I am so hyped to finally time travel

@Fruit wow dude! amazing work!

The one last big question I have about 1.07 and I am not completely sure what the answers are, relate to item finding/magic finding and it's workings on 1.07.

Now the absolute two main reasons I have been trying to play 07 for so long, is to bring forward a 1.07 Valor and Shako. The nostalgia of using these items(back then we called them .08, whether they were from 07 or 08) on my Hydra/Thunderstorm Sorceress that was an amazing dueler before the hacks REALLY took over UsWest(and all other patches ). But I am talking she absolutely wrecked up until white rings and hex charms became available to a lot of people (white rings, had 90 to fire/cold/lit absorb, 100% IAS and probably forgetting some mods, so people would slap two on and made all elemental charms obsolete. Hex Small Charms gave 90 to Strength/90 Dex/90 Vita and there was also a version that gave 90 to Energy instead of Vita). These 2 particular items made it so Bowzons and WW Barbs were really the only characters left in BM or public duels. Before them, I could plant hydras around my and stand there waiting for a loaded Barb to come, thinking he will tank me easy and one shot me, and he would drop before he could even touch me, because I had the Hydras up so high and a high TS to boot. People weren't used to them, it was a rare build. I really should make one again for the fun of playing my favorite char ever again. There were many other dupes and bugs, but those 2 made the game a joke until the ruststorm came lol.

I have read guides and what not, but I want to be for sure and I am not 100% sure on treasure class things exactly.

Question #1) Can I Find Valor+Shako From any bosses, Mephisto/Diablo/Baal? To me it looks like that they are capped out at a certain TC and cannot drop a Unique Balorg Skin or Unique Shako. But I don't fully understand it.

Question #2) Can I find unique Balrog Skin/Shako by running monsters in act 3,4 or5? Like could I get lucky and find a Valor or Shako by killing monsters or boss packs in Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Keep Levels, Baal's packs, COWS or other of the higher level areas in the game?? Can I luck out there and get those two uniques and possibly other desirable items??

Question #3) I know that rack running is the best chance for finding Unique/Set Balrog Armors, Shakos, Grandfather Swords, Winged Helms, etc, but what is the next best ways if one doesn't want to run racks? Is that the only way? I guess this kind of ties into my first 2 questions. But is there any way of running bosses or running general areas, like the Secret Cow Level, to get my Valor and Shako and some of the other uniques like Wiz Spike, Valkry Winged Helm, Vamp Gaze, Skullder's.

I also want to get max damage charms and magic items with a really good premod and postmod and Larzuk it for awesome 4 socketed Shield/Armors 3,Socketed Helms or very high socketed weapons. But I think I understand I just need to luck out on finding the charms and the things to get socketed, I just need to get lucky and find it in the wild or shop them from people like Larzuk himself or Anya.

Thanks buddies! :D

@Jamie

1) All act bosses are capped at TC39, iirc and are certainly capped at their NM drop levels. So run Andy/Meph for Ravenclaw. Rack the rest of the S/Us.

2) & 3) Everyone does the boring rack running because you can spend the rest of your life running mobs for Valor and Crest and never get them.

4) Cows, Nihli's Temple, and A5 area clearing are probably your best bets for charm farming. Rack your bases for runewords.

And finally, if you actually like playing 1.07, post your mats/pats! I didn't finish mine 1.07 Sept back in 2008-2010, but there is definately some fun to be had crushing the game after you have built up enough wealth and leveled a character who can craft ridiculous gear.

I would rather get this info into the existing 1.07 News Info & Gosssip thread. We seem to have started a parallel thread now.

I would rather get this info into the existing 1.07 News Info & Gosssip thread. We seem to have started a parallel thread now.

Intended to share my play through of the game and then ended up having a billion questions and some were hard for me to find and I always find it easier to get an answer to something when you can shape the question exactly how you want. I didn't realize how quickly the game was going to stale out and make it not very fun to follow or play a 1.07 walkthrough. I tried playing how I always do in newer patches, where I like to take my time and upgrade gear and level up in areas and get the most out of it. It eventually turned into just teleport and get the damn thing over with.

I started playing in 1.09 and even that patch was so much ahead of 1.07. Compared to where the game is now, it is amazing how much they went through improving everything through the years. I kicked and screamed when 1.09 switched to 1.10. Thought synergies took away the ability to vary your chars(dual or tri element sorces) and they just made the monsters harder and added synergies to make it seem like they were fun. But I'm not a kid in school anymore lol. The game is certainly now at its peak.

"It eventually turned into just teleport and get the damn thing over with."

1.07 in a nutshell

It made me want to run LK on my 1.14 sorc and finish up the runes to get my Enigma and maybe a CoH or Infinity lol. But the desire to have an 07 or 08 Shako and Valor will eventually get me to burn myself out trying to get it. The max damage charms would be nice too, it seems almost cheap how much extra damage you could add on your melee chars by using an inventory of 07 charms. Like I feel more guilty doing that than the valor or shako, even those those are really good, it's more for the nostalgia of my 09 hydra/ts sorc on b.net that used those two.

Bug mpk rings would be cool for twinkling and for certain builds too though. I haven't researched into how much the 07 ethereal bases actually add to damage when you move them up. So I don't know how imba that is.

The max damage charms would be nice too, it seems almost cheap how much extra damage you could add

Uh, don't feel bad. You work hard for those in 1.07.

Bug mpk rings would be cool for twinkling and for certain builds too though.

These are pretty haxx0r. If you are going to feel bad about something, exploiting this bug in the 1.07 code should be near the top.

I haven't researched into how much the 07 ethereal bases actually add to damage when you move them up. So I don't know how imba that is.

+50%. Here are some mediocre rolls in non-superior bases. eth GPA, Thresher, or CV all make for ferocious Insight (not to mention Obedience & BotD)

Death
Colossus Sword
'HelElVexOrtGul'
One-Hand Damage: 179 to 534
Two-Hand Damage: 417 to 921

Required Dexterity: 66
Required Strength: 136
Required Level: 60
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x72ceb5d8
+359% Enhanced Damage
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 76 to 444
Two-Hand Damage: 284 to 702

Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 53
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x55f6b2c7
+247% Enhanced Damage
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High