Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

New computer has arrived, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The old one finally died (my latest find of a Cham rune happened on a backup computer)... mainboard or CPU failed, all HDs fine, no data lost - phew! It was almost 6 years old, so it was time for a new one anyway. I think I have to brag a bit because I spent a lot of money for it:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Mainboard - ASUS Prime X370-Pro
RAM - 16 GB DDR4 2400MHz
Graphics - GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
HD - Samsung SSD 960 EVO (M.2), 500 GB

First impression: The SSD is small as my thumb, but oh my goodness, this beast is so INSANELY FAST!

I connected my data HDs and the DVD drive (no need for new ones), as well as my Firefox config, went perfectly. I'm not sure yet whether all emails eneded up in the right folders, however.

Regarding Diablo, this is an obscene amount of overkill, of course.

We need to invent an entirely new language that has no use other than for scientific pursuits. It could be taught in science classes as part of the curriculum, in all nations. Then misunderstandings caused by varied languages being co-mingled, relying on at least one multi-lingual individual to bridge gaps, could be minimized. Also, little oddities like prefix and suffix inconsistencies could be remedied.

IUPAC has done some good work standardising chemistry naming (ferrous becoming Iron (II), acetylene becoming ethyne, etc) but the common names still persist and persist hard. What I would like to see in a scientific search engine. If I want to research the food preservative benzoic acid for instance, I would like the search engine to filter out irrelevant stuff by people like "the rainbow unicorn wellness centre" telling me that food additives are the work of the devil. Google scholar is often too specific while Google books is inconsistent and incomplete.

krischan said:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Mainboard - ASUS Prime X370-Pro
RAM - 16 GB DDR4 2400MHz
Graphics - GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
HD - Samsung SSD 960 EVO (M.2), 500 GB
I don't know what a lot of that is, but looks good. Very jealous. Do AMD's still run hot like the old Athlons?

I didn't intend to change topic, just express frustration of now having to do a full re-install of the Baldur's Gate and all the mods/updates. :)

Keep the science measurements going!

@Drystan: You didn't prepare well then, you should have bought at least a few yottagrams of snacks and a few zettaliters of none alcoholic drinks to wash it all away.

I like the sound of those zettaliters. I had one rectangular prism of Shapes, and quickly realised if I was going to start binging, they wouldn't last long and I couldn't go to the shops part way through.

The good ole f*** load. Can be heavier or lighter than a f*** ton, but is still greater than a S*** load.

In ye old D&D (don't really know how it works now in 5E cause we do and try to keep it realistic) you can keep on stashing stuf away and only get encumbered which means you just go slower.
So as a halfling you can carry around a very heavy fuckton of goods and just be a little slower.

Thats with RAW instead of RAI.

Sigh. Took me at least an hour (while watching GoT,) and Baldurs Gate plus mods are all installed. And, it isn't the same as before.

"Jet'laya" has been renamed to "I don't think..." Uh, okay?!?
Minor settings have been changed, which are easily fixed.
Previously made characters have retained their levels, but lost so many experience points, due to changes in the exp cap, and previous ventures later into the expansions.
The map error I had last time has remained present...
And one of the features of the mods that is a must is now missing.

I did get to see a cool cutscene I don't think I've seen before.

Unfortunately, for a now obsolete game, there is very little adequate information. I know the map is a little buggy, as my area map (where I can travel to,) has a certain mod area a screen length scroll north, whereas a YT LP mod of the same level has the same area within sight of all the other maps.
Not sure whether to delete everything, and re-download all the mods, double checking all their versions, updates, fix patches, tweaks etc, or reinstall just the basic tweaks/mods, or just pretend it's all the same.

New computer has arrived, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Funny incidence: I just installed good old Rome Total War I Gold Edition from DVD (not from Steam), but it doesn't work because Win10 doesn't support the copy protection of the game. So I tried to register the game on Steam with the game keys from the DVD, in order to get it from there without the copy protection and without further cost. To my surprise, the game key worked - kind of. I got Medieval II + Kingdoms activated instead! Not quite what I wanted, but not a bad compensation :)

It'll always be in our hearts.

Another boring day at work. Yesterday was horrible. Destiny 2 came out so i had to wait until after work. Only a bit of an annoyance in itself. Only i had absolutely zero to do yesterday so i had all the time in the world to think about how long it would still be until i could play and that i could've just spend the whole day playing.

So far today mirrors yesterday. Hopefully something will come up. Otherwise it'll be another long, long day. At least there's some positive things on the horizon. Next week a got a week off. And at the end of the week after that i got a job interview which'll hopefully lead somewhere.

But for now i'm just counting down until i can go home and play some Destiny 2.

I'm busy updating documents and clients on how everything's going. And trying to keep my finances in check, which is annoying. I'll have to keep a tighter leash on when some people pay up.

I always knew I had a poor memory. I never knew it was actually corrupt.

After 2-3 months of blue screens, my tech guy diagnosed my pc with a memory problem. This was not the only problem as he was nowhere near me, and the solution was to take one of the memory bars out. I asked if I could do that. He said he thought I could. This was correct. What I neglected to ask was that, in case it goes wrong, if I am able to put a bar back in. Turns out, I can't.

What happened next was that I had to phone someone in to put the memory back in. The corrupted memory is now out and so far - fingers crossed - it seems to be ok.

It has been really quiet lately. Maybe we should throw a party?

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves tea

*serves bourbon

*serves water

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High