Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

The mouse from yesterday is apparently still alive and in our living room. Couldn't catch it when spotting it, and useless cat was outside. Cat is inside now and mouse is probably under the couch, but useless cat is rather eating than trying to catch cute little mouse. Door is open, but mouse is probably too scared to run that way. Will have to name him/her tomorrow if he/she takes up residency.

*wine please*

*cheese for the poor little mouse please*

*cuddles*

Why would it have been better to use the original text? Explain in great detail please.

Go mouse go, defeat that cat!

I bet you would like that. Not gonna do that though. Much too afraid that Dry would throw me in between the weeds to burn.

Yes, yes I'd like that, wait till its weekend then he doesn't have to go burn weed. Well maybe he does but not in such a big scale then I guess. So no need to worry to be thrown in with them.

I am drinking cherry coke with some leftover rum! Sweet.

SKJOLDE HI

I
met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C-O-L-A COLA

[youtube]hHSTEn1e1N8[/youtube]

Just read a hilarious news piece. Apparently the Pentagon has a made studie of how to defend against zombie attacks. And that's not all. They have taken all kinds of scenarios into account. Even attacks by chicken zombies, vegetarian zombies (i'm guessing they only eat greengrocers? :scratchchin:) and 'evil magic zombies'.

Maybe they've been watching a bit too much of 'The walking dead'? At least American tax payers can be sure their money is well spend. :D

Funny coincidence: I'm in the middle of reading World war Z (already seen the movie) which is about...zombies!

Would you recommend the Book Cyrax? In my own opinion, the movie was kinda so-so.

I was looking forward to reading the book. In most cases where i both watched the movie and read the book, i preferred the latter. Personally i thought the move was pretty decent, so i had good hopes for the book (despite it being a bit on the thin side for me).

Right now i think i'm just over half way. The writer has used an unusual way of telling the story. You get small parts of the story from lots of different people who have been interviewed. So about every 5 pages you swap to a different person and get a whole different story. At first that really bothered me. Imo the story lacks a nice flow because of that. On the other hand it may just be an acquired taste. When i got about half way i did notice that it didn't bother me that much anymore. It's still not the way i would've written it, but at least i was getting more of a feel for the story.
And with all those short stories you have to really keep an eye open for the big picture. Because if you're not careful you tend to really zoom in on that persons part of the war and forget about how the big picture develops.

To sum it up: Is it a bad book? No. Not the greatest i've read by a long shot, but certainly not bad either if you can stand the way it's written. Would i recommand it? Also a no there. As i said, it's decent, but by no means great.
Since you seemed to like the movie less then i did, i think you may want to skip this as there's enough really good books out there.

Books? I'm currently reading Why I became an Atheist: A former preacher rejects Christianity which is interesting but a but of a slow read for me. The author was on his way to a PhD in theology (or something similar, on the way to becoming a christian apologetic) so he knows all of the philosophical mumbo jumbo normal people don't :p

Next in line I have Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark and then The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch, sequel to The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas Under Red Skies. Stupid school/games are getting in the way, though.

So I kinda have a day with nothing to do, and I thought: "Skjolde, you should watch some awesome movies!".

So I guess I'm asking for any recommendations. I'm kinda in the mood for everything, it could be drama or it could be a superhero movie!

BRB getting candy

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High