Mafia game thread

I'm sorry guys, I'm not very involved in this game at all, but if this will help I'm more than happy to contribute.

I don't know if copypasting the PM is allowed, and the squid is hitting me hard, so I'll paraphrase. I am Beth Halpern, gentle and caring, but my conflicts with the male members of the team has made emotionally distant. I have no special abilities other than my gentleness.

I was very confused by the "other than my gentleness" part, which was specifically mentioned in the PM.

Seems a little like a dodge pcm, it states in the rules,*does no one read them?* that you can post our PM

Okay, so Cal posted a lot of words. I figure I might give a TL:DR version for convenience.

Original role claims mean jack all this game. Too easy to lie about. Instead, lynch people based on their actions in thread. Lynch people trying to stifle discussion.

Vote: flubbucket

Okay, so Cal posted a lot of words. I figure I might give a TL:DR version for convenience.

Original role claims mean jack all this game. Too easy to lie about. Instead, lynch people based on their actions in thread. Lynch people trying to stifle discussion.

Finally someone agrees. I'm not sold on flub just yet, but lets see what happens.

I can definitely see myself getting behind this idea. trying to stifle discussion on relevant topics is never good for the town.

But I still think pharph is scum and would rather lynch him.

Yes, dominated.

No one should ever be trusted. Unless you are mafia. Even then, you could have spies.

Now this sounds to me like you are breadcrumbing a Traitor/Spy. Strange that no one commented on your statement. Why is the "spies" in particular in italics?

You always knew you would be the first to unlock the sphere’s secrets. You’re by far the smartest guy in the group. Norman is only here to analyse us smarter people. Beth thinks muscle is power; she won’t know how to handle real power. Ted is just a small child, too naïve. Nonetheless this power could make any of them rival me as long as we can’t control it. They have to be stopped; this power can never leave this place.

I do not like the wording of your ability at all. Does this sound like a Town ability to anyone?

I've only managed to read until post #383 but I have to go, thus I'll post this now.

I'm almost sure that mafia hold just 1 of each character. Simply because there are 6 Normans and 4 Harrys right now.

Vote: Sathoris

How in the world can you be "almost sure" of anything, unless you have knowledge the rest do not possess? Also, this is also the second time that you "joke" vote in two days. Why?

?its unlikely but i think that it is worth a shot.

Incredible. You are actually being serious here. I can see ThunderCat amusing himself twice in two days but you are actually trying to lynch the Host? This seems to be a very obvious distraction on your part to derail any conversation or actual voting.

You should have been lynched yesterday and it is not out of the question to lynch you today.

Precisely.

Okay, that's enough for me to continue. I'd still like to hear Val's claim, but it's no longer vital.

Assumption #3: Characters are balanced. 20 players, four roles, means five players sharing a role. 21st player is odd man out, give him anyone random, meaning there's a sixth for one role.

Tying in Assumption #3 with Assumption #2: If I were mafia with the information revealed at the end of Day 1, I'd have one or two scum fake claim. If assumption #2 is correct, then they all have access to the proper, original role PM, so trying to catch them via trick words or what have you is not going to work.

For example, if the Scum Harry claimed a Norman, and the Norman scum got lynched, it's likely that the town may just stop looking at Normans for more scum. Eventually they'll go through all the Harrys, find no scum there, and wonder if perhaps assumption #2 is wrong, or if scum Harry is hiding amongst Beths, Normans, or Teds? That's the kind of gambit I would try to run as a mafia, and I can name a quite a few people in the thread that would likely come up with a similar idea.

So, to hammer this in...

Both franklin and Flubbucket are pressing the idea that "one scum from each role". To me, this looks like they're setting up the groundwork for the above described gambit. I find that highly suspect. Anyone suggesting that we don't talk about a subject instantly gets my attention, and Flubbucket is suggesting that we simply accept assumption #2 as fact and stop talking about it.

Excellent post. One that is a very plausable explaination and also one that makes me see that focusing on solely one or two characters may not the way to go. Other people made good reasons why this should not be done but that hammers it, really.

I can see myself voting flubbucket for this.

@goryani:I watched the movie. I read his post. I put two and two together.

@solar: not bread crumbing spy. Even if I was, you just outed yourself for being either a mason or a Mafia. who else would be worried about a spy. If I am a Mafia spy, that's good for the town., right?

Vote: Solar Ice

Precisely.

Okay, that's enough for me to continue. I'd still like to hear Val's claim, but it's no longer vital.

Assumption #3: Characters are balanced. 20 players, four roles, means five players sharing a role. 21st player is odd man out, give him anyone random, meaning there's a sixth for one role.

Tying in Assumption #3 with Assumption #2: If I were mafia with the information revealed at the end of Day 1, I'd have one or two scum fake claim. If assumption #2 is correct, then they all have access to the proper, original role PM, so trying to catch them via trick words or what have you is not going to work.

For example, if the Scum Harry claimed a Norman, and the Norman scum got lynched, it's likely that the town may just stop looking at Normans for more scum. Eventually they'll go through all the Harrys, find no scum there, and wonder if perhaps assumption #2 is wrong, or if scum Harry is hiding amongst Beths, Normans, or Teds? That's the kind of gambit I would try to run as a mafia, and I can name a quite a few people in the thread that would likely come up with a similar idea.

So, to hammer this in...

Both franklin and Flubbucket are pressing the idea that "one scum from each role". To me, this looks like they're setting up the groundwork for the above described gambit. I find that highly suspect. Anyone suggesting that we don't talk about a subject instantly gets my attention, and Flubbucket is suggesting that we simply accept assumption #2 as fact and stop talking about it.

I still believe that there could be only one mafia per one character. What I did not think about was mafia lying about which character they are, which could create a natural imbalance and not allow us to easily knock Harrys off the list when we find the scum. That is a great point. Either way, I did not stifle any discussion at all.

So you are saying we have taken a large element of the game out by doing this early mass claim. And, if Pharphis's role was only a one night thing, we cant fall back on investigation results of a proven cop or of other stuff of the sort. Anyone will be able to claim they did anything one night and not the next, and there would be no way of knowing what the truth would be. So three of the most usual ways of finding scum this game is going to be very tough if not impossible, so we will proceed to lynch the people that play scummy.

@solar: not bread crumbing spy. Even if I was, you just outed yourself for being either a mason or a Mafia. who else would be worried about a spy. If I am a Mafia spy, that's good for the town., right?

If you are a mafia spy, it would be good for the town to lynch you.

If you are a Traitor/Spy, you need to be lynched before you are converted.

Updated vote count as of post #433

Malevolent - 1 (Zokar)
Pharphis - 1 (Kestegs)
Kestegs - 1 (Pharphis)
Flubbucket - 1 (Caluin Graye)
Coju - 1 (Solar Ice)
Solar Ice - 1 (Coju)

Okay, that seals it for me.

unvote: pharphis
Vote: cujo

?its unlikely but i think that it is worth a shot.

Updated vote count as of post #433

Malevolent - 1 (Zokar)
Pharphis - 1 (Kestegs)
Kestegs - 1 (Pharphis)
Flubbucket - 1 (Caluin Graye)
Coju - 1 (Solar Ice)
Solar Ice - 1 (Coju)

I'm not sold (not even remotely) that it's a useful vote, but did Sathoris miss that vote or is this a hint that the vote is not a valid vote?

I don't even see how you are remotely entertaining the idea that is COULD be valid. Seems like more mis-direction to me. It should be painfully obvious that it's not legit. Anyone aiming for misdirection at this point it raising a ton of flags for me, as it can be getting close to a no vote and mis direction only works in their favour.

I'm not sold (not even remotely) that it's a useful vote, but did Sathoris miss that vote or is this a hint that the vote is not a valid vote?

I'm pretty sure he saw the vote. More reason not to buy into this ridiculous theory.

I'm pretty sure he saw the vote. More reason not to buy into this ridiculous theory.

I would agree except that yesterday he did miss a vote. But I agree that this is a far fetched theory. Still, doesn't hurt to verify...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High