Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Re: Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Sorry for the spam, I must have misclicked the + on this post.

Are you suggesting a Godfather type role? That would seem to suggest mafia families. In a game this size Im not sure there. Possible factions and third parties maybe.

We've previously had (Can't remember if it was in SPF or CF) a few games with a godfather and just one mafia party, I was one. Having Diablo turn up as a townie to the cop would really suck. :yes:

Marahumm; I could've asked this by PM but I guess everyone wants to know. Answer if you see fit, if answering works against your plan to run the game / the story telling bits, don't.

Did we have a doc save or did we have no NK? The way I see it, it's a game technical event and doesn't really change anything.

Since you're all propably asleep or something, I'll just keep talking to myself. I checked the profiles for visits, a mistake some of us learned the hard way a few games ago, and the results are as follows.

Name of the profile owner / -> name of the recent visitor

Gorny -> not visible since he's a mod :banned03:
noodle -> bod trader
wickedswami -> x
es mors -> gorny
ankeli -> gorny
asrrin -> gorny
bad ash -> bod trader, es mors, gorny
thundercat -> x
essojay -> x
sdbramwell -> x
guardianhadriel -> krazeyivan
bod trader -> x
krazeyivan -> bod trader
laarz -> badash

Make what you will of that.

I would also like to hear some thoughts from the players who haven't showed up yet.

es mors; do you think I am a townie or a mafia member?

essojay; what do you think about Gorny's short posts?

sdbramwell; what's your first feeling about Asrrin?

GuardianHadriel; What's your previous mafia experience like?

Laarz; Who do you think we should vote for today, and why?

Vote: Bad Ash

You just seem too focused on why there was no NK, when knowing it doesn't really benefit us in any way this early, even if there's a role blocker at play. Also, you're fixed on Baal being present in the game. Why?

I've been lurking to gather more info because there's not too much to go by, especially with the NK. For now, I have no reason to trust or distrust Gorny. He does seem to post a lot of short posts, which suggests to me that he's keeping very close tabs on what goes on in this thread. Maybe he's afraid of his identity leaking out?

From what ive gatherd so far Noodle is playing it quite defenseve, add that up with the congratulation and the mixup and for me is enough to suspect something.

I'll agree with TC on noodle being a little bit suspicious. But not enough to vote for him, or even to FOS him.

@essojay: that's just how gorny plays. Reread some of the older games, you'll see he's always like that.

@ankeli: I can't seem to get any relevant information out of your observation, but I'm sure we'll be able to use it once one of the mafia's has been found.

Voting bad ash because he uses the name 'baal' is stupid, imo. The game narration clearly states that the enemy are the 3 prime evils:

tl;dr = Group of people go into tristram to fight the ubers, but tristram is back to normal. The prime evils are hiding amongst you.
So it's only normal to assume they're diablo, mephisto and baal. Since baal is the final boss in the game, it's logical to think he'd be the 'head mafia' (if there is such a thing)
also, why did you visit gorny's profile?

@others: perhaps you could explain why you visited each other's profiles.

Wow, a lot of discussion already! Has Marahumm run any mafia games in the past? Maybe he just didn't think of mentioning that there was a doctor involved in the story. I can imagine runing a mafia game gives you a lot to keep track of and remember. Either way, no NK, and we can't know why at this point. Chances are, we are going to lynch someone innocent the first time, but it's all for the best of Tristram!

es mors; do you think I am a townie or a mafia member?

Not swayed in any direction yet.

@others: perhaps you could explain why you visited each other's profiles.

I don't remember when and why I visited Bad Ash's profile. If we are going to use the profile visits as accusations, I think it is important to remember: it shows the last five visits, and for all we know they can be several years old, depending on how active/well known the poster is. We should probably rule out the people from the mafia game where this method was discovered, because they probably wouldn't do the same mistake again. Maybe someone who participated in that game could list the others who also did?

oh wait, i got it wrong. You didn't visit gorny, gorny visited you.
Seeing he visited many profiles, he was probably doing the same thing Ankeli did.

The way you posted it is kinda confusing though. I switched it around:

person a visited===> person b; person c 's profiles:

Gorny ==> es mors, ankeli, assrin; bad ash

bod trader ==>noodle; bad ash, krazeyivan

es mors ==> bad ash

krazeyinvan ==>guardianhadriel

bad ash ==> laarz

hope i got em all

Why does Ba`al have to be the head of the 3 prime evils? Mephisto was the eldest and he could be the leader. We know Diablo is the wanderer and the story tells about the wanderer and two more companions, so why cant he be the leader ?

Voting bad ash because he uses the name 'baal' is stupid, imo. The game narration clearly states that the enemy are the 3 prime evils:

It might as well be just a narrative phrasing. Ash seems pretty set on it.

also, why did you visit gorny's profile?
You figured this one out.

Iirc it shows the last 10 visitors, and par a few, I couldn't find any logical reason to visit the other persons profile unless they had the intention to send a pm par a few, who reside in the same realm and thus might have used it for trading purposes or whatever.

I doubt the ones present in the game where it blew the mafia off would do it again, but the ones who weren't are worth noting.

Simple reason why I visited other peoples profiles - I ran the last mafia game. So having me as viewing other profiles makes sense.

Seeing he visited many profiles, he was probably doing the same thing Ankeli did.

es mors ==> bad ash

bad ash ==> laarz

hope i got em all

Thanks for clarifying that, because I haven't visited gorny's profile in quite a while.

I think that Gorny is one of the prime evils. He is posting just enough to try and stay under the radar, he has contributed nothing to the discussions, or answered some of the more more pointed questions presented, and he tops the list as visiting the most people. I know he defended this action in a previous game, but I think that he will try to use that fact to use it for ill this game.

Vote: Gorny

My suspicion is still on noodle. I don't think bad ash has done anything to merit accusation, but neither do I think ankeli is trying to sow discord. I simply think ankeli is barking up the wrong tree.

I think that it doesn't matter WHICH of the prime evils would be considered the head, as all have equal claims to the role (Meph is eldest, baal is last boss, diablo is the namesake) but that simply we very well COULD have a leader role.

Marahumm; I could've asked this by PM but I guess everyone wants to know. Answer if you see fit, if answering works against your plan to run the game / the story telling bits, don't.

Did we have a doc save or did we have no NK? The way I see it, it's a game technical event and doesn't really change anything.

The mafia didn't complete a night kill. Whether you think this was because of a pro-town role (doc, role-blocker) or unintentional/intentional lack of pm's to me, is up for you to decide. Either way you'll all find out at the end of the game ;)

This is Marahumm speaking on behalf of Marahumm in regards to the mafia game run by Marahumm to answer a question directed at Marahumm.

I thought I would do a little round up of the action so far on day 1 – it will allow us to evaluate the events so far – we can maybe do some Holmesian deduction

Players still with no thread interaction i.e quiet players

Guardianhadriel
Laarz

This is just what I have picked up on from going down the thread – hopefully picking up important bits

Noodle suggested a cop type player protected the right person and offered congrats on some nifty guessing.
(He would later explain that he got this role type wrong due to rushing for a meeting)

Followed by discussion on the no NK and various reasons

Bad Ash is first to mention the cop error – and attached his suspicion to Noodle

Wickedswami asks Bad Ash about “all nks” and suggesting 3rd parties”
Also first to postulate roles pointing out godfather as an example and the possibility that the scum have possible special powers dude to the comfirmed 3 bad guys

Wickedswami then in discussion with thundercat states that mafia can f-up and sdbramwell agrees with him – and suggests they are biding their time

Bad Ash asks the question if “Baal” is the leader of the mafia and in charge of the NK
(PS (jumping in – If my lore is correct Meph is the leader of the three)

Asrrin then appears and gets suspicious of Noodle for his role mistake
Then proceeds to guess roles for the people in the game – “hero” classes.
Also first to mention possible lesser demons “izual” “duriel” etc

Wickedswami suggests being active to talk and make assumptions to get info.
Suggests Day 1 no-lynch is bad for the town

Asrrin points out Ankeli weird comment

Gorny makes a quick comment saying “We have a Tyreal I Think”

Asrrin ask him to explain why he would think that and “explain why you think you know the theme name of whatever role you believe we have?”
The reply is “random thought of the day”

Ankeli asks Marahumm if we can learn what exactly happened doc save or no NK

Ankeli posts up a list of users and who has checked their profile “make of that what you will” and asks quiet players to show up – giving a question to each.
First vote comes from Ankeli – for Bad Ash
Reason – too focused on why there was no NK – and knowing that doesn’t really benefit us this early on. Fixed on Baal being present too

Essojay appears and states he has no reason to trust or distrust Gorny – noticing the short posts he has made, Is Gorny keeping quiet and hiding more than he knows

Thundercat points out Noodle is playing quite defensive – and is raising his suspicions – Wickedswami agrees but not enough for vote or FOS
Points out Gorny in previous games is short and sweet with his feedback.
Also that voting Bad ash is not clever as the story says the 3 prime evils are the enemy. Also encourages others to answer why profiles were checked.

Es mors thinks the first lynch will probably be an innocent and its all for the best for tristram

Regarding my visit to guardianhadriel that was done quite a few weeks/months ago in relation to play on Europe/Op Gauss.

Hopefully I have given a rough flavour of activity so far (as of when I wrote this)

I’m interested also to hear from the quiet players and will be comparing comments so far with the previous thread linked to at signup I’ll see how the structure matches to maybe give us a clue to who is mafia from their posting pattern – so far I’m not going to jump to any conclusions regards any of you but will see how things develop.

This is Marahumm speaking on behalf of Marahumm in regards to the mafia game run by Marahumm to answer a question directed at Marahumm.

I thought that was gorny's thing :)

anyway, we shouldn't talk much more about whether there was a doc save or not. This can only lead to the doc accidentally giving away his role.

nice summary Krazeyivan
but give some own thoughts as well now plz. Even though you can't make any conclusions yet.

Iirc it shows the last 10 visitors, and par a few, I couldn't find any logical reason to visit the other persons profile unless they had the intention to send a pm par a few, who reside in the same realm and thus might have used it for trading purposes or whatever.

I doubt the ones present in the game where it blew the mafia off would do it again, but the ones who weren't are worth noting.

Who are these "few" I'm referring more to the first "few" (bolded) rather than the second "few".

nice summary Krazeyivan
but give some own thoughts as well now plz. Even though you can't make any conclusions yet.

I was going to this evening when I'm back from work - I did that overview on my lunch break

As mentioned I'm going to go over the old thread in detail to see if anything matches structure wise but from the conversations that have happened so far it seems to be that Gorny knows more than he lets on - I'm not making a judgement on that yet just more a statement really

Also the quiet players still concern me - I would like to hear from them

I've been reading with interest others comments on what they think is going on I'm just wanting to survey the whole scene and pay attention early on to hopefully pick apart stories later.

Who are these "few"? I'm referring more to the first "few" (bolded) rather than the second "few".

I realise this is badly punctuated so I've corrected it.

Where'd you come up with Baal?

In D2 LOD Baal is the last one standing and the end game boss. This is a D2 themed game. I am not up to snuff on the Lore or anything like that and wasnt aware that Mephisto is the leader of the 3.

Ank, you realize this is a D2 themed game right? haha. Thinking "Baal" was apart of the mafia is 100% a legitimate line of thinking, wether he not is the "leader" is a different story, but as I said am thinking outside the box for no nk.

You seem to think that no nk is no big deal? it IS a big deal. it saved a townie. Mafia are the only ones who know who all the town members are and having another one alive is a BIG plus wether you think so or not.

Since you're all propably asleep or something, I'll just keep talking to myself. I checked the profiles for visits, a mistake some of us learned the hard way a few games ago, and the results are as follows.

Name of the profile owner / -> name of the recent visitor

Gorny -> not visible since he's a mod :banned03:
noodle -> bod trader
wickedswami -> x
es mors -> gorny
ankeli -> gorny
asrrin -> gorny
bad ash -> bod trader, es mors, gorny
thundercat -> x
essojay -> x
sdbramwell -> x
guardianhadriel -> krazeyivan
bod trader -> x
krazeyivan -> bod trader
laarz -> badash

Make what you will of that.

For me personally, and as always take this for what you will, but you have to remember that this is the 3rd mafia game we have played in the last 2 months, one of which I hosted, one of which Gorny hosted, and in Gornys game es mors and myself were apart the final 5. If you think I checked these profiles with evil in mind, that is at your discretion, but I can tell you that is not the truth.

es mors ==> bad ash

bad ash ==> laarz

hope i got em all

And this you got mixed up. in your first post you said Laarz visited me, and now you say I visited Laarz. I didnt visit Laarz so your post is incorrect

Why does Ba`al have to be the head of the 3 prime evils? Mephisto was the eldest and he could be the leader. We know Diablo is the wanderer and the story tells about the wanderer and two more companions, so why cant he be the leader ?

This is what I was getting at with Baal. anyone of them can be the leader, that is what I was stating, because again no nk can lead to several more no nk's if there is a leader IF it works that way.

Ankeli is doing a great job of getting the heat off of himself by pointing out everone elses potential mistakes which is very suspicious to me. Not enough yet to warrant a vote, but Ankeli, why do you think no nk is no big deal?

I work for a ridiculously long shift today so ill be back later tonight, will try to post some more thoughts before I leave though

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High