MFO - a proposal for one rule change / general inquiry about timetable etc.

I actually agree with that. 20 hours often is as much as I can spare in 10 days, and even then I have to press for it.

Ok, no problem for me of course :). I just feel I'll have incredible luck anyway ;).

I had thought this had been rehashed last time and it came to a consensus that that's great for other tourneys, but as the MFO is something special, let it stay special.

I like that idea. That is, that MFO is special, what with unlimited run time (within timeframe), looting from others, etc. Otherwise, it's just another mf tourney, not really anything special.

@zemaj I should have been more clear in my comment regarding the run times - I meant that in a general sense in regards to tournaments that I prefer the 20-hour run time, not specifically a suggestion to change the MFO format.

I also like the 20h run time system very much, that we have in most of the rune finding etc. tournaments

But yea, let's keep the MFO as the last dinosaur and enjoy the epic haul pics if someone happens to have lots of free time in their hands :p

And because Tyrael's exists, it's still possible to "steal" the win by lucking out that one and fill the rest of the top5 with mediocre drops. And Baal category has proven to be really luck dependent in the past, so if winning matters to someone with not lots of time to run, go try your luck at Baal, heh.

Out a few months and totally not in the picture - when does the MFO go down!?

As someone who would struggle to even finish one 20h set at the moment, I obviously won't be competing as hard as I'd like to if no such time limit is in place. But I don't mind and I'm surely in anyway!

EDIT: Got it, beginning of November. Was looking for the sign-up thread already. :)

Last edited:
I've amended the SPF rules as follows:

"What you do on your own computer is up to you but:
-
Don't post about/ask for editors, trainers, duping, drop mods, CD keys, game files on this forum. This includes PlugY, and illegitimate Annihilus Charms and Torches - please don't discuss them, and keep in mind that using them will disqualify you from participating in tournaments such as Magic Find Olympics or Rune Finding Olympics."

@Noodle great, that's very clear :)

All: I'll try to put up the thread tomorrow, but if I don't have the time it will be early next week. Will be nice to have it up and running sooner than later, so that as many as possible sees it.

I think I'll keep the looting system about the same as it has been then, since there were comments about keeping it. It's all good, I'm sure!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High