MFO Progress Thread

Re: MFO Progress Thread

I played windowed mode last night, to try to get my times down some...loading times were much quicker, but I didn't find that my times improved much, maybe down to 4.5 mins/run. Any suggestions on quicker runs? Maybe a better map, it's 8-10 teleports per level. My merc gear is eth Fort., Andy's visage, and Kelpie Snare. I'm doing 12k hammer damage, at the fastest cast rate for Paladins. Played for ~3 hours, and only ~40 runs :banghead:

Got a smite switch for baal? Something with static or crushing blow (or both) will do much better then hammers, if you have one point in fanatisicm.

Do try to roll a better map. The best ones for lvl 2 are the L-shaped and the one where you see the entrance behind the wall from the WP, lvl 3 is pretty random. Shouldn't take long to improve really.

And keep doing windowed mode, it's the only way I play :D

Got a smite switch for baal? Something with static or crushing blow (or both) will do much better then hammers, if you have one point in fanatisicm.

Do try to roll a better map. The best ones for lvl 2 are the L-shaped and the one where you see the entrance behind the wall from the WP, lvl 3 is pretty random. Shouldn't take long to improve really.

Or switch to Chaos Sanctuary :badteeth:

Unfortunately I do not have any spare points, and none in Fanaticism. I don't have Stormlash (static field) either. I do have a point in Smite, and with +skills, it's at slvl22. The question is I've got HotO flail main weapon, and CtA Crystal Sword (eth) on switch...so, is either of those going to do more damage than 12k hammers?

My map from level 2-3 is an L-shaped, and 3-4 (Throne room) is a straight shot tele.

Jrla, hoto and cta are bad, you need some CB and/or Static Field. I used 'Black' Scourge (40% CB) before I got my 'Lash and it worked out pretty good. And it's dirt cheap so you can always try it :)

Jrla, hoto and cta are bad, you need some CB and/or Static Field. I used 'Black' Scourge (40% CB) before I got my 'Lash and it worked out pretty good. And it's dirt cheap so you can always try it :)

Yeah, I figured as much. Bummer part of it is that I need to lose 2-3 skillers, or switch gear from the cube.:scratchhead:

3000 AT runs finished update sent to mursiils
this MFO seems that I have very few luck
still I have no interesting items for final TOP5 :(

Holy expletive deleted batman! 3k runs in already?! I was looking at 3k as my top end for the whole week, if I was lucky. Mad props on your determination (and the steadfastness of your hands/wrists ;)).

Today was a much better day with couple nice qualifiers, but still I have to say that the best find was a non-qualifier :whistling:

My pace is still good and so far I'm on plus-side of the goal I set for myself - get at least 10 M exp each day. Even more positive thing is the fact that I haven't suffered any death's yet *knocks wood*
I hope the same thing to fellow Baal runners and to other runners too :thumbup:

Sent the update to sequana - will be eager see my new standing :)

Holy expletive deleted batman! 3k runs in already?! I was looking at 3k as my top end for the whole week, if I was lucky. Mad props on your determination (and the steadfastness of your hands/wrists ;)).

last year just after 2k runs I had 97+ points and did 3k total I had very lucky drops and this year is another story

Wow... I have about 850 runs in at this point. Granted, I haven't had nearly as much time to play as I thought I was going to have, but still... 3K!!! Wow! I sympathize with the bad luck though. ;)

I'll put in another 50 runs tonight, then send off an update to Mursilis.

EDIT: Nothing to report. About 75 runs, resulting in nothing that upgrades my current top 5. On the other hand, my socketed/socketable stash is getting very well stocked, I found another rainbow facet jewel (3/3 poison), a Lem and a Pul. For some reason I was surprised to see that Trang's armor is not one of the eligible items! I thought it was a higher TC than it is I guess.

Last edited:
last year just after 2k runs I had 97+ points and did 3k total I had very lucky drops and this year is another story

Plenty of time left for the absurdly rare drops to fall. :wink:

It's been a weird MFO so far. I've seen six TC 3s so far, 3 Lenymos, Gull, Torch of Iro and now a Pluckeye. Very strange. While I haven't checked ATMA, I'd wager some of those are rarer than the high end items I'm shooting for :rolleyes:

I plan on updating the Level 85 area group in about 24 hours. So fair warning for those that haven't sent me anything yet, :nono: as well as those who want to see where they rank to get me their drops beforehand.

I'm confused....why is Kira's Guardian on the Baal list, but not on the Meph list? ATMA lists it under the Unique: Exceptional list for both monsters...

Should it be added to Meph? Or eliminated from Baal?

Update sent to Mursilis via PM. Only 250 runs done thus far. Nothing exciting.

@xxnothing: Trang's armor isn't a qualifier because it's an exceptional item, not an elite. ;) Congrats on the Pul, though. My highest rune so far is a Ko.

@bassano: It's probably just a drought and then in the last 50 runs you'll find a Tyrael's. ;p

One word of warning to the other alvl85 runners: I've found two of these so far

Code:
[b]Storm Lash[/b]
Heavy Belt
Defense: 6
Durability: 15 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 41
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xdbf72aef
+7 to Life
+25 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +27%
Poison Resist +11%
Replenish Life +8
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

and the other one's not a heavy belt. ;) ...It's a war belt. :rolleyes:

Need to get in another 100 runs to keep my average at >250 runs per day, so I'm about to get to that. Finally found an item that I'm almost certain will be taken from me if I don't win, so that'll provide some motivation. I'll send an update before I head to bed.

Aaahh, thanks Maareek! That explains it. I was thinking since I'll find ten IK Crushers for every one Trang's armor... ;)

But yeah, the Pul was a nice find. My runes so far from this MFO (only runes from AT) included that Pul, Lem, Fal, Ko, Hel x4, Dol x5, Shael x3, Sol x6 and the usual glut of runes below that. I'm hoping for a Lo, or another Ohm to go with my WSK Ohm. :thumbup:

Well, tonight after work I should be able to devote a solid 3-4 hours to running AT. Best of luck to all, but especially myself! ;)

Lvl 85 Areas update sent to Mursilis.

3K runs?!?! Mad props!

I am barely over 1K, without any improvements so far. Maybe today's session will be better.

@Corrupted:
Can you share the Act3 merc equipment? I am pwning CS with my EnigmaZerker lately (seal bosses+hork and Diablo), but the bloody merc dies on me every couple of runs :( Could be the level though, I am barely 82 iirc. He uses Kiras, Guardian Angel, Stormshield and Lawbringer.

Lvl 85 Areas update sent to Mursilis.

Ditto.

Considering the amount of runs I've done (<400), I'm very pleased with my finds. I'm getting increasingly worried about the part where the winners claim their prizes, though. :nervous:

3K runs?!?! Mad props!

I am barely over 1K, without any improvements so far. Maybe today's session will be better.

@Corrupted:
Can you share the Act3 merc equipment? I am pwning CS with my EnigmaZerker lately (seal bosses+hork and Diablo), but the bloody merc dies on me every couple of runs :( Could be the level though, I am barely 82 iirc. He uses Kiras, Guardian Angel, Stormshield and Lawbringer.

I'm using the same with a few extra ral sockets. Generally, he dies a lot if you don't pay attention to him. But once you do, the only thing that's gonna kill him Diablo when he's cursed. If you watch the video you can see how I try to position him so I'm the one tanking, always teleporting somewhat close to my target then moving a few steps forward. Against Diablo you'll see that I teleport whenever he throws his firestorm because that fries the merc instantly.
I want to try a telezerker for p1 runs as well, but CS is not really that ideal since seal bosses and Diablo don't count towards the MFO :)

As for my results, I might send an update later tonight. After ~1k p7 pit runs and ~1,1k p1 AT runs my results are extraordinarily poor.

I have just all updates what I expected

so for now

San - sure dominator of pindle category for now :D
Sequana
RIP
Zarfen
Buraz

under san is very close community :)

edit: added buraz whitch sent me report now

Last edited:
PurePremium