Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

Re: Forum Mafia Game: The Tomb known as Tristram

I meant that a role block was probably not likely for the result of the NK. USUALLY there isnt just "1" mafia member deciding nk's, so if one person was role blocked, the other guys should have still had the power to nk...

Yeah, I meant doc, obviously.

unless there's a mafia hitman (as there was in last game, according to TC) and he got blocked.
But I'm still guessing the mafia just didn't vote in time (because of the story)

As a newbie to this sort of thing - is no NK common?

In the few mafia games i've played here, NK has happened 2 or 3 times (can't really recall). So it does happen. It's kind of a stupid move from the mafia's though

I'm in. First thoughts have gotta be that no NK on night 1 is an epic fail on the mafia part and we've cought a break.

what if "Baal" is the leader of the mafia and in charge of the nk. he could have been blocked and hence no nk. that is a logical explanation, but of course just plain missing it is still an option

Well correct me if I'm wrong but this is good for us.
Any ideas for how are we going to proceed during todays "daylight"?

Wow, I leave for a few hours and already three pages! Noodle, congratulating a role on something you don't even know happened seems mighty suspicious. tell me why you are so quick to post that AND get the role wrong.

FoS on Noodle until he can defend his actions.

I'm going to guess on some of the roles here, seeing as it's themed. We have 14 people playing, so there is enough people to have one "hero" of every character class, either diablo I or II classes. so there could be three, five, or seven roles (depending on which game we are themed on.)

We know there are at least 3 mafia, and a good chance of being only three mafia (Three prime evils) But let's also not forget about Izual, Duriel, Andarial, Belial, and Azmodean. (not sure if I have the names all right) So there could be up to 7 mafia and a traitor (Izual)

I agree that at least one of the prime evils would be a Godfather type role, and if there are only three, bet on them having extra powers to compensate for thier numbers.

Diablo series has no third parties that I am aware of that are substantial to the game (Maybe Lich King?) but do not discount a third faction such as another mafia group or a cultist.

Now as to what happened in the night, I don't think it was a doc save, because there would be some hint at a healer type move in the text. I think it was a role block of some kind. The story clearly indicates that something was afoul during the night, yet no one died.

what if "Baal" is the leader of the mafia and in charge of the nk. he could have been blocked and hence no nk. that is a logical explanation, but of course just plain missing it is still an option

Are you suggesting a Godfather type role? That would seem to suggest mafia families. In a game this size Im not sure there. Possible factions and third parties maybe.

the best thing we can do is just be active, talk about the game, make assumptions. Then from how people react (are they active, are they evading answers, ...) we try to find out who is scum..
Let's hope one of them says something wrong and gets them caught...

also, a day 1 no-lynch seems to be worse for the town (there has been a lot of theorycrafting about this, read the wiki's if you're interested, so it's important that we find out as much as possible.

I don't think there have to be mafia families in order for their to be a mafia godfather. The power could just have been given out in order to give some extra power to the mafia.

Wow, I leave for a few hours and already three pages! Noodle, congratulating a role on something you don't even know happened seems mighty suspicious. tell me why you are so quick to post that AND get the role wrong.

FoS on Noodle until he can defend his actions.

Hey, I'm a friendly guy.

Actually, I'm at work, was heading into a meeting, and wanted to help get the conversation started. Given the NK, it appeared likely to me that a roleplayer friendly to the town was instrumental in protecting the mafia's target. So, I posted this interpretation and ran off to my meeting. Yeah, in my rush, I got the role wrong. Boo freaking hoo.

Re: the congratulations: I've never based the way I play the game on what some wiki page tells me I should or shouldn't do, and I'm not going to start now. If it appears to me that someone played their role well and to our benefit, I'll congratulate them. If it was due to mafia errors or lack of coodination, I'll make fun of them. (In a friendly way, consistent with the rules of the game and these forums, of course.)

Are you suggesting a Godfather type role? That would seem to suggest mafia families. In a game this size Im not sure there. Possible factions and third parties maybe.

possibly except minus the families. I dont think that necessarily there are families because we SHOULD have seen 1 nk if that was the case. In this case maybe there is just a ranking system. If Baal is in control of the kills of the 3 prime evils, and is killed then Diablo takes control of the kills, if D is then killed meph is then in control.

all 100% speculation, and im trying to find a reason for the NK other than a mis-step by the mafia which again, is still a possibility. just opening up reasons for what happened

we have a Tyrael I think.

Care to explain why you would think that? and also please explain why you think you know the theme name of whatever role you believe we have?

Care to explain why you would think that? and also please explain why you think you know the theme name of whatever role you believe we have?

random outloud thougt of the day.

I meant that a role block was probably not likely for the result of the NK. USUALLY there isnt just "1" mafia member deciding nk's, so if one person was role blocked, the other guys should have still had the power to nk...

The mafia themselves are usually put to have a hitman who sends out the kill if there's a role blocker involved, to you know, make him useful.

I'm in. First thoughts have gotta be that no NK on night 1 is an epic fail on the mafia part and we've cought a break.

Way to state the obvious. :thumbsup:

Where'd you come up with Baal?

Also, can you explain what exactly you meant by this? seems completely random, and a bit suspicious.

That comment was about Noodle's cop<->doc mixup, which not one but two people pointed out while I was typing my own message.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High