis_hattusa(at)yahoo(dot)com. Or you can simply send me a forum PM, whichever works best for you.

Currently I plan on updating at least three times, end of the upcoming weekend, middle of the week and beginning of the last weekend. May drop another one in on a weekday depending on how often I get updates from the runners.

Good luck to everyone. :guiness: Should be quite interesting...

My email address: kovarova (at) vscht (dot) cz

Or as there are not many baal runners you can also send updates in PMs.

I'll try post updates in similar frequency as other supervisors, first I will probably make on Sunday evening when I return home from mid-Finland, hopefully without delay.

Good luck all who have started running I'm giving you a bit of headstart since I will work for another 6 hours vefore I get home, and you are going to need the headstart I promise you.

When I get home I will running pits until the 8 januari nonstop

Good luck all who have started running I'm giving you a bit of headstart since I will work for another 6 hours vefore I get home, and you are going to need the headstart I promise you.

When I get home I will running pits until the 8 januari nonstop

Haha DX :D
It's on!

I am posting here to say I am out of the MFO. I will not be able to put in the time to make a good effort. Good Luck to everyone, I look forward to seeing the results. I am sorry to trim the Baal pool even further, but I am going to be lucky to have an hour a day next week.

I hope everyone had a good first day.
I got started a little late and I've been running a little over the last 2 hours or so, hence I need to get some sleep (4am here :rolleyes:)
Still I'm rather pleased with my 2 first mfo hours, no horrible dry spell between something at least slightly interesting drops, which is not like pindle :p

I've been toying with /p settings for pindle tonight, and I think I'll stick to /p 3, since it's barely noticeable on speed compared to /p 1, except the occational immune pindle with nasty aura/other mods.

Fun side note, on my last run I decided to try /p 8 just for fun, and in that run I more than double my so far score :D (not that it's that much of an achievement after 2 hours of running on day 1 :p)

Good night runners, good luck ;)

/zarfen

Finished day one of Meph with 10 qualifiers. Not a bad haul for one day, but there's room for much improvement :).

Good luck everyone! May all your drops be green and gold breast plates. ;)

After day one, I have a handful of items to show for it. AT just isn't giving up the goods for me tonight!

First day wasn't very bad for me either, both in qualifier and non qualifier department(nothing end top 5 worthy yet though).But in non qualifing department got 2 pleasants surprises.
Run nr n
Run nr n+1
Yep, they came in consequetive runs.:nod:

War Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 61 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 24
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xdec665b
+1 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+3 to Sanctuary (Paladin Only)
+1 to Zeal (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Storm Hood
Guardian Crown
Defense: 670
Durability: 83 of 83
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 186
Required Level: 65
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7bba3795
+3 to Energy
+19 to Life
+165% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Interesting.

I had a late start but i am planning to get the most out of the weekend. Nothing of worthy dropped yet but i feel meph will be generous for be this week.

First day wasn't very bad for me either, both in qualifier and non qualifier department(nothing end top 5 worthy yet though).But in non qualifing department got 2 pleasants surprises.
Run nr n
Run nr n+1
Yep, they came in consequetive runs.:nod:

Whoa! Nice!!! :D

Hi to all
I am back from new year party with 400 runs completed yesterday I just fond sanders paragon so now I am on grail -4 only with tyrael and cow set to go

I wish good luck to all will be hard week :)
and especially for alchemist team :D

for act5SU my mail is mario(dot)babunek(at)seznam(dot)cz

Quick question... the score sheets are complete and only items listed in the score sheets are eligible, correct?

Since my internet time the coming day(s) might not be that stable (hopefully I'll run some more though :D), I've sent my first udate to bassano.

Today didn't bring any items to top the highest from last night, but I did find some to boost my current score from down under, and I do at least have 5 items with a score tag on them.

GL to all runners, and pindle, I'll be back for more tomorrow :evil:

Did more runs today(about 3 hours worth) and found quite a few qualifiers. However, my score remains the same as it was yesterday =/. Won't run much tomorrow, but hopefully Monday will be a big day for me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High