Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Yes Dry, I wasn't even remotely chuffed or pleased that maybe I've still got it. And they were *very* polite about it. :)

Goldtru said:
Yes Dry, I wasn't even remotely chuffed or pleased that maybe I've still got it. And they were *very* polite about it. :)
I imagine it's a mixed bag, depending on person, situation etc. I don't really know, but I imagine that for many, it would be unwelcome and offensive, but for others/situation, it may be a /nice compliment/ or nice to think others like ones appearance. I don't know if I were female, but I don't think I'd like the whole whistling/tooting attention.

What do you mean as quoted above? No half-truth or semi-sarcasm please; I think I'm getting slightly mixed in text. :)
Chuffed = annoyed / bothered / negative
Pleased = pleased / enjoyed / positive

"wasn't even remotely chuffed or pleased"

Also, what is "polite" whistling/tooting verse impolite? How do you mean with t hat?

Not intended to be rude, although, I admit my wording is a bit awkward - in part, I expected ******* to be censored. And yes, I do believe GT added a bit of tongue-in-cheek/half truth in her comment - hence her tongue smiley at the end.
I was just joking :p

Haha... I was somewhat getting lost in the amount of half-truths and sarcasm that was being implied in text, so wasn't sure how serious it was. Sometimes people can be offended by something unintentional, and as said, I believe my first comment was awkward to begin with, and I think it could have been taken out of intended context. :D

All good. :p

Everybody WANTS to be appreciated, it is how the appreciation is showed that can cause offence.

"You are looking quite lovely today, have you done something with your hair?" - OK
"Cor, looks at those ....." - not so much!

Haha. Sorry. I'm being very coy. They tooted the horn as though it were someone I knew and then one of them made a very soft "whoo" noise and smiled at me. With everything that had been going on in my life lately, this was a nice reminder that I'm not completely beaten to a pulp and there might be some life in me yet. So yes, I was quite pleased about it. It is surprising that they did it so politely. They clearly intended no disrespect. I've been on the receiving end of the other kind and it's horrible, but this was akin to "My, you look lovely today!" Which is nice to hear when you don't feel particularly lovely.
:)

So I should stop saying look at those melons when I see something like this?
square_watermelon.jpg

Certainly not. Those melons are worth a second glance. I thought they only existed on the Simpsons.

I'm so exhausted. Let me drown my sorrows in a dark corner of the bar. *drowns self in tequila bath

Look at all the fun stuff that good on when I leave for two days!
By the way, GT, I'm sure you look marvelous EVERY day.
I know I do.
*orders a round of drinks*

Maybe you should transfer to blizzard and test their software before it goes out to its users, maube with you in the lead D3 wouldn't have been the embarrasment it was when it launched, its still not where it is supposed to be but its closer.

If it's a game(genre) that you like it seems like a fun job to have. From what i've seen from D3 i'm not sure that's the case though. Considering how many different builds i've done in D2 i guess i have tested quite a bit of that ;). It's impossible to see every possible situation though.

My weekend ended on a low note. Neighbour stood at my door last evening saying i should check out my car. As it turns out my hubcaps are stolen somewhere during the weekend (and hers as well). Whoever did this is lucky i didn't catch them doing so. Have to file a police report for insure. Not like they'll ever find them back.

I'll add that to the perks of not having a car: - hubcaps can't be stolen

First week back at work and its a short one, only 3 days.

That may be one of the few advantages of not having a car. Public transportation sucks here and it only gets worse.

Also 3 days this week. :highfive:

I need to get my car repaired, but I can't do that until I go home. I'm still on campus, working on my application to grad school.
...Monday already? Goodness, I need a drink. But, a day of everything is a good thing.

Only hump day on wednesday or every 28th of the month or only when the 28th of the month is a wednesday or only 28 may or only when 28 may is a wednesday? I hope for you you get more humps then only on wednesday.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High