Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Me too!

I've already started to be a nervous wreck. Suitcases are packed though and now it's just BBQ for dinner and cleaning the house to be done before we leave at 4am tomorrow. Got a friend to move in and look after house and cat for the two weeks we're gone, so gotta get the house in a tidy state.

*wine please*
*cuddles*

oh and *cuddles* :D

Moar and Zokar going on a holiday at exactly the same time? I think it's a scam and they're eloping together. Moar it's not nice to take away our BBQ food!

Some changes happening at work. Last week i was asked to become the test lead / coördinator for a couple of projects (added to my current work). Earlier this week, before i even really got around to picking that up, they expanded that by asking me to do this for all maintenance projects (which i think are about 10-15 systems). I have exactly zero experience doing that and now soo many projects at once. :crazyeyes: So much for easing into it.

Not really the direction i wanted to take, but i guess it's better than having nothing to do all day. I KNOW my manager will be very happy because last week, the day before i got asked to do this he was asking me if there were opportunities for me to do exactly this. The day after, when i got asked, i got the strong urge to phone him to ask if he had anything to do with it. Just seemed too much of a coincidence.

We'll see how this goes. At least the project managers here seem to have a great deal of confidence in me. Let's hope i can live up to it (and if i have done it for a while and proven i can, i think it'll be time to talk about some kind of raise ;)).

Edit: Some more funny translations. I think (hope) i didn't post these before.

Last edited:
Here's to being single, drinking doubles, and seeing triple.:guiness:

But I caught a couple of nice trout and I still have my seven days teaching over winter.

Double Post!!!

I've just heard that the long awaited edit we had been expecting at work occurred last week. It was not my chemistry unit, but it was the microbiology unit in the qualification. That's very close to being me being dragged across the coals. I really think all this audit crap is just middle managers trying to prove that they aren't a waste of space.

You need a herring to go slap people and chop down large trees in the forest with, I don't have a clou what trouts are used for.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High