I am so hyped to finally time travel

@DiabloTwoinDC ok cool, thank you. So as far as I understand, I can go into ATMA with them equipped, just make sure to keep the mouse cursor away from runewords and only wear them or store them in stash via the game itself

I'd avoid them all together within ATMA. However, I am able to hover (even though it doesn't show full stats). Crashes if I try to move within ATMA. Especially for those 2 you mentioned, just make+wear them and then toss them away once you get something better. ;)

But, yea - you can do anything to them in-game without any problems.
View attachment 12339

I found Iratha's Amulet and Sigon's Gloves towards the end of act 3. I REALLY hope I can find some more of Iratha's because I know the set bonuses can be very good from using Iratha's when I used to play Classic D2.

I don't believe there are set bonuses in 1.07 but would need someone with more 1.07 experience to confirm

I tested this in 1.14d as well. 1.07 Expansion set items can complete a 1.14 set.
  • You gain all the partial/full set bonuses (gold text to the right on Arreat Summit)
  • You do NOT get the item specific partial bonus (green text beneath item)
  • You still get all partial/full bonuses from 1.14 items when completing set with 1.07 item

I found a Milebrega's Shield and Crown and the set bonuses work. The crown adds 40% Cold Resist, the Shield adds 50 to life and the 2x bonus of 75 to attack rating in gold text beneath both items. It also worked with Sigon's Armor and Belt, although I don't use those. I got to act 5 and hired an act 5 merc, as I have heard they are the best in this patch. I did a Hit Power Craft (ort,jewel,any sapphire,weapon) on a Flamberge. Here is the sword and his gear:

*Bitter Impaler Flamberge
28-56 Damage
5% to cast level 8 Frost Nova when struck
4% Life Steal
116% Enhanced Damage
38 to Attack Rating
Attacker takes damage of 10

*Sigon's Armor

*Bone Casque Circlet
27 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Adds 13-28 Poison Damage over 4 seconds
16% Lightning Resist
3 to Minimum Damage

I use:

*Milebrega's Crown
*Wyrm's Glowing Orb
+2 Glacial Spike
+1 Nova
+57 Mana
+13 Life

*Milebrega's Shield
*"Bramble" Breast Plate
97 Defense
Fast Run/Walk
47% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 15%
33% Lightning Resist
33% Fire Resist

*+29 Mana Amulet
*25% Magic Find Light Gauntlets
*23% Magic Find/9 to Maximum Stamina Chain Boots
*15% Magic Find/+2 Light Radius Ring
*13% Magic Find/+1 Strength Ring
*Sigon's Belt

14% Cold Resist Grand Charm
9 to Life Grand Charm
8 to Life Large Charm
5 to Dexterity Large Charm
7% Poison Resist/5 to Life Small Charm
4% Lightning Resist/1 to Strength
4% Cold Resist Small Charm
1 to Defense/7% Gold Find Small Charm

I am level 27 with:

290 to Life
212 to Mana
12% to block (lol)

70 Strength
45 Dexterity
52 Vitality
47 Energy
8 Unused Stat Points

^^With Gear^^

10 to Static
6 to Teleport
7 to Warmth
3 to Glacial Spike (my orb gives +2)
And 1 to all the prerequisites for Frozen Orb
I use Glacial Spike and Blizzard from far away, if I get into the mess I use static and the Merc does most of the slaying. That is all I have for this morning. I will be getting back at it now!

I made it to Nightmare. Ancients took like 5 seconds, I was shocked. That pushed me to 30, allowing me to get Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery. It took me a second to get used to shooting the FOs since it seems to act a little different in 1.07 and I haven't really used Frozen Orb since 1.09 was active on battle.net. Frozen Orb at level 2 is ripping through people. The static then FO is clearly going to leave me with very little issues, especially considering that is breaks cold immunes!

I have basically the same gear as listed above. I did find a magic circlet with +15 all resists and one with 80 to life! I have the 80 lifer in my in-game stash and used on my merc for Baal.

Now I have to decide if I want to run Baal, cows or move on in Nightmare Act 1. I haven't tried cows yet in 1.07, but I know they were the place to level in 1.09.

NM cows are great for charms and socketables in 1.07, Normal are decent for leveling with FO.

In 1.07 can you kill the Cow King and still make the Cow Level? Or will killing the King close off the portal? I can't find the answer to it for some reason, but I remember reading that in a certain patch you can kill the Cow King over and over again, it may have been before expansion though.

Just push on. Running act bosses is going to require stacked mf to be worthwhile, and likely not in normal anyway.

Only 1.00 and 1.01 allows for repeated cow king single player cow king kills.

Just push on. Running act bosses is going to require stacked mf to be worthwhile, and likely not in normal anyway.

Only 1.00 and 1.01 allows for repeated cow king single player cow king kills.

I have stopped to do some NM Andy runs for a minute. Have got things like Sander's Gloves/Boots, Tancred Amulet, that unique war sword.. nothing too great. Best find is the shield. I noticed high amounts of life and mana frequently spawn on things like amulets and circlets, at least for me. It has allowed me to have a pretty good life and mana pool when I want. I also noticed class specific items seem to drop like crazy.

Right now I am really hoping for a Hel Rune, Vipermagi, Pcrown, Spectral Shard... some upgrades in gear would be nice. I will probably move on soon.

When you say drop like crazy, do you refer to magic and rare sorceress orbs? I don't think white ones exist in 1.07, just like circlets.

Class items require less mf than non class items in order to upgrade their quality.

When you say drop like crazy, do you refer to magic and rare sorceress orbs? I don't think white ones exist in 1.07, just like circlets.

Class items require less mf than non class items in order to upgrade their quality.

Magic or White/Plain Paladin Shields, Druid Pelts and Barb Helms seem to be the most popular by far. I wish more Sorceress Orbs were dropping lol. It just seems like those three drop item types drop like crazy.

I just found a 4 socketed Gothic Plate and am extremely excited about that. I'm not sure if I will sapphire, skull, topaz or a combo of them. Jewels are almost non existent and the ones that have dropped have been absolutely terrible. Whenever I get an Ort Rune and Jewel, I attempt a craft weapon for my merc. I found the gothic plate underneath the palace in act 2. I am in Arcane Sanctuary right now, so after running/teleporting down all 4 paths, I should be headed towards Durial.

I did NM Meph until I hit level 37, took awhile. Not much to really update other than I have 2 PDiamond in a Large Shield now to make the runs easier and am waiting for the 3rd (unless I go a different resist). Merc gets instantly owned by Mephisto every time lol. Only found a couple uniques over a long stretch of runs, although every drop is Rare outside of those few uniques. Unique Plated Belt sure was bad back then as I found it when I dinged to level 37. Guess I should move on now.

I mainly posted because I wanted to ask if there was a way to change the window mode of 1.07. It is a small window, with no option to enlarge it like on newer patches. Also if you click outside screen,it closes to desktop GRRRrrrrR. It is very annoying as I teleport a lot and end up doing that. Luckily the game pauses while I do it, but it is extremely annoying.

When I try to play on full window mode, I get insane amounts of lag whenever there is an area with more than normal monsters. Like areas full of fallen, carvers and their revivers. It will lag so hard on full screen, that I can hardly do anything. So I am way better off playing on window screen and dealing with it minimizing all of the time.

I am actually considering going to patch 1.08. It appears almost all of the desirable unique items are all the same and the TC part is fixed, so you can find them from bosses instead of doing rack runs. Also the rack runs for say uniques in 1.08, is 800:1 instead of 1000:1 on 1.07. The only thing I think maybe the very nice +max damage charms (which I really do want) might not be available? That and MF I guess is super bugged and nerfed in 1.08, so finding those items off bosses is somewhat tricky.

Is there any other reasons that you guys know of to play 1.07 and not 1.08 that are super important? The main reason is rack running just sounds so boring and hard to make the racks appear how they need to by following map and that they might take forever to find valuable ones. I much prefer killing Mephisto to get Valors, Shakos, Wiz Spikes and all sorts of other desirable items I want to move onto my 1.14d characters. I don't know if maybe some of those items aren't as good in 08 though.

I also wonder how the cold mastery works exactly. Why can't I find it?! How does it work? I know I read it doesn't work near the same as in new patches, but it's like all of this information is lost and I can't ever find it again. Something to do with the percentage, like if I stack it, it doesn't take it down to the negatives or something. I really need to find this so I know whether or not to work on cold mastery along with Frozen Orb, or if I should just start going to FO every time I level.

Thanks as usual for any feedback.

Last edited:
I just want to know the effects of cold mastery versus frozen orb and I don't know why I am struggling to find information I know I had seen before. I am a computer idiot I guess.

I want to know so I know how to progress Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery the most effectively as I level up. I am level 37 at the start of NM Act 4 and I have 7 into Frozen Orb and 3 into Cold Mastery. I know the CM works different than in newer patches, but not sure the exact reason and way.

I had read people say to only put a small amount into CM and I have read where people max it. I would like to know the best way to progress it and the how the CM% works.

Thanks for anybody with 1.07 FO Sorc knowledge who can help me or lead me to the information online!!!

@Jamie
Cold Mastery lowers the cold resistance by the listed percentage of the target's cold resistance.
So let's say a target has 150 cold resistance, and you have a level 20 CM, which is -85%:
150*85/100 = 127
150-127 = 23
So all your cold damage will hurt the target as if it has only 23 cold resistance, even though it really has 150. This is how it "breaks" cold immunity, and this is why CM is so powerful.
The more cold resistance a target has, the more you get out of CM. But if a target has 0 (or negative) cold resistance, then CM literally does nothing.
GalaXyHaXz made an awesome 1.08 thread: 1.08 News, Info and Gossip.

@Jamie
Cold Mastery lowers the cold resistance by the listed percentage of the target's cold resistance.
So let's say a target has 150 cold resistance, and you have a level 20 CM, which is -85%:
150*85/100 = 127
150-127 = 23
So all your cold damage will hurt the target as if it has only 23 cold resistance, even though it really has 150. This is how it "breaks" cold immunity, and this is why CM is so powerful.
The more cold resistance a target has, the more you get out of CM. But if a target has 0 (or negative) cold resistance, then CM literally does nothing.

GalaXyHaXz made an awesome 1.08 thread: 1.08 News, Info and Gossip.

So the first example you listed was the way it works in 1.07? I had remember reading something along the lines of how it doesn't reduce it as much as it currently does. So 1.07 CM will take out whatever percentage of the monster cold resistance it has? Such as if a monster is 70%, a 50% CM will drop it down to 35%? So this makes it so CM will never actually take it below 0% Cold Resist, unless I have a CM over 100%? Where in 1.14d it will easily drop enemy cold resistances into the negatives with a decently high CM?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Also, do you know if this means progressing Frozen Orb is much more important than Cold Masterty? In Nightmare act 4 I have a level 7 Frozen Orb (71-76 damage) and a level 3 Cold Mastery (42%). My FO is decent, but it doesn't do a whole lot of damage. Especially to say NM Meph.

I would love to know if progressing Frozen Orb only, Cold Master only for awhile or taking turns with them, will lead to the strongest Frozen Orb to use going forward. I am a little upset I lost the good guides I had to building characters and other parts of 1.07. The reason I am interested in 1.07, is that the item levels aren't an issue. So I could find 08 valor/shako and others doing meph and other bosses, although I believe MF is really bugged in 1.08. I believe you can also find 6 mod rare jewels. I just don't want to miss out on max damage charms and some other crazy things exclusive to 1.07.

My main concern was progressing my Frozne Orb and Cold Mastery to make it as strong as possible going towards the end of A4 NM and into Hell, wuth my level 7 FO (71-76) and level 3 CM(42% Cold Pierce).

So the first example you listed was the way it works in 1.07?
I think this is the way it works in 1.00-1.09, but in 1.08 they changed it so that it does not affect immunes anymore (at least according to the patch notes).
Such as if a monster is 70%, a 50% CM will drop it down to 35%?
Correcto.
So this makes it so CM will never actually take it below 0% Cold Resist, unless I have a CM over 100%?
CM caps out at -100%, but you will never reach it since that requires level 60 CM. :p
Where in 1.14d it will easily drop enemy cold resistances into the negatives with a decently high CM?
Yes, because in later patches it does not reduce the cold resistance by an actual percentage, if you catch my drift. In stead, CM just reduces cold resistance by the listed value directly. So a level 20 CM in 1.14 is -115, and as long as the monster is not immune, it will simply subtract 115 from their cold resistance (which potentially gets capped to -100).
Also, do you know if this means progressing Frozen Orb is much more important than Cold Masterty?
I figured that a level 8 CM is already enough to damage every enemy in the game, so there's that.
I think the highest possible cold resistance should be 270, although that's extremely rare.

A level 8 CM is -65%, so:
65*270/100=175
270-175=95 cold resistance

Level 7 CM is -63%, so:
63*270/100=170
270-170=100 cold resistance
So this would not be enough in this case.

Whether a point in CM or a point in Frozen Orb grants you more damage typically depends on how much cold resistance the target has. If you plan to "main" FO, you might as well pump CM to ensure you still deal solid damage against targets with high cold resistance. Personally I leveled FO and CM 1 to 1 until CM was at level 9 (-69%), and then stopped leveling CM until FO was 20. I ended up maxing CM as well.

High CM is just that nice against targets with high cold resistance. It definitely is not necessary to max it, though, especially if you use Lower Resist.
Lower Resist unfortunately is applied before CM, so it will reduce how much CM will lower cold resistance. Nonetheless, you'll always benefit from using LR.
Mephisto only has 25 cold resistance on Nightmare, so I guess the issue is just his juicy lifepool (22,275).

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High