Jocular's WW/Trap Assassin PVM Guide 1.0

Don't worry about me. I love running Chaos, Nilh, wsk and Throne. I've been doing it on hc for 16 years, It isn't hard, it just takes time. Keep in mind those minutes I spend in there isn't a chore, it's a lot of fun. Now if I was to tele to the same spot over and over just to kill one monster... I'd lose my mind and quit.

As for the boots, I've started an experiment to see which set works best. Gore gives me 70 cb and gt give me 90 cb. After 10 runs with each I'll see which is best, but so far the slow run speed or the gt is a problem. My individual kills are faster with the gt, but they are not safe while in the fray and cause me run back a screen or two, but even then I can't out run the monsters. Also, without the ability to juke monsters due to the slow run speed, I'm greatly slowed down.

Question: can you repeatedly clear chaos, Nilh, wsks and Throne on /players 8 with a low level hc barb using junk gear? Is it too hard for you and that's why you farm elite gear early in and then just tele to Nilh on the same map over and over - howl and kill him? I haven't looked but I'm getting the impression what you do. Honestly, if it is, you're a way better player than me cause I could never be so repetitive in short games like that. I can't even do more than 5 pit runs in a row. I tried doing 100 LKs today, but I could only do 20. zzzzzzz
I like to be in each game for at least 30 minutes killin' monsters and identifying all the junk that drops, especially all the blues.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure chatting with you, if you have any more tips that I could use as a hc player, by all means please share.
Well, i am that kind of a player who does everything he can in the most efficient way possible. Yes, i do a lot of runs on the same map with the same setup killing the same mobs over and over again. It isn't weird to me that you can't do that, cause you've been playing bnet for 16 years and you got used to that kind of playing where you clear the whole game before making the next one. We don't play like this in signle player though. It isn't hard, it just isn't what i do and what my objectives are. Also, you said it isn't hard and then asked me if it's too hard for me. I don't get that XD

Feel free to join our untwinked 99ers thread. Nice to see some HC chars there. I think we can end this conversation here, cause it became a little bit off topic and continue it in 99ers thread if you are interested.

Also, you said it isn't hard and then asked me if it's too hard for me. I don't get that
You said something about Chaos causing you problems with your mental health. I assumed it was because it's too hard for you and so on hc i'd think you'd lose you mind after a death. I'm no where near as good as you softcore players spamming the same thing over and over, but I'll check it out if only to listen and ask so questions when they seem fit.

I honestly believe you folks here will make me a better ladder player when I go back after Blizzard moves the game to the desktop launcher. I'm hoping for at least 1 half season when it happens so I can squash all the hc jsp barb players with my self found junk gear barb. I've learn more in 2 days here than I did on jsp for 3 months.

You said something about Chaos causing you problems with your mental health. I assumed it was because it's too hard for you and so on hc i'd think you'd lose you mind after a death. I'm no where near as good as you softcore players spamming the same thing over and over, but I'll check it out if only to listen and ask so questions when they seem fit.

I honestly believe you folks here will make me a better ladder player when I go back after Blizzard moves the game to the desktop launcher. I'm hoping for at least 1 half season when it happens so I can squash all the hc jsp barb players with my self found junk gear barb. I've learn more in 2 days here than I did on jsp for 3 months.
Not chaos, but your way of playing specifically would give me headaches, because i know there is a much better and faster way of getting experience and i wouldn't exclude enigma from my to do list if i were you. I gave you some advice where to search for optimal strategy and farming areas if you want to lvl up. That's all from me, cya.

Not chaos, but your way of playing specifically would give me headaches, because i know there is a much better and faster way of getting experience and i wouldn't exclude enigma from my to do list if i were you. I gave you some advice where to search for optimal strategy and farming areas if you want to lvl up. That's all from me, cya.
I'm getting more experience in a 15 minute /players 8 Chaos run at clvl 91 than others get else where in the same time frame with the same clvl. We're talking 12 Chaos runs to go from 91 to 92. That's 3 hours. 92 - 93 is 5 hours, 93 - 94 is 12 hours. I'll be past the 2 clvl 95 hc barbs in no time.. I looked at your character's death toll, too, yeah, no thanks, I'll do it my way, after all, dying isn't an option for me. It's also taken you almost 4 years to get to where you are, legit 99s on the sc ladder start turning up in 3 months, hc 4 months. So while I appreciate your kind suggestions, I really don't see anything helpful at this time.

On a lighter and more positive note this thread has taught me how to increase my ww damage by about 15% and I didn't have to change out a single item to do it, and for that I'm very grateful.

On a lighter and more positive note this thread has taught me how to increase my ww damage by about 15% and I didn't have to change out a single item to do it, and for that I'm very grateful.

Nice. From this point forward, however, I politely request that you relocate any discussion regarding your untwinked 99er barb to a more relevant thread as this guide has been all but commandeered by it (which is not entirely your fault, to be fair). I also recommend (though I'm not a mod, just a bystander) that you try re-reading your comments and possibly changing your tone and how you engage with the community here. We all get along fine despite often having wide disagreements over what is truly 'best' in terms of equipment/strategy. In my opinion your writing style comes off a bit combative/overly confident which doesn't lead to cordial conversation. Just a thought.

@Jocular Nice guide, thanks for sharing! A WWsin sounds like a blast, its definitely on my to-do list....I need to make a Chaos for the RW grail eventually anyway, just waiting for the right base (and to have the time, lol)

Fury is a really great claw RW for PvP, due to its good damage, huge bonuses to CtH, and OW...but PvP is a very specialized arena, for PvM there are many options that are better...

WoRG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High