MFO - a proposal for one rule change / general inquiry about timetable etc.

Grape1

Mar 24, 2007
Hey!

I brought MFO up couple weeks ago in the D2 Lounge, but to make sure everyone sees this, I thought it would be better to make an own thread.

It seems I will be hosting this until someone wants to take the honor. So, I'm now proposing one rule change: no more prizes, aka. no claiming items from other players.

Why? Trade pool seems to be pretty much divided by 1.13/1.14 (+most people don't trade anyway). This means we wouldn't need to link our trader profiles anymore and imo that could lower the threshold for joining. Secondly, hardly anyone have been claiming anything anyway during the last years.

What do you think?

Then the second thing, what time frame would be the best for you? There's always someone who can't play a lot / at all at any given time, but maybe we can find out the best possible time. I was thinking about the November 3rd - 12th.

Also, anything coming mind about the MFO, tell us!
For those who don't know what is MFO, check the last year's thread for an example.

View attachment 6185

I'm fine with both the rule change and proposed time frame. Nobody claims item anymore anyways, and no matter when it runs I'll do what I can to get some time to play. :)

MFO HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at that picture !!!

Yes to the rule change, and also yes to the time frame. Although a time frame that includes two Mondays would even be better, as that is my day off from work ;). Other times frames than the one suggested should also work for me btw.

Haha, picture is from MFO 2015, posted by @Zylo .

I think I'll keep the time frame from Fri to Sun until more people wish double mondays :D

Yes AT is allowed! Part of the alvl85 category, where most people have ran Pits or AT :)

I'll be travelling until the 4th, but plan on abusing the Pit with my poisonmancer when I return.

I understand you want some trophiez ;)

I still would like to make it as easy as possible to participate, we need every player available!

Maybe winners can still claim something, but it's voluntary to give anything away. I'm sure there's people who are ready to still give the winners something, even we left this out as a compulsory thing.

Maybe winners can still claim something, but it's voluntary to give anything away. I'm sure there's people who are ready to still give the winners something, even we left this out as a compulsory thing.

Agreed. My offer from the previous thread still stands, I'd be willing to part with *almost* any s/u, so if people want to claim something I'm more than confident something can be arranged.

Cool! I can do the same.

Though I think it would be more the trophy aspect people want instead of "stealing" anything actually great. Then it needs to be from a player one actually beat :p

Well, considering the amount of playing time I have right now I don't think it will be too tough to beat me ;)

Aye, I can see your point. Though I'm not worried playing against people who are most likely just lazy to do a trade profile which they won't need because they don't actually trade, heh. But in a way it's been good to put newcomers do that profile for MFO to self-check themselves that they are on the right track considering FAM etc.

Let's hear some more opinions. I think either way this turns out, it's not the biggest deal :)

Looting has always been a part of MFOs, but I can't remember anyone took a serious item from someone. Maybe some people want trophies, I'm fine with that. In the extremely unlikely event I won, I wouldn't request anything anyway. One option I have seen is that you can protect one item.

Dates are fine for me.

In. My last MFO was in April 2012 so looking forward to it. Grinding AT for gear now. Need Reapers for running Trav for that Jah.

Not sure if I can make it, but I am OK with the rule change. It would still be a good idea in my opinion to declare the mods you're using, just for the sake of being a good sport.

Yeah, getting rid of claiming items seems fine, especially given the current discussions going on regarding potential divisions in the forum. Sure, there's always been the option of claiming items, but almost no one does it and it's more about the rush of finding items and the excitement from competition anyways.

Dates? Whatever's fine. Hopefully I can motivate myself to grind my lvl 77 Untwinked Barb to a point where he has a weapon that makes gameplay not painful, otherwise I'll probably just plow through Pindle with the Blizz sorc. Fun.

Also, @Grape new forum MVP.

Took the Pitzerker out of retirement for some practice. Let's just say there is plenty to practice at the moment ;). Getting used to the frantic playstyle of this build isn't the easiest thing. Nothing to show for his efforts just yet, but at least I got him to level 79 now. I'd still want to get him some 10 levels before the MFO, but that shouldn't be too hard in the Pits. I did put the player setting on /p3 to speed up the leveling process a bit.

In. My last MFO was in April 2012 so looking forward to it. Grinding AT for gear now. Need Reapers for running Trav for that Jah.
That was a good MFO! The pre-D3 MFO, right? My first :D

ON second thought, as usual, I don't know if I'll have much time in that time frame but tbh I'm just much busier now than in the past and will be in the near future

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High