Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Only thing to know about whiskey is, if you like the taste and like to drink it, the price / name / origin / ... doesn't matter.
Only thing to know about politics is, no one will ever know enough about politics to do it correctly.

I don't drink or care for whisk(e)y, and I don't talk politics. But I've got far too sensible shoes to be girly. So what the hell am I?

Stuff... :(

So, this is why I don't really want kids. At an easter family gathering, and being a vegetarian, I was served some quiche with spinach among other things. Quite nice mind you - Not the most amazing/spectacular/unbeatable thing that meat eaters would probably be used to, but very nice. I could definitely go for more, but nearly finished most of the quiche off alone to begin with. Quite filling, and I'll usually keep eating if there's food in front of me. I wouldn't expect kids to eat it though.
My young cousin (before school age) is a bit of a fussy eater, but decided to eat the spinach quiche as well. Possible because I was eating it (those who are around kids know how they can be.)
And I'd be very happy if my kid were eating spinach! I probably wouldn't've eaten it as a kid. It wasn't a big piece, but it was still something.

But my uncle (the kids dad,) wanted her to eat vegetables, and poured some peas/corn/carrot onto her plate. Obviously, fussy eater and all, she objected. I cried inwardly, because she began (after nearly finishing a piece of spinach quiche,) objecting to eating - bread, vegetables, quicke, everything. She finished her spinach quiche, and I was happy. How often do kids eat spinach, let alone how good it is for you! But didn't touch the vegetables. Yeah...

So, my easter was good, but tiring. Just a family lunch.

How was everyone elses? How is it going if you're in the middle of it?

As I keep my family well at a distance, no quiche for me. I'm having a quiet Sunday morning listening to radio (the unbelievable truth).

You've got a point though about fussing with fussy eaters. It's not the reason I don't want children though.

I went over to my sister's place for an Easter BBQ and I ate for too much. Four generations of us and we had a great time.

Nice. Good read!

As I keep my family well at a distance, no quiche for me. I'm having a quiet Sunday morning listening to radio (the unbelievable truth).

You've got a point though about fussing with fussy eaters. It's not the reason I don't want children though.

I can't understand how others feel, but with me: I don't have time for myself, let alone someone who wants my attention 24/7. I completely respect those who can and do, but from a personal point... I don't feel I could manage my time, work and relaxation, let alone add someone that requires all of my time and attention. It's one of the interesting parts of life though, and all the respect and admiration to those who can find a balance (even if it may be unbalanced.)

I hope you have a nice, relaxing sunday, Vivi. <3

Dry, sounds to me like it's not kids you object to - it's parents.
Bwahahaha! I believe Pharphis and I both enjoyed that comment. Log in to hamachi, please! Quite possibly true though.
Personally, if my child were eating spinach, I wouldn't complain. It's something I wouldn't eat as a kid, and yet is very healthy for us. As long as they're eating spinach and other vegetables in quiche in one meal, I'd be okay. It may not be the best (but it's still very good!), most balanced thing, but it's a hell of a lot better than pushing all food away and objecting (as was the case as soon as the extra veges [which weren't eaten] were pushed upon her.) In this case, I was happy she was happily eating the spinach quiche, and mentally cried when he was pushing straight vege's (to her outcries) onto her plate. The outcome was pretty clear IMO, but yeah, I won't invest too heavily in a situation like this, although, I will comment how she's eating spinache quiche, and to try to encourage that! :/
But I just don't see how I could have a child who requires all of my time, when I feel I don't have enough time to relax/focus as it is. I respect those who do push through the struggles with raising children, but don't feel that I could. I don't know - it's very different experiences for everyone. I enjoy playing with my cousins, and then handing them back to their parents at the end of the day. :)

Yeah, it's the same for me. I am not willing to commit myself to a child fully and that is one of the terms and conditions you sign up for if you have children. Some don't think this through and have 'm anyways, and while this doesn't always lead to impending disaster, in some cases it does.
And then I'm also genetically challenged. There's a high percentage chance that any child I have will suffer what I have. I can't even bear to have a partner and having him putting up with all that (I don't have the patience myself and don't expect anyone else to have it), let alone passing it onto an innocent child.

Kids don't want your attention 24/7. It's not good for them once they are past the infant/toddler stage and even then, you are allowed to have a life. I frankly find moms who do everything with their kids to be creepy and overbearing. I personally loathe playing little boy games to the point where it's better for everyone if I say no. But my kid is healthy and clothes and has toys and is doing well.

Plus, that's what video games and tv are for. :p

Is that why you are here? Because you're parents got sick of you? :p
That's basically why I've been in the internet for the last decade.

I guess it's only natural that I only recognize a couple of the names around these parts. It's certainly been a while.
Another glorious returnee eh? Get something to drink and maybe some snacks ye old fart.

Kids don't want your attention 24/7. It's not good for them once they are past the infant/toddler stage and even then, you are allowed to have a life. I frankly find moms who do everything with their kids to be creepy and overbearing.
^pretty much this. But the first year or so is tough, though.

As I keep my family well at a distance, no quiche for me. I'm having a quiet Sunday morning listening to radio (the unbelievable truth)
Where I live, there's a tradition of holding somewhat family reunions around Easter on the graves of our grands and great-grands - to clean the graves of fallen leaves and stuff. I usually go and take care of that a week before the event just to avoid encountering my relatives. So I know that feel, bro.

eating spinach
*pukes quietly in the corner*
*hides the mess with a rug*
*grabs a bottle of wine and pulls the cork out with teeth*

Mornin bar!

I went over to my sister's place for an Easter BBQ and I ate for too much. Four generations of us and we had a great time.
I was Grandpa and everyone came here.
Pool party, I made 4 full racks of Baby Back Ribs and Kids made carne asada and Guests brought huge potluck of Drinks, Deserts and side Dishes selection , egg hunt, pool party and Jacuzzi and Castle type Bouncer in front yard.

:D

I'm partied out.

Ok. Time for some parenting.
*grabs naran by the scruff of his neck
Look what you did! That's VERY BAD!
*gives him a shake
Now don't drink that shake until you clean up your mess. BAD naran!!!

If I ate my poop will I die recursively? I'll run out of nutrients at some point right? I just don't want to implode.... :crazyeyes:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High