Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Re: Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Just got home from work, read the posts, and I agree with the above posters, end the day early get to the next day. The one legged man.

Oh wow, talk about getting the boot! I guess that's what you get for not coming to the thread in time. Now come on, people, you could have investigated a little, just checked out my previous posts. I was the one who very strongly pushed the vote against Guardian the first day. I also had nothing against voting for BoD. Well, as I said the first day, it is all for the best of Tristram!

I'll leave the uncovering of my vote to Marahumm, as I like his write-ups. I also agree that we can start the night sooner. Good luck, town!

I meant my "role", not "vote", in my previous post.

I'd rather not end the day yet.

You came out Ivan, and luckily for you, Ash confirmed who you are. You gotta look back at your own voting behaviour on day 2 and you'll see how fishy it seemed.

Bad Ash and Ivan are the only ones who we can be sure of now, the rest, including me, are still up on the chopping block.

Laarz is being straight out useless for the progression of the thread as usual.

Sdbramwell, you said that if Es Mors is not D, then it's me because my power hasn't helped anyone yet. Now, there's only one way you could know this for sure, and that's being the only surviving night killer. Care to retort?

I'll take wickedswami's claim to be the Assassin, and since Ivan was cleared, I'll just focus on watching your behaviour from the start 'til now. Here's a recap of what you've done:

DAY I

You claimed the first post in the whole thread, saying "so who's going to be the first to die?" I'm a bit surprised no one thought ill of this comment.

For the next few posts you bring out the fact that you're new to the game very strongly.

Afer a few filler posts, you were the first one to claim a role outside of your good ol' regular townie. This is a mistake done by those new to the game and who've something to hide. After your claim you state your freshness to the game again.

After this you pose a question how your claim would paint a target on your back, as who'd waste a NK to a powerless role? Setting us up for you surviving all the nights here, eh?

Your next post indicated unwillingness to rid of the inactives. After this, you were the one to bring up the idea that GuardianHadriel was maybe muted, and planted the thought that he should be left alive. Because you knew he was your older brother? Hoping he'd show up?

You voted for Essojay after he was already locked, before this your vote stood on Asrrin.

DAY II

will follow after I find more time to shuffle through the thread.

To start, a thought about Diablo himself; who's to say he shows up as Diablo to the cop and not something else?

DAY II in the adventures of Sdbramwell

You start by reassuring your town drunk role. Town Drunk's traditionally have either a) a blocking ability b) they see someone at night who goes about their business or c) they're like the village idiot, wanting to get lynched, you deny all of these

You voted for Gorny. Because you know he's not on your side?

You said "yeah but we had two nights free of nks, so far were up two on the mafia, at this point we can waste a lynch." Waste a lynch? HUH?

In a post where you doubt Noodle's claim to be the bus driver, you say "In addition it sounds like Mar spent a lot of time picking out roles that would match up pretty well to D2 character classes." when you question the fact that there's nothing switch related in the Amazon trees. Yet, you're a drunk with no abilities?

You back up BoD Trader in the whole : no : thing.

Post #415 Laarz casts doubt on you for the same fact I mentioned in my DAY I recap of your actions, you were the one most against lynching GuardianHadriel. This buys him more credibility in my eyes, as useless as his other posts have been, than you.

You voted for Bad Ash since Gorny was modkilled.

You unvoted Bad Ash.

After Ash hinted he's the cop, you said you wouldn't vote for him anymore.

You voted for Noodle.

You suggested protection for TC and Asrrin. Even after the cop had outed himself? Telling the doc who to protect is also a mafia tell.

You question if lynching Noodle is a good thing to do.

You unvote Noodle, and state that you think Asrrin's roleclaim is viable in your opinion.

More insuring that Marahumm put a lot of thought into the roles, after which you say ""im farnham who is NPC and has no abilities thus i cant do squat." I'd refer back to the first point of this post. Now you also seem to think that it's logical for the Amazon to be the bus driver.

You voted for BoD Trader. You were the fifth to vote if I counted correctly, 7 votes needed to lock.

After it was locked you apologized to BoD Trader.

End of.

Not completely screaming mafia, but not much shy either.

Now that I got that out, I've no problem with ending the day early. Give Sdbramwell some time to set up a defence. ;)

I'm fine for ending the day early - I'm hoping we get the win from Es Mors

ankeli made post 666, pretty sure he's diablo :p

( and now i'll read up on what has been said)

Day can end right now if its all the same for you guys.
Ankeli has a point on sd. I suggest he gets roleblocked.
I also suggest not to copread him, but laarz in stead.
Just in case: I suggest the doc protects the cop, and noodle switches the doc with someone. making almost sure they survive till tomorrow (this might get you killed though noodle, but it's worth it imo)
I know giving plans away to the mafia might be a bad idea, but I don't see anything they can do about it.

I've got 8 for ending the day early. All up to sdbramwell.

Laarz is being straight out useless for the progression of the thread as usual.

I agree.

Sdbramwell, you said that if Es Mors is not D, then it's me because my power hasn't helped anyone yet. Now, there's only one way you could know this for sure, and that's being the only surviving night killer. Care to retort?

yeah, my guess is its you because, your pointing fingers like mad. i have yet to do that. im simply stating that your my guess. expressing my thoughts. i have also stated that my logic isnt always fool-proof, but thus-so-far, hasn't been too bad.

DAY I

You claimed the first post in the whole thread, saying "so who's going to be the first to die?" I'm a bit surprised no one thought ill of this comment.

I don't see why anyone should read into this. it was the first post of the entire thread, and i simply stated it because someone is bound to die.

For the next few posts you bring out the fact that you're new to the game very strongly.

because ive obviously made several mistakes in this game, as my head is on the chopping block. however, i was simply apologizing and confessing my naivety if i were to ruin the game.

Afer a few filler posts, you were the first one to claim a role outside of your good ol' regular townie. This is a mistake done by those new to the game and who've something to hide. After your claim you state your freshness to the game again.

again, i didnt realize claiming my role was a huge 'mafia tell', thus i apologized using the same reasoning, apologize to the town for being ignorant.

After this you pose a question how your claim would paint a target on your back, as who'd waste a NK to a powerless role? Setting us up for you surviving all the nights here, eh?

once again, i did not know this was a 'mafia tell', and i probably apologized again shortly after.

Your next post indicated unwillingness to rid of the inactives. After this, you were the one to bring up the idea that GuardianHadriel was maybe muted, and planted the thought that he should be left alive. Because you knew he was your older brother? Hoping he'd show up?

Actually, i recalled him being on vacation from the sign up thread. i didnt mention this, but that was why i was HESITANT to vote inactives, they werent even given a chance to defend themselves. in hind-sight, im glad he was modkilled. he was the first prime evil to die, and lead us to another prime evil kill.

You voted for Essojay after he was already locked, before this your vote stood on Asrrin.

i think asrrin could even confess to this. he was pointing a heavy finger at gorny, but the second gorny claimed he was the tree stump, i raised an eyebrow at him. it was at this point that i also said we are up two on the mafia, wasting a lynch on GORNY wouldn't be a bad idea because it would prove his innocence or guilt. which it did, and it also proved a heavy trust in asrrin, which i still have.

To start, a thought about Diablo himself; who's to say he shows up as Diablo to the cop and not something else?

This is a very good point.

DAY II in the adventures of Sdbramwell

You start by reassuring your town drunk role. Town Drunk's traditionally have either a) a blocking ability b) they see someone at night who goes about their business or c) they're like the village idiot, wanting to get lynched, you deny all of these

a) im not a town drunk. im a vanilla townie. i have never said anything that would remotely come close to saying i have some power, let alone a blocking ability.
b) i do not see what people do at night, the only info i have is from the thread and Mar's story.
c) i am not a village idiot, do not lynch me, if you do i will not share victory

i am still denying all these, as i said, farnham is my character, hes a town drunk, not my actual role. adria was a witch who could make potions and such, i would think shed have some type of power for me. id also like to point out that it seems there havent been any NPC's that have had a power role.

You voted for Gorny. Because you know he's not on your side?

I voted for Gorny because he claimed he was the treestump. and i also said before my logic, we had two nights free of nk, and we need the truth from gorny to assert how honest asrrin was behaving. if gorny hadnt been lying, he would have lived. too bad for him.

You said "yeah but we had two nights free of nks, so far were up two on the mafia, at this point we can waste a lynch." Waste a lynch? HUH?

if retorted to this several times now. see above.

In a post where you doubt Noodle's claim to be the bus driver, you say "In addition it sounds like Mar spent a lot of time picking out roles that would match up pretty well to D2 character classes." when you question the fact that there's nothing switch related in the Amazon trees. Yet, you're a drunk with no abilities?

OK, I think its pretty clear that Mar did spend a lot of time getting a good plot and trying to match character abilities with roles/effects of powers. wouldnt you agree? and noodle's claim is very viable, and come to think of it, 'decoy' is probably the closest matching skill to the power of a bus drive in all the classes of d2, so why not choose it.

You back up BoD Trader in the whole : no : thing.

i think you are referring to the misvotes or something, not really sure. but yeah i supported counting his votes. i dont think his format mattered, it was pretty clear who he was voting for. and also, i didnt want my first game ruined, which i clearly stated several times.

Post #415 Laarz casts doubt on you for the same fact I mentioned in my DAY I recap of your actions, you were the one most against lynching GuardianHadriel. This buys him more credibility in my eyes, as useless as his other posts have been, than you.

I also later confessed to having been one of the first persons to mention this, i couldnt find that post but whatever. at any rate, as i have said before, i did some reading on the mafiawiki, but didnt see anything about it, thus i was nearly inquiring, not stating that i did think he was muted.

You voted for Bad Ash since Gorny was modkilled.

You unvoted Bad Ash.

i hate to bring this up, but i was also one of the first people to propose that GH may have been muted; however, i asked that because i thought of it and wasnt sure if it was possible or not. i really dont care who we lynch as long as we get more info for the town.

Vote: Bad Ash

nice, i foudn my post where i admitted it to bringing up the mute, and this is also when i voted for Bad Ash, i was bandwagonning on TC's back, check the thread, there were i think 3 votes for him counting mine, dont read into that vote too much.

After Ash hinted he's the cop, you said you wouldn't vote for him anymore.

yes, i also said that i had an air of trust in everyone who has role claimed, as is why i trust noodle now. and trust you.

You voted for Noodle.

i believe this was before we lynched GH, and before i started trusting the role claims.

You suggested protection for TC and Asrrin. Even after the cop had outed himself? Telling the doc who to protect is also a mafia tell.

i dont think anyone listended to me anyways, and guess what, TC died, so i was right, go figure.

You question if lynching Noodle is a good thing to do.

yeah i, would still question it, i dont think its a good idea.

You unvote Noodle, and state that you think Asrrin's roleclaim is viable in your opinion.

im guessing this is when i started trusting role claims.

More insuring that Marahumm put a lot of thought into the roles, after which you say ""im farnham who is NPC and has no abilities thus i cant do squat." I'd refer back to the first point of this post. Now you also seem to think that it's logical for the Amazon to be the bus driver.

im pretty sure i retorted this earlier. you should know that i trust the role claims. i will explain this at the end.

You voted for BoD Trader. You were the fifth to vote if I counted correctly, 7 votes needed to lock.

After it was locked you apologized to BoD Trader.

yeah, because if we were wrong, sorry to end your game so soon. also, i think ive apologized to half the people i voted for.

anyway, hope you believe me, but ive done some digging and have a pretty good theory.

if you take a look at pages 39-42, we go on a little voting spree.

i trust the people who have role-claimed, so this is based on the assumption that you trust the role claims.

Asrrin is highly suspicious of BoD Trader, and votes for him.

There are some comments back and forth, and es mors says its more logical to vote for ankeli, and does so.

an important follow vote is BoD, who knows ankeli isnt mafia (yes ankeli, i trust your druid claim)

the next vote is a known non mafia member (at least based on the cops investigation) KrazeyIvan, he votes for ankeli.

The 4th vote for ankeli is Laarz, which is key. we dont know much about him, iirc, and this is getting pretty close to lynching our doctor.

noodle bandwagons and votes for ankeli to try and secure a lynch.

we then decide that gorny is a safer bet through some back and forth logic and then gorny is modkilled and we decide to go with essojay.

imo, this makes laarz look suspicious. laarz did vote for GH, but him and BoD knew he was probably inactive and agreed there is nothing they could really do to avoid an inactive lynch. imo, i agree about investigating him.

with that being said, go ahead and end the day.

there are a couple of grammatical and syntax errors, please understand that i wrote and quoted this up without proofreading it.

Fair enough, thanks for answering, even though they weren't really questions, but a memory refresher to the others. :)

yikes. crazy long post.

Ank is obv. diablo with the 666 post (could catch wicked)

Mors role is going to be key to see who i peek into tonight

not a problem. i just hope es mors is d so we can end this with a big W.

The sun had barely risen when the group decended upon their next victim. Es Mors understood what was happening right away. Before they had the chance to catch him, he quickly made his way to the blacksmith shop. In moments he kicked down the door, wearing a full suit of armor, and a mace in each hand. "If it be a massacre ye want," he roared as he knocked an attacker down, "a massacre ye get!"

Es Mors had slow but strong movements. It seemed he could also take quite the beating from the crowd. As I watched, I noticed out the corner of my eye someone else shifting uncomfortably. It was Cain, looking as sullen as he did when Essojay was murdered two days back. I knew instantly what that meant, and pleaded with him to say something, to speak out and stop this needless killing, but he just stood there. What was going on!?

I took it upon myself then to stop this. It was up to me to bring back order to the group. With a surge of courage, I break into a run to directly cut off Es Mors from the rest of the group. Es Mors must have noticed me, because as soon as I got close he swung his mace as hard as he could at me. Luckily for me I was just knocked out cold while the fight continued on in the group's favor......

Es Mors is now dead. He was Griswold, a townie. It is now night time. Anyone that has anything to do at night, see that it gets done.

Players left alive: 8
noodle
wickedswami
ankeli
asrrin
bad ash
sdbramwell
krazeyivan
laarz

Special note: Since today ended early, I will extend the night a bit for continuity purposes. Day 4 will begin tomorrow at 4pm eastern time.

I awoke to the sound of screams the next day. The blow to my head yesterday seemed to keep me unconscious until the next day. Groggy, I stumbled my way out of my room, out the tavern and into the courtyard. It took a moment for my head to stop spinning, but once it did I noticed what everyone else was staring at.

At the center of the town, there was a large pole, sharpened to a point at the top. Skewered by it were all the villagers and companions that have been slain these past few days. The most decayed, Essojay, lay at the top. At the base was Bad Ash. To the horror of everyone, Bad Ash was still alive! He woke up, coughing blood as he did. Between the spear puncturing through his lungs and the massive pile of bodies pinning him to the ground, he struggled to breath as he tried to push the bodies off him. When his arms failed him, he looked at us not with sadness or desperation, but with a calm, almost relieved look on his face.

"When I die, I know it won't be in vain. I die protecting this town from the prime evils. My bretheren will tell tales of me forever. The Ancients themselves will herald my homecoming. I die, but my name lives forever."

We understood what must be done. Drawing his sword, one of my companions ended Bad Ash's life mercifully. His courage seemed to absorb into us all as we continue to search for the dark wanderer.

Bad Ash has been slain. There are 7 now left alive. 4 votes are needed to lynch, 5 to lock:
noodle
wickedswami
ankeli
asrrin
sdbramwell
krazeyivan
laarz

first things first, bad ash died, so we are now 100% sure that all his claims are true.
IIRC, the only one of his claims left alive is KrazeyIvan, which is now a 100% certain townie.
Who did you block asrrin? We also know that person is townie.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High