Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Marahumm

Apr 10, 2009
Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

The Rules
Here are the RULES you must abide by.

1) You do not talk about your role outside this thread.

2) You do not talk about your role outside this thread.

3) If you post at night I will modkill you.

4) If you edit your post I will modkill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

5) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

6) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always next round.

7) Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count.

8) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion.

9) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

10) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not.

11) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be pm'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

12) I won't be telling you the starting roles, upon lynch that persons role will be revealed, people that get nk'd their roles will only be known to the mafia

13) Read the rules once more. Have Fun!

14) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

15) Do not post at night or i will kill you.

\-------------------------/
\ The Story /
\-------------------------/

tl;dr version after the intro.

I thought I could repent for my sins. All these years of solitude in that wretched asylum couldn't drive these nightmares away. Ever since I parted ways with the wanderer, my dreams have been getting worse and more vivid. There was even one that had Baal, the Lord of Destruction himself, convincing me he was Tyreal, then killing me soon after. When I awoke, the soulstone that I kept on me was no where to be found.

I heard later that not only Diablo and Mephisto, but Baal was destroyed as well. So why haven't these damned nightmares stopped? Why can't I live my life in peace? Why won't someone put me out of my misery, so I don't have to suffer anymore?

I've been having a new set of nightmares. I dream of the day the wanderer entered Tristram, only this time there were two others with him. The townspeople trusted them, although they all were always nicer to those with more gold. Later in the night was when they attacked. In minutes the town was set aflame, leaving none alive, save for the three.

It was years later that a group of would-be heroes came to me. They tell me they just received word that Tristram is infested again by demons, even after destroying all three soulstones. They tell me that all three prime evils are destroying that cursed town once again, just like in my dreams. They want me to go with them, to guide them into the town, so they can kill off the three. Maybe after I help them my sins will be forgiven. Maybe my nightmares will stop if I see this to the end. Even if the three kill all of us, at least my suffering will finally be over.

I follow them to the ancient city of Harrogoth, where through their travels, they have obtained three relics: Mephisto's brain, Diablo's horn and Baal's eye. They put all three into some strange cube, and in a moment opened a red portal. Through it I could see the town in flames. The group I was with didn't hesitate. They're either incredibly strong or incredibly foolish. I didn't care; they provided the best hope of helping me. I slowly follow behind to find....nothing! Tristram wasn't in shambles. Rather, it appeared just as it did before the wanderer unleashed his fury years ago.

All of the citizens were there, but they acted as if nothing had happened. And indeed, it appeared as such. The cathedral wasn't tainted with death. Ogden, the tavern owner, had more business than ever. Even young Wirt had his leg back as he played with the once-dead Prince Albrecht.

Something wasn't right here. The heroes had reliable information. The Prime Evils are here, hiding among us. Unfortunately, until they reveal themselves, we won't be able to act. Ogden was nice enough to let us stay at the tavern for the night. We rest uneasily tonight, for who knows just what will happen in our new tomb known as Tristram.

tl;dr = Group of people go into tristram to fight the ubers, but tristram is back to normal. The prime evils are hiding amongst you.

People alive:
Gorny
noodle
wickedswami
es mors
ankeli
asrrin
bad ash
thunder cat
essojay
sdbramwell
guardianhadriel
bod trader
krazeyivan
laarz

It is now nighttime. Everyone that can do something at night has 24 hours to do so.

Last edited:
Re: Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

My night was filled with more nightmares. While Ogden's tavern was much more hospitable than where I've been staying, I found little comfort in the warm food and soft bedding. At night I dreamed of a lone farmer occupying himself with what I can only describe as a magical orb that he was interacting with. Drink in hand, he didn't notice that the gate that holds his herd of cattle was open. The bovine moved with a purpose, sprinting through the fields with demonic glowing eyes, as if they were summoned by hell itself. I could only watch as they trampled through the farmer's house, tearing it down to rubble.

I awoke soon after, finding more comfort in my current surroundings than in sleep. It was dark, but I could hear people moving about the town, tending to their own business.

Morning arrived. I wasn't the first outside, for I was dreading what I might find. To my surprise, everything seemed as it was when we first got here. Perhaps just our mere presence has persuaded the demons to leave this place? Or are they just biding their time, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. There's only one way to find out...

It is now day time. You all have 48 hours to communicate freely on this thread before it's night time again.

votes needed to lynch = 7
votes needed to lock = 8

players left alive:
Gorny
noodle
wickedswami
es mors
ankeli
asrrin
bad ash
thunder cat
essojay
sdbramwell
guardianhadriel
bod trader
krazeyivan
laarz

One last reminder, votes and unvotes are to be bolded, else they will not count. If you vote for someone and then vote for someone else without unvoting, the second vote will not count.

I suspect a cop-type roleplayer protected someone. If so, kudoes to the cop on some nifty guessing. Any thoughts on other likely roles?

yeah im definitely guessing there is a cop, according to my FM knowledge (or lack there of) its a pretty standard role.

I would also guess that there is a standard doctor as well.

Every game of mafia should have a doctor, maybe a witch-doctor/necromancer in this case who can heal/resurect NK`ed participants.
Also i know this is very soon, but i remember reading somewhere on wiki that it is highly likely that a mafia member would congratulate the doc for the save, thats basicly what you did Noodle :)

PS: Good morning and good luck

I would guess at this time they just didnt get a kill in, I have never seen a role that blocks all the nk's have you?

since when does a cop save a nk? Suspicion already noodle

Eh Noodle...cop types don't protect. That's Doc rember?

Anyways if there is a Doc, and the Doc was one of the variants, we might have a role blocking Doc who protects and role blocks at the same time... sort of like wicked was last game.

The wording implies no doctor save though, as I'd expected the name of the attempted target to show up. However, that's completely up to the host. Also, cops don't protect, they investigate. Herr Doctors do :)

well logic would tell us at this point that either no 1 was NK'd or the person who was targeted for an NK was protected. right? I would assume the mafia would not waste a night, but then again i have never played.

God damnit beaten like a 4 year old :(

lucky strike doc could save, as said before. Also, Noodle, you mean doc in stead of cop right?

What do you mean with "all nk's" bad ash?
are you suggesting 3rd parties?

guessing from the story, we have 3 mafia's (the dark wanderer+2 friends)

some more guessing:
> the dark wanderer will be some kind of godfather, showing as townie to cop-roles.
> following the story, there are 3 bad guys. Since we're 14 players they seem a bit outnumbered, unless they have a special power, or there is a 3rd party.

@thundercat: could you try to find and show us where you read that? It's kind of a dumb accusation if you can't back it up. (It might've also been a better idea to wait with it till some more people posted)

The mafia had more than enough time since roles were given out till day broke. I seriously doubt they couldnt organise themselves for a NK. I had two rounds experience as a mafia and that doesnt happen unless they were supposed to chose a hitman like last round and the hitman F`ed up.

Marahumm said:
To my surprise, everything seemed as it was when we first got here. Perhaps just our mere presence has persuaded the demons to leave this place? Or are they just biding their time, waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

reading this, I'm pretty sure that the mafia simply didn't perform an NK

as you've experienced by yourself TC, they CAN f-up :)

i agree with wicked. they are just biding their time, if they had the chance, it was either blocked, or they screwed it up.

and also, after my readings on the mafia wiki, i did not see a role that blocked ALL nk's either.

here you go wicked, http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Finding_Mafia

Rules for Finding Mafia
Congratulate the doctor on successful protection: Is scum or doctor (+20, +10)
WishyWashy voting (+10)
Third person on a wagon is likely to be mafia (+15)
Fourth person on a wagon is likely to be mafia (+10)
Admitting someone is a townie without saying "IF" (+10) (mafia knows for sure who isn't mafia)
Mafia generally have more information than other players, so whoever picks up on tells/hints easiest is more likely to be mafia (+10%). There are some notable exceptions. Experience and skill should be taken into consideration.

hehe, nice find TC, I've never read through all of that stuff, but since it's put out here now, it is no longer useful.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High