HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

After hearing of ATMA having problems, I have decided to switch to GoMule.

My problem however, is that GoMule refuses to load my 1.09 stashes (the 1.09 with the -seed glitch and only players 8 (after players 64)).

Does this mean I have to use ATMA for 1.09 and GoMule for 1.12+?

I believe GoMule only supports versions 1.10+.

@Arkardo: Sorry, I don't believe there is. If you want to request it as a feature, can you either add it to the gomule sourceforge tracker, or email me ([email protected]) with the subject "GoMule feature request". Thanks :)

@sethyboy: GoMule only supports 1.10+ LOD. Perhaps in the future it could support 1.09, but it depends on how many users are interested in 1.09 support.

I recently upgraded from 0.22 to 1.13. It seems to have deleted every set item in my stash. (I had about 200 of them.) I wondered if the new version simply couldn't see the set items, so I opened the stash in ATMA. From ATMA I see that my set items are indeed gone.

A friend recently gave me his 1.07 CDs. I bet this has to do with trying to store a Cathan's Seal that had poison resists that I brought from 1.07 to 1.12a. When it didn't work after two tries, I did the delete dupes thingie to make sure it didn't somehow appear again later after I restored my character backup.

Anyway, it may have been a while since my last backup, and I have found some good stuff recently. What's the best way to go about merging my backups with my new stash without accidentally duping?

Edit: I just copied all my set items from the last .org file that had any in them. Hopefully I didn't lose anything else.

Last edited:
RWM Troubles

Well I finally got all the all runes and a 4 slotted Polearm for Insight. So I went ahead and installed the RWM along with RRM. Made the new shortcut and started it up, dropped a rune on the ground and it was red so I figured both had been correctly installed. I then dropped a ral, a tir, a tal, and a sol into my polearm but nothing happened. :(

failjs.jpg
(pic is from ATMA, so it says Insight but it doesn't ingame)

So I'm going to go do some more countess runs and get another tir and sol rune, then I will need to find a 4 slot polearm. Any suggestions on where to get one? Before I just used the act V socket quest to socket a normal polearm I found, but now Im only on Act 1 of NM...

And secondly, how can I test my the RWM. Once I get all the materials again I want it to work obviously, so is there any efficient/cheap way to test and make sure its working before I waste more materials?

Thanks

Edit: Anyone see anything wrong with my installation?
My Diablo 2 folder: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/720/capture1ap.png
MY Diablo 2 shortcut: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3338/capture2o.png

Re: RWM Troubles

Well I finally got all the all runes and a 4 slotted Polearm for Insight. So I went ahead and installed the RWM along with RRM. Made the new shortcut and started it up, dropped a rune on the ground and it was red so I figured both had been correctly installed. I then dropped a ral, a tir, a tal, and a sol into my polearm but nothing happened. :(

failjs.jpg
(pic is from ATMA, so it says Insight but it doesn't ingame)

So I'm going to go do some more countess runs and get another tir and sol rune, then I will need to find a 4 slot polearm. Any suggestions on where to get one? Before I just used the act V socket quest to socket a normal polearm I found, but now Im only on Act 1 of NM...

And secondly, how can I test my the RWM. Once I get all the materials again I want it to work obviously, so is there any efficient/cheap way to test and make sure its working before I waste more material

This should probably be in the help sticky on the main page... it'll probably be moved soon enough.

Anyway, you'll want to copy the contents of the Runeword folder into the RedRuneMod folder (i.e. merge the Runeword data folder [should just have Rune.txt, I think] with the data folder present). It only "starts in" one folder, so all the files have to be there, not in a hierarchy.

As for testing, that's about the only way sadly. I'd suggest making an Edge bow (tir+tal+amn) as you can shop 3os bows in act 1 normal, so you won't have to hunt for a base.

To find 4os polearms, your best bet is an area with lots of enemies (cows, pits, wsk, etc) on higher player settings, with as little mf as possible. Or, simply lookup which items larzuk will give 4os and do that.

EDIT: That was a fast move

Hi, I have a couple of questions on playing older patches and the utilities for them. I looked at the stickies but I'm confused about some things :scratchchin: this is mostly due to me being stupid I guess so if you can dumb down the procedure for getting this to work, it would be great!

1. Will the current version of ATMA work with 1.07 -> 1.12 correctly? (I'm almost sure it will but confirmation would be great!)

2. Is patch 1.07 available somewhere? I couldn't find it (Sorted now)

3. The reason I am looking to use older versions is to:

[highlight]1.07 Exp[/highlight] :- Get some good rings, charms, ethereal items and some uniques.

[highlight]1.09b Exp[/highlight] :- Use players 64 to level quickly and rushing characters.

[highlight]1.10a Exp[/highlight] :- Bul Kathos' +2 skills

[highlight]1.10s Exp[/highlight] :- Beta Runewords and get the rushed characters hell forge drops.

This info is from http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6601541&postcount=25

But the problem is I am confused about Trenshadows version switcher (.zzz files ??!?) - with this, do I need to modify the D2gfx.dll files as well?

It would be great if somebody could show me their set up (if they have got these versions all running concurrently with one install of D2)

I am currently running [highlight]1.12 Expansion[/highlight] and would like to continue to play this if possible ...

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

P.S. I can go on MSN Messenger if it helps, if someone would be kind enough to walk me through the process!

P.P.S. If this is in the wrong thread please feel free to move it mods - I linked a post from this thread http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7405780&postcount=60 back here, so as not to spam!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2:

Got my answer about 1.07 in the time travelling thread!

EDIT 3:

Figured out that the .zzz is just a zip file, so now I have unpacked them, but still need help on how to set it up. Is there some guide that someone can link me to?

EDIT 4:

I think I have got it working but I do need some confirmation on how the file structure should look and how it works with 1.12a and RWM and RRM.

I also want to check whether the 1.10 listed is 1.10a or 1.10s or 1.10 final!

If I run those patches in the appropriate folders within my D2 install, will it apply the patches correctly or will it patch the whole directory?

EDIT 5:

I have got it working thanks to mattinm!!!

Last edited:

Ok, so I installed Gomule after years of using Atma. Boy i should have done so much earlier ! Great piece of software !

One problem though : I see all the chars and stashes in the explorer-like folder window to the left, but i cannot open them from there directly. I tried double klicking and right klicking, and it works maybe 1 out of 100 times. The right klick menu also only opens once every 100 tries. How can I get this to work properly ?

Re: RWM Troubles

This should probably be in the help sticky on the main page... it'll probably be moved soon enough.

Anyway, you'll want to copy the contents of the Runeword folder into the RedRuneMod folder (i.e. merge the Runeword data folder [should just have Rune.txt, I think] with the data folder present). It only "starts in" one folder, so all the files have to be there, not in a hierarchy.

As for testing, that's about the only way sadly. I'd suggest making an Edge bow (tir+tal+amn) as you can shop 3os bows in act 1 normal, so you won't have to hunt for a base.

To find 4os polearms, your best bet is an area with lots of enemies (cows, pits, wsk, etc) on higher player settings, with as little mf as possible. Or, simply lookup which items larzuk will give 4os and do that.

EDIT: That was a fast move

Thankyou! While I was doing a countess run for the runes I actually found a 4os polearm too, pretty lucky. But everything is working as intended now.

If you still have failed insight, you may not have to make a new one. I don't know what is wrong with your installation, but once it's correct, your gemmed polearm may turn into insight automatically. Here is the post that leads me to think this.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7396476&postcount=7

Also thankyou for this! After I did what mattinm said I started it up and the polearm turned into insight!

And thankyou to whoever moved my post, sorry I put it in the wrong spot.

1.13 and d2gfx.dll

Running multiple instances of D2 v1.13

As great (or not) as the new patch may be, I was wondering if anyone figgured out a legit (in this community, not @Bnet ofc) way of starting multiple instances of D2?

Changing the hex values didn't seem to work in the 1.13 d2gfx.dll so I guess they must have changed something there. Maybe someone more used to reading/writing assembler code can figgure out which changes to make, by disassembling.

I don't know about the current SP policies regarding the d2gfx.dll, but since there still are 1.12 links for the fixed d2gfx.dll to be found in the FAQs I guess it's accepted/tolerated. If this is too much of a grey zone however, feel free to delete this post.

/********************************/
/************** solved ************/

/********************************/

Last edited:
Re: 1.13 and d2gfx.dll

It is not a grey zone, as long as it is in the stickies, it is perfectly fine.

As far as i know the modified dll works with 1.13 aswell.

I already tried that, it does not work. The game won't even start and simply displays a warning saying that there's something wrong with the d2gfx.dll.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying the rule issue.

But the problem is I am confused about Trenshadows version switcher (.zzz files ??!?) - with this, do I need to modify the D2gfx.dll files as well?

I don't know if you have this working yet, but for Trenshadows to work with the modified DLL, I had to edit the LaunchModGame script.

I don't know if you have this working yet, but for Trenshadows to work with the modified DLL, I had to edit the LaunchModGame script.

You don't have to modify TrenShadow to work with multiple instances. You simply need to create another shortcut to run Game.exe in the main directory, with the "start in" as the version folder. See here for an explanation.

It should be noted, however, with this method, there can be consequences if you don't close the primary TrenShadow instance first, because it will revert all files (except Game.exe, because it's in use, if not the .dll files as well) and revert your save folder in the registry. This, obviously, could be bad if you attempt to open another instance, because TrenShadow doesn't check for the presence of backed up files, meaning your Game.exe.baq (which is of the current version) would be over written by Game.exe (of the version you have open), meaning you would have to get at least a Game.exe for your current version from somewhere else.

All in all, if you're going to run multiple instances with TrenShadow, just make sure to back up your main files first, just in case. I'm currently writing a full (hopefully) TrenShadow guide/faq to answer all questions.

Running multiple instances of D2 v1.13

As great (or not) as the new patch may be, I was wondering if anyone figgured out a legit (in this community, not @Bnet ofc) way of starting multiple instances of D2?

Changing the hex values didn't seem to work in the 1.13 d2gfx.dll so I guess they must have changed something there. Maybe someone more used to reading/writing assembler code can figgure out which changes to make, by disassembling.

I don't know about the current SP policies regarding the d2gfx.dll, but since there still are 1.12 links for the fixed d2gfx.dll to be found in the FAQs I guess it's accepted/tolerated. If this is too much of a grey zone however, feel free to delete this post.

Sorry for the double-post (this wasn't here before my last post, got moved in).

The new offset is: B6DE, or simply search for the hex value "C0 74 45" and the first instance will be the one needing to be changed. I use HexEdit, so I simply click "Find" the make sure it's set to Hex and search, and I'm right there.

If you would like a pre-modified .dll, I have one. I'm just hesitant to post to it directly at this moment.

I have an issue with ATMA. Since I'm running it on Vista the information boxes that appear when you scroll over an item keep flashing up and it takes some seconds for the actual information to show up.

Does anybody know this problem and a possible solution to it?

Sorry for the double-post (this wasn't here before my last post, got moved in).

The new offset is: B6DE, or simply search for the hex value "C0 74 45" and the first instance will be the one needing to be changed. I use HexEdit, so I simply click "Find" the make sure it's set to Hex and search, and I'm right there.

If you would like a pre-modified .dll, I have one. I'm just hesitant to post to it directly at this moment.

If one does upgrade to 1.13, it will mean that 1.12a will need to be in a separate folder like the other versions, so that the main folder is 1.13. Will this mean that RWM/CRM/RRM won't work with the 1.12a folder?

Currently I have the above mods working with 1.12a as it is in the main folder, therefore, the file structure works. When moving 1.12a to a new folder and using a LaunchModGame.vbs script, the RWM file structure is changed and the mods no longer work. Of course, they will then work with 1.13 I expect as it will take the place of 1.12a ...

For those that didn't read my post up there ^ quite a few posts ago, mattinm helped me to set up TrenShadow so it works. But we didn't discuss 1.13, which changes things with respect to the various acceptable mods here. Whether the script needs to be modified to open within the Runeword folder is for someone with more knowledge to decide I guess!

If one does upgrade to 1.13, it will mean that 1.12a will need to be in a separate folder like the other versions, so that the main folder is 1.13. Will this mean that RWM/CRM/RRM won't work with the 1.12a folder?

Currently I have the above mods working with 1.12a as it is in the main folder, therefore, the file structure works. When moving 1.12a to a new folder and using a LaunchModGame.vbs script, the RWM file structure is changed and the mods no longer work. Of course, they will then work with 1.13 I expect as it will take the place of 1.12a ...

For those that didn't read my post up there ^ quite a few posts ago, mattinm helped me to set up TrenShadow so it works. But we didn't discuss 1.13, which changes things with respect to the various acceptable mods here. Whether the script needs to be modified to open within the Runeword folder is for someone with more knowledge to decide I guess!

You can still setup mods (such as RWM and RRM for each version), it's just not as elegant as having a separate folder. Simply create a data folder within the version (e.g. C:\Program Files\Diablo II\1.12a\data) and copy the contents of the data folder in the mod folder (e.g. RedRuneMod\data) into the newly created data folder -- these should be two folders called global and local.

Now, create your desktop shortcut as normal, but make sure to use -direct as one of the flags (e.g. Target = "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\1.12a\LaunchModGame.vbs" -direct). Like I said before, this isn't exactly elegant, but you can't just change the "Start In" line to the mod folder, because TrenShadow won't be able to find all the *.dll, etc files.

As for RRM/RWM working 100% in 1.13, I'm not certain of this. The new drops might mess with these folders somewhat. I've seen posts of people getting them to work, so I'm guessing it's possible, I just haven't dealt with it yet.

P.S. Thanks for giving me another idea for my version switcher :p. I'll add a flag of -m/--mod= to specify a mod folder to start in.

EDIT: I had to add a space between C: and \ otherwise I got this :\. Is there any way to make vBulletin realize I don't want this to be a smiley? I tried \\, which seemed most logical, but alas.

EDIT2: And I just saw that there is a "Disable smilies for this post" option in the reply page, but I can't seem to find it in the edit section. If only I knew that smiley existed before posting. Oh well. Live and learn.

EDIT3: To Oscuro below: genius :D

Last edited:

You can cheat by putting some markup in the middle of the smilie. Quote this for an example: c:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High