Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Woohooo. Just finished DA:I. Despite the sometimes annoying bugs a great game and well worth the money i spend.

Finished it with my mage (knight enchanter) at what passes as 'normal' difficulty (2 out of 4). Knight enchanter is so powerful it kinda lost challenge. But still the story is great. And the story is left with lots of loose ends so i can totally see them coming up with another Dragon Age.

Now at least the mesmerizing grip it had is slightly looser. Still got to finish it on the highest difficulty. Probably with a rogue (either dual dagger or bow). But i think i'm ready to play some D2 in between again.

Oh and also: crap. Tomorrow holiday has ended and i'm back at work. Boooo!

Hey if you think thats sad watch this
People in a gas station and the guy that works there.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

NSFW language but if you have to cry or laugh I laugh.
:D

Oh and also: crap. Tomorrow holiday has ended and i'm back at work. Boooo!

I know how you feel I am on my way to work now :(

I don't know what's happening in that video...

Happy Birthday, bandie!

*ignites fuse on party cannon*
*seeks cover under sofa*

Happy bday barbie

*party cannon explodes balloons, streamers and cupcakes*

So, anyone got any motivation, or ideas, for any SPiFies? Personally, I have none, and think that it was too quiet this year, but it'd be sad IMO for it not to be thought about. :(

My parents are staying with me. And they are so much worse than I remembered and they are far worse than my ex. The ex really did rescue me from them. And I'm pretty convinced now that their nastiness set my marriage up for failure. I'm not saying we would have stayed married if they had been sweet as pie, but they really didn't help and they went a long way towards making the ex so angry and resentful. Now they're trying to do the same thing with my BF but he's not falling for it. He's standing by my side and being nice to them. My father was making fun of me under his breath to him and he ignored it. I had said something about ordering large vs small portions of Chinese food and my father said "she's a large portion." I didn't hear it, BF told me. When we were leaving my son's piano recital, at 1:30pm when I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, I ate pita chip getting onto the elevator and my mother snarled "STOP IT!" I was staggered. I said stop what? "STOP EATING!" She was enraged with me for eating because I'm "so fat" and she's "so distressed and so concerned" and "she's a doctor and my doctors haven't mentioned my weight because they just know that some patients won't hear it." I'm simply not fat. I'm not skinny, but no way am I big enough for anyone to be "so distressed" that they yell at me out of nowhere.

They are unbearable. They want me to be alone and they always have. They made my BF sit down and have BIG TALK about how I need space and I've had my ex in my head for so long. They've done this to every single man I've ever been with - had the BIG TALK about how the guy has to back off and I need space and blah and blah. They do their best to drive anyone away from me. Neither of them have real friends and they treat the people in their life like garbage. My mother has no friends at all of her own and never has. My father has friends but he treats them so badly. He hasn't spoken to his own brother in years and he won't speak to his brother's children either - and they had nothing to do with whatever it is he's mad about.

Do I really deserve this? Does helping me get away from a horrible marriage mean that they own me and they can yell at me whenever they want? Am I nothing more than a slave? I had really forgotten how horrible my mother is. She's called me the C word, she's called me the B word, she's yelled at me for sleeping, she's withheld food from me, she's yelled at me for putting myself out for my friends ... It's horrible. I feel so triangulated by horrible people. Parents on one side and ex on the other. And I'm frantically trying to get free of all 3 of them so I can live my own life and breathe and be at peace and not be yelled at for liking the wrong kind of music or the wrong TV show or for not laughing at people.

They leave on Saturday. So yet again I am trapped in my own house and trying to get through time. How much of my life has slipped away because I was trying to get through time until I could be in a place where I could breathe? I feel like I can't do it anymore.

At least I'm back at work, and you can bet I'm scheduling all kinds of things after work. Maybe I can avoid seeing them entirely until I take them to the airport. There will probably be another Big Talk at some point then too.

Did they invite themselves? I'd say if they're terrible people and you can't stand them then just cut them out of your life. Good luck for while they're still there

Sorry but i'm gonna keep making fun of you, whether you are fat, skinny or something in between. :p

And on a more serious note: Why letting them stay if you dislike them so much? You're old enough to kick them out.

They helped me move out of the ex's house. They gave me a lot of money to do so. I wouldn't be able to live where I am, on my own with my son, if they hadn't done that. I'd be living with roommates or really far away. So I owe them for helping me get away from him.

But what do I owe them? How much do I owe them? Do I owe them so much that they can treat me like total garbage?

They helped me move out of the ex's house. They gave me a lot of money to do so. I wouldn't be able to live where I am, on my own with my son, if they hadn't done that. I'd be living with roommates or really far away. So I owe them for helping me get away from him.

But what do I owe them? How much do I owe them? Do I owe them so much that they can treat me like total garbage?
Nope. You owe them respect when it's due, but it's absurd to think of accepting help and money as reason enough to be trampled on.

I read your longer post and it sounds somewhat familiar. As you know I too have an ex who took me away from horrible parents (although mine were never swearing, just.....unpleasant and bitter) but unlike you I have a nice ex. If I'd not been able to make it financially I think he'd have lend me money, knowing how disastrous it would be for me to lend money from my parents.

My parents know I'm not making a lot of money, even though I told 'm of last years raise. They've kept giving me money, or tried to offer money. I've told them before I don't like their conditions. They now claim the money they gave - over a year ago - was the same they gave my sister for christmas and her birthday. I frowned but told 'm that this then counts as a gift and they mustn't try to hold their gift against me.

Are you in any position where you can say that at some point you'll pay them back? Or not tell them and pay them back? I was in a dependent position on my parents once, but now, I never ask them for anything anymore. I don't even let them pick me up from the station when I have to visit them for a family thing - I'll rather walk. It stings them, and it gives out a very clear message. But your situation may be entirely different, and by all means it sounds rotten and very tough and I can only hope your next Christmas and New Year will be completeley different.

Once the divorce is final and done, my father is going to sign the house over to me and it will be mine. The point is that he has given me my inheritance early - before they are dead - when it will do me some good. They did a good thing. But their treatment of me is evil, as it always was. Evil people used money to do a good thing. And I was in desperate straits. I had no money and my ex was giving me nothing. I had nowhere to go where I could safely bring my son. My ex was already trying to keep my son, so if I'd moved into a house in a different or worse neighborhood with roommates ... he'd have had an excellent case against me. They did a good thing. But they are brutal to me. They are horrible and hateful and evil to me. They try to drive away everyone who loves me and they try to isolate me and make me be alone.

But it won't last forever. The divorce will eventually be done, he'll sign it over, and nature will take care of the rest. I hate to say it. But they've been a blight on my life and this is just about the only good thing they've ever done for me.

As long as they don't hold the early inheritance against you, they will soon be out of your life too should you decide to.
My parents are all about the money, I can give you a few terrifying examples that nearly got my sister in trouble (not me, I'm not having enough income to be in trouble) but the nicest is usually their saying that I am only after their money, which is an amazing statement given that I've never asked for money.

I once told them where they can stuff their money.
Fortunately, they did have a cellar.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High