Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I thought you typically want to be carrying the weight on your hips not your shoulders. Shoulders = bad because it compresses your spine, back sounds bad as well. My experience comes from long hikes, normally when hiking the aim is to have all the weight carried by the waist strap (directly onto the hips). The shoulder straps are more for keeping the load against your back and thus center of gravity close to your body.

The packs we use are in no way ideal. Hence the stretching and strengthening at the first sign of pain. But the pain from the pack yesterday was definitely not hips - it was lower back, when I'd usually be fine.

Day two went by fine (got some nice pics I'll put up when I have time,) but I can't complain now. We finished over an hour late today, and I was informed that there were basically no reasons they would pay overtime. However, I just checked my email, and got my pay slip, which has an extra hour added on. Sweet. :) I'm happy with that, and we generally won't be finishing so late. The reason today was different was because of the photos I'll take from my camera and post shortly.

Last edited:
Those pics from Drystan are a LIE! They are invalid!

The cake is true, what the cake says might be a lie, so if the cake says cake the cake might be a lie.

Sucks to be your wall then nix.

Seriously? That's what I get for trying to post the pictures on the forum database... Back to photobucket, and not trying to use new things. Here they are:

Fire.jpg

Fire2.jpg

Fire3.jpg

I presume that was not intended?

Helluva first day, Dry - setting fire to Australia and all.

I need something good to happen. I need to get a job, I need lots of things, so I'm not sitting here brooding. Kind of sucks when you want to change every single thing about your life but the rest of the world isn't letting you.

Looks like it could be a problem, but I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure nature will find a way... eventually... hmmmm

Lulz. I haven't posted anything pony-related in ages! Because there hasn't been anything new pony-related. And I bet you didn't even watch it, BPC. But you would've liked it. :)

I did watch it and it had no relevance to anything, it was average :mad:

I feel like a bad person today, but I totally feel at peace. Made a good decision I think, and only 8 days til vacation!

*wine please*

*cuddles*

Edit: The cutest thing (if you are not afraid of mice) just happened. Cat went out and chased a little mouse in after a couple of minutes. Mouse hid in golf shoes for a while but has now moved on to the living room. Cat is now watching the couch intensly. I think the mouse will survive the encounter and we'll have to let it out tomorrow. Hope it survies that long and doesn't **** too much. I root for the mouse!

Edit 2: Cat won. He finally got it and went outside with it lukily.I like that better than presenting it to us. He's due for another parasite treatment anyway and I do think he'll get that before holiday...

Edit 3: Cat came back still playing with the half dead mouse. We closed the door to the living room this time. Cats are cruel! Can hear him playing with it.

Edit4: Checked on the cat now and he is without the mouse. Still looking for it though, but mouse has escaped it seems. Yay mouse!

Last edited:
Pub crawlin' again, Bob? Are you picking up chicks or pickling yourself? Both perhaps?

Me? Oh, there's been a spambot shortage lately. Feeling a bit bored. Who's the bartender here? Is there even a bartender? Um, can I get a Black Label, neat please? Anybody?

EDIT: Well, except for the [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE] five I just threw to the squid, but those were just the softball types. The sort that suck so bad that they can't even manage to post before being spotted. No sport there; none at all.

And you know, it's been so... harmonious around here lately too. Everybody getting along and hugging and all that lovey dovey crap. *reads up a bit* Ugh, seems even the cats and mice have made peace with each other. Pretty soon there'll be a bot doing my job. Figures. This isn't a no-smoking bar is it?

Last edited:
I presume that was not intended?

Oddly enough, it was. I didn't expect it to get that high, but we had two hoses from the rig (shown in picture 3) with something like 800 litres of water. The picture doesn't show it well, but there's a few meters wide section around the burn area that was cleared, and watered down prior to burning. There were no real events of fire escape, and if there were, we had the hoses to douse them before they got out of hand.

Helluva first day, Dry - setting fire to Australia and all.

I need something good to happen. I need to get a job, I need lots of things, so I'm not sitting here brooding. Kind of sucks when you want to change every single thing about your life but the rest of the world isn't letting you.

Yep, But second day. :) Still a pretty neat second day, and something we don't do every day.
*offers cuddles*

Me? Oh, there's been a spambot shortage lately. Feeling a bit bored. Who's the bartender here? Is there even a bartender? Um, can I get a Black Label, neat please? Anybody?

EDIT: Well, except for the [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE] five I just threw to the squid, but those were just the softball types. The sort that suck so bad that they can't even manage to post before being spotted. No sport there; none at all.

And you know, it's been so... harmonious around here lately too. Everybody getting along and hugging and all that lovey dovey crap. *reads up a bit* Ugh, seems even the cats and mice have made peace with each other. Pretty soon there'll be a bot doing my job. Figures. This isn't a no-smoking bar is it?

*secretly hides banned materials*
I haven't reported that spambot for a while too. :( Good job, Dredd! We thank you for shoo'ing it away.
Bandie is the regular bartender at the moment. He appears to just offer drinks and then disappear again. Until he appears though, feel free to grab whatever you want.

*ensures transactions are still going through Durf's card*

Australia is on fire, we don't need no water, let down under burn!
Was that what you where thinking at the time ?

I presume the point of fire was as a form of weed control?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High