Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Wife's home from her first day back at work. lets see, they were doing everything wrong, too much had changed in 11 months, she hates her new boss. i didnt do the house work properly.

then i got in trouble for going and giving plasma like i do today every fortnight.

I told her, she didnt listen, now i have to cop this nonsense. some days i love marriage

Also my replica hammer is coming along nicely (which i also got in trouble for building, even though she's known of its existence for months) just got to wait for the topmost coat of paint to dry then i can add my hessian sacking to the handle and itll be sweet.

Sometimes Marriage Can Be A Real Pain, Especially When Your Spouse takes Everything Out On You!

Going To Go Meet With Another Lawyer Today, I Think I Am In The Wrong Business, $200 An Hour Is A Lot Of Money!

I Think I May Need To Take Out A Loan From Durf, He Seems To Be Pretty Well Off To Be Buying All This Dew. That Reminds me...

*Dew Please*

I agree, $200 an hour is not a bad wicket at all.

I was worried about some of the kiwis I knew hung out around the SPF with the recent eathquake and I just had to come in and check on you people. Then I started reading *Sigh* I did go back to about post 3000 and read a bit.... but I will admit it wasn't to the previous point I'd read to (oh nos I missing some EMB posts!) you guys spam more than FB.

Now for me to rehash things I'd missed! :p FG stinks, it did from the start. It was a knock off of the Simpsons, and not even the good parts, just a lame parody of the sterotypes and some slap stick mixed with potty humor. It tried too hard and failed royaly. Not unlike MadTV. There was a reason to cancel them both.

corax married I vaguly seem to recall hearing, but a daddy!? a much belated congrats. (My little man will be 18 months soon, forget climbing he's running. How can some one grow too fast and not fast enough at the same time?) Goltar grew a beard to keep his face warm this winter, but when he answered the door last week with two small children the sales lady asked "are your parents home?" It's not the beard or the youth that makes you seem evil, it's just you ;D

p.s. you still a butcher?

@pman you SOOOO jinxed us (3 days in a row, nearly a foot of snow, and more next week) and I wasn't even reading it! that's some powerful jinx man... But I will still get you one of the lovely old fashioned M.Dew's they're making near us with *gasp* real cane sugar (it's so sweet it'll hurt your teeth.)

Beer is NASTY. There are so many boozes that taste better if one is going to drink. Vanilla extract for one (betcha didn't know it's 35% by volume!). Really, beer's purpose is to 1. preserve the calories in grain which will otherwise rot and make you sick over winter and 2. kill microbes in water. So unless you don't have a way to get fresh food in winter/store your crops or are drinking sewer water, it's silly. And DON'T get me started on light beer. That's just an offense to nature, science, God, man, you name it.

@ahcw: you extended the age just a little to much. The 30 years olds are okay, barely, it's the ones born 1981 or maybe late 1980 and onward that are the worst. I know, the grade behind us was so bad I still remember the teachers talking about it (they'd come into the library to gossip with each other while I was in the back room filing and pulling magazines.)

SIDHE! I have cookies :)

On behalf of the Nevada tourism board I invite you all to Carson City, Nevada next Halloween for the annual beard contest. Since they very polietly call it "most bearded community" I think SPF/EMB ought to qualify.

Who do you think you are! Coming in here unannounced and insulting FG! You walk in here like you own the place just because you have like 1800 posts in here...

Well an update on my FG status...Up until a couple weeks ago I had not seen any new FG, only the reruns they play on fox and cartoon network. I dumped my cable service a couple weeks ago, so now we watch our favorite shows on the laptop. Watched the last 5 episodes of the current FG season. And yes, they are complete and utter garbage! But I still stand by the fact that the early seasons are great. I also don't really liken it to simpson's at all, but that is a matter of perspective I suppose.

I have cookies :)
COOKIES!!! Must be ages since I tasted those delicious cookies :cloud9: In other words: Good to see you, water_moon! Didn't see much of you the last few months or even years. Glad to hear your little one is doing well!

Hope to see you around from time to time! :wave: Your welcome baskets are dearly missed :)

Sorry kes, but even after a year or more of not posting I still average nearly 2 posts a day. Which translates to allowed to poke fun at pretty much everything and mostly get away with it. Be it beer bashing in the bar or poking fun at unfunny shows.

In reality, the sad fact of any good show is it will grow stale, so you either face constant changes that many will find annoying, a slow death with excessive commericalization, or cancellation. Sadly you often get the first two together before the last finally puts it out of it's misery.

Grisu, how have you been? I'm not sure how regular I'll get to be, but I will try to drop off this basket of baked goodies. I've been baking a bit too much cinnamon bread latly anyway, having to send goltar in to work with it, but there are only 6 people there and the ones that aren't health nuts/on a diet are, well, my hubby....

Mmmm, cinnamon bread.... If you have any problems getting rid of it, we are always here. Oh, and I am closing in on your total. It will take a while, but as soon as I take down Ana you are squarely in my spamming sights! :grin:

I'm about to go jump on my trainer. I raised my seat a bit today but was unable to move the rusty screw on the handlebars so I will leave them alone. I hope the seat alone is enough to alleviate the knee and back pain I have been having, because I really don't want to cough up $200 to have the shop guys fit me to the bike. They are already patronizing enough as it is, I don't want to give them any more ammunition.

Dew please.

Mmmm, cinnamon bread.... If you have any problems getting rid of it, we are always here. Oh, and I am closing in on your total. It will take a while, but as soon as I take down Ana you are squarely in my spamming sights! :grin:

Dew please.

Too bad I am going to pass you first.

I'm about to go jump on my trainer.

I did that the other day, just out of exuberance. He was NOT amused. Now I have to find a new gym.

Good to see you, Watermoon, and to hear tales of a bearded Goltar and a little one running around!

ME LOVE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gobbles cookies*

Yes i have a daughter. 10 month old Calliope Jade Wood. I'll chuck up some pictures later if your interested. She has started running but if she doesn't concentrate she tends to face plant. which is funny.

I told the big (state) boss at work today that my beard was to show everyone i was a married man and thus no i couldn't shave it and if he had a problem with my religious beliefs he could speak to the union about it. and yes i'm still a butcher, despite attempting to get further in the company i'm in the fact that i'm good at my job holds me back.
Am however in training and looking at the army/police, for which i will shave my heathen beard.

Good to hear about you, goltar and the tyke running around. you need to stop in more often, i'm so cookie deprived i've started making them on my daddy/daughter days.

family guy

A roommate of mine loved the show. I never got into it. I think you gotta have a very specific sense of humor to enjoy it, and know quite a bit about American culture and current events.

For me: meh.

A glass of milk for me.

I'm going to assume from that post you're not american. whereabouts then lad?

AD&D last night the fire mage and i found a winning combo.Seeing as we're first level the monsters are easily scared. So i run in with my maul and a lit torch, then she fiery bursts it, doing 1 damage to everyone in the area unless they save vs spell. Anything that doesn't die and runs away gives me an attack of opportunity against it,

Using said tactic we took out 17 kobolds and 12ish gibberlings. Sadly now we are about to enter a real dungeon so it may not work anymore. I also smashed the bards lute across his back, scoring a critical hit and dropping him to 1 hp in the process.

I don't know what you are saying, but it sounds good, I guess.

I called one of my top schools today and figured out a few things. I have to alter a few things on my application to fit my history, but other than that I am good to go. That makes me happy. So does Dew. Does anyone have one of those laying around?

I'm a little complicated on where I'm from. I'm Polish and now I live in Poland, but I've lived abroad 8 years in the meantime (3 years in Germany, 2 UK, 3 in the US).

When I was at the other side of the pond, a roommate tried very hard to convince me to watch FG. I gave it a shot for about 10 episodes and it was OK, but also a bit awkward. She'd laugh out loud and I'd ask "Who is [insert a name]?" And I wasn't exactly out of it. It's just that she was from California. Having to stop an episode 12 times to explain a joke... uncool. So then I stopped asking but it was awkward, since I didn't laugh as much. So yeah, FG = not for me.

Don't worry Greebo, I know most of the references and family guy is still not funny. I am just not a fan of gag humour

nice greebs. travelling for work? or just because?

I'm fairly well travelled in australia, but i've never been overseas.

Nah, I was just doing the typical study abroad thing. Well, maybe not so typical.

BSc in Germay, MSc in England and an unsuccessful attempt at a PhD in the US. What I really cannot understand is how my friends back in Poland managed to study and keep living with their parents. That would suck.

Always wanted to go to the other side of the equator. Maybe someday...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High