Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Dude, what am I returning to..? In response to my old posts, I was compensated nut with money, but with extra credit for a class, yay spiders and snakes.
Almost done with classes, and I might make the dean's list just in time for graduation.

My wife watches Eurovision every year and every year the news gives away who's won before she can watch it!

Somebody in Australia watches that? *baffled* Must be at an inconvinient time. Starting 9pm here. It's a shame though that the news ruin it for your wife! But I am amazed that the news in Australia would have that as a news. Always thought Eurovision was completely stupid little European event which the rest of the world laughed about. ;)

Played Bridge again tonight and it went 200% better than my skill level would suggest again. So I got another date for next Sunday. Really just waiting for when it crashes, but going to enjoy it while it lasts.

*wine please*

*cuddles*

i remember vaguely that there was someone looking for a 4 socket armor with an orange color modifier...can´t remember who though. maybe one of u guys does as i just found and stored one

God damn it with the ponies.
Qft
Somebody in Australia watches that? *baffled* Must be at an inconvinient time. Starting 9pm here. It's a shame though that the news ruin it for your wife! But I am amazed that the news in Australia would have that as a news. Always thought Eurovision was completely stupid little European event which the rest of the world laughed about. ;)

Played Bridge again tonight and it went 200% better than my skill level would suggest again. So I got another date for next Sunday. Really just waiting for when it crashes, but going to enjoy it while it lasts.

*wine please*

*cuddles*
Yeah people watch it, I think mostly to laugh at the euros.

Somebody in Australia watches that? *baffled* Must be at an inconvinient time.

It is delay telecasted. It shows on Sunday evening here, so at least 12 hours later.

Actually it has a fairly big following here and not just with ex-pats.

What the hell did I just watch? Pony and the devil fighting anime style?

Pretty much.

that... was... AWESOME!!!!

^ //tencharz//

Is that a quote? It sounds like it could be, but can't pinpoint it. But yeah, it was. :D

God damn it with the ponies.

Lulz. I haven't posted anything pony-related in ages! Because there hasn't been anything new pony-related. And I bet you didn't even watch it, BPC. But you would've liked it. :)

How was your first day dry?

Heh, it was pretty good. I mean, I like being outdoors again, but the site was pretty uncontrolled. It was the first time this company had done monthly maintenance works, so I couldn't expect the vegetation to be neat or clean.
I don't like the nozzles they use though, but I'll just have to get used to it (sprays in a small circle, not in a line - just means you have to target each plant and not just sweep lines over them. I only have like 2.5 months guarenteed work with them anyway, so I can suffer a bit there.

One thing that did bother me was the backpacks they use, since that is the main equipment which will be consistently used. I don't know exactly what it is, but they were uncomfortable. IE:
Job 1 - use Backpack #1
Job 2 (last job) use Backpack #2
This job use Backpack #1.

I don't know if it was that I haven't worn any backpack for the past 2.5-3 months, but these seem to carry the weight on the lower back and not the shoulders. When going from Job 1 to Job 2, I recall feeling like the Backpack #2 was heavier (more solid/metal parts,) but generally more comfortable. Perhaps it just distributed the weight better, or prevented the contents from sloshing back and forth more - dunno.
Basically, I'm just going to be doing core and back excercises and stretches to strengthen them. Either way, It's not like I'm in dept or anything to the company, nor am I likely to stay with them for long (even if I do get offered more work,) so I'll take it day by day.

But yeah, overall pretty good. Day went by pretty quickly, which is a BIG change to doing documentation. :D And the people are nice.

How's your start to the week been?

Not so fun, alarm went of at 5:45 to get to the hospital in time, want to know why read the DooL.

*reads DooL*

*cuddles kamap* :(

Can't say much more, but you have our support and thoughts. It's been a long road for you two.

If I was to go into acadamea i'd skip a masters. Masters seems like a pointless waste of time to me :)

It's a conspiracy!
I'm more or less doing this, but I'm transferring from MSc program into PhD after 1 yr.. this will be much easier to do than if I tried to start in PhD from BSc.. I think they would expect higher grades and probably published research, too.
Masters is like you don't want to go into the real world yet, so here's an easy excuse to not for a couple of years.
truths

Also, interesting article, Nix! In hindsight I guess jumping should be a very obvious tell...

Heh, it was pretty good. I mean, I like being outdoors again, but the site was pretty uncontrolled. It was the first time this company had done monthly maintenance works, so I couldn't expect the vegetation to be neat or clean.
I don't like the nozzles they use though, but I'll just have to get used to it (sprays in a small circle, not in a line - just means you have to target each plant and not just sweep lines over them. I only have like 2.5 months guarenteed work with them anyway, so I can suffer a bit there.

One thing that did bother me was the backpacks they use, since that is the main equipment which will be consistently used. I don't know exactly what it is, but they were uncomfortable. IE:
Job 1 - use Backpack #1
Job 2 (last job) use Backpack #2
This job use Backpack #1.

I don't know if it was that I haven't worn any backpack for the past 2.5-3 months, but these seem to carry the weight on the lower back and not the shoulders. When going from Job 1 to Job 2, I recall feeling like the Backpack #2 was heavier (more solid/metal parts,) but generally more comfortable. Perhaps it just distributed the weight better, or prevented the contents from sloshing back and forth more - dunno.
Basically, I'm just going to be doing core and back excercises and stretches to strengthen them. Either way, It's not like I'm in dept or anything to the company, nor am I likely to stay with them for long (even if I do get offered more work,) so I'll take it day by day.

But yeah, overall pretty good. Day went by pretty quickly, which is a BIG change to doing documentation. :D And the people are nice.

How's your start to the week been?

I thought you typically want to be carrying the weight on your hips not your shoulders. Shoulders = bad because it compresses your spine, back sounds bad as well. My experience comes from long hikes, normally when hiking the aim is to have all the weight carried by the waist strap (directly onto the hips). The shoulder straps are more for keeping the load against your back and thus center of gravity close to your body.

I'm more or less doing this, but I'm transferring from MSc program into PhD after 1 yr.. this will be much easier to do than if I tried to start in PhD from BSc.. I think they would expect higher grades and probably published research, too.

truths

Also, interesting article, Nix! In hindsight I guess jumping should be a very obvious tell...

Ah interesting. I know a friend of mine that started two PHDs, but both had funding cut and turned into masters, so he has two useless masters ....

Most people think that mmorpg means Massive Mutliplayer Online Role Playing Game, when it actually means Many Men Online Role Playing Girls!

Most people think that mmorpg means Massive Mutliplayer Online Role Playing Game, when it actually means Many Men Online Role Playing Girls!
Well you know what they say girls on the internet are a lie. Cake is the truth though!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High