Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Excuse me while I set up a "shall we ban Jcakes for having good weather" poll to the start of the Bar.

EDIT:
*adds TheReadMenace to the above mentioned poll*

Seconded! :crazyeyes: I moved to Texas from Maine, to get away from the snow. I feel your pain, Thy and all those who're suffering from the winter weather blues.

Should I share that I was wearing shorts in 70 degree weather a couple days ago? It was still comfortable outside at 8pm...

Well two friends and I are pretty much stuck in my village for a few days. It's a little claustrophobic but many games are being played... We walked to the shops and ended up having a half-hour play in the snow, and somehow lost a snowball fight with a group of twelve year old girls.

Green tea please, I got very drunk last night on Rattler with the above-mentioned friends. Haven't had that in ages, eight months or more, forgot how much it takes out of me.

@TRM: Thanks for the detail you went into. I really appreciate all of that. I did like Mr Oizo when he first came along, but lost sight of him. Tricky's older stuff is much better, try to find it if you can! This last fortnight I've been listening to the Goo Goo Dolls, Breaking Benjamin, John Cena (it's possibly the guiltiest pleasure I've ever known) and the Tony Hawk soundtracks.

Browser crashed.

Double post. Sorry.

the snow up in scotland is awesome. unfortunately where i live has been missed with snow apart from yesterday, we had a few good snowball fights :D.

while all this is very fun, i would still wish the summer would hurry up. getting out the house without wearing more than 3-4 layers is annoying.

Excuse me while I set up a "shall we ban Jcakes for having good weather" poll to the start of the Bar.

EDIT:
*adds TheReadMenace to the above mentioned poll*

45C is not really my idea of good weather, although 38C (today) is much much better.

We managed to take the car out to a neighbouring village and get a few supplies. We tried to drop a friend home this evening and the car wouldn't start, perhaps the starter motor?

Enjoyed Tuesday night untwinked HC with Dune and Eternal. Great fun.

We have the extremes here, massive snow (the snow pack in the mountians is less than 20 feet,
we're WAY down on the year :( ) and 100 plus temps (F) but at least they know how to handle it.
You haven't seen stupid until you seen school close down becuase there are 3 WHOLE SNOWFLAKES
AHHHHH! *sigh*

I think the bar may have cursed heating units though, our furnace went out last week....

It was snowing earlier, I was going to frolic in it but I was driving at the time. By the time I got home it had stopped.
Snow here is very rare, which is weird given the elevation and the fact that it snows 15 miles to the east. To give you an idea of the frustration involved:

It snowed in the Arabian Desert a couple weeks ago, but it won't snow here.
It snowed in Malibu, California, but it won't snow here.
It snowed in Las Vegas, but it won't snow here.

Are you getting the idea? Dew please.

It snowed like a mofo here. It took me two hours to finish our driveway and sidewalks. Then I noticed a struggling neighbor, so I hoisted my shovel again and offered her my assistance.

She accepted.

Anyway. Thoughts on Monk/Psych?

[EDIT: Actually, in regards to amazons, I would probably say, "Oh talk to Professors Cyngus or Ugla."]

Where are these Melbourners who usually hang around. I'm currently in Melbourne and must say that the temperature is quite nice. Or maybe it's the lack of humidity that I like, but it's nice here compared to Qld.
If any Melbournian's are around, what part of Melb are you in?

I'm pretty bored and lack motivation to do jobhunting right now. I'm a lot more comfortable at home. But then again, I've nothing to cnsume my time. No guitar, Pindlethon/Peasant, no beach close by etc.

Oh, and I got rid of my car the other day too. She was a wonderful old Toyota Camry. I would've liked a picture of her as she was carried away on the truck, but I couldn't find my camera - I felt a bit :( afterwards. I went to the wreckers it should've gone to, but they said it didn't turn up there.
She was a good car, but the labouring costs to get her fixed was too much, so it's possible that the truck drver may've thought she could do with a new life by avoiding labour charges.

Anyway, I may be rambling cos of boredom. Take care! :wave:

Edit: And this keyboard, while nice and all, is different, so I for some reason keep mis-hitting letters, so some letters may be missing.

Sorry to hear about your car, my current car is a 1989 Toyota camry (in steel blue) :)
My guess is it is the lack of humidity (and the fact that melbourne is nearly always much cooler than every else in mainland australia).

It was snowing earlier, I was going to frolic in it but I was driving at the time. By the time I got home it had stopped.
Snow here is very rare, which is weird given the elevation and the fact that it snows 15 miles to the east. To give you an idea of the frustration involved:

It snowed in the Arabian Desert a couple weeks ago, but it won't snow here.
It snowed in Malibu, California, but it won't snow here.
It snowed in Las Vegas, but it won't snow here.

Are you getting the idea? Dew please.

I feel your pain, if we lived on the other side of the river (a mile down the road) no snow would stick. I have litterally stood on my back porch, watched it rain less than a quater mile off and stayed bone dry. Mountains mess with the weather so much *grumble*

Noodle is making do with 80 degrees and sunshine. Noodle feels compassion towards those struggling with local meteorological conditions.

Noodle also feels hungry.

From the Etdlahq Memorial Bar, this has been Noodle.

LHTB is wondering why Noodle is referring to Noodle in the third person

LHTB thinks it's weird

LHTB asks why Noodle is doing such a thing, maybe Noodle is preparing for the Mafia game?

Noodle is paying tribute to Rickey Henderson, the American baseball player recently voted into the Hall of Fame. Rickey constantly referred to himself in the third person, in addition to other antics. A few examples -

This one happened in Seattle. Rickey struck out and as the next batter was walking past him, he heard Henderson say, “Don’t worry, Rickey, you’re still the best.”

To this day and dating back 25 years, before every game he plays, Henderson stands completely nekkid in front of a full length locker room mirror and says, “Ricky’s the best,” for several minutes.

In the early 1980s, the Oakland A’s accounting department was freaking out. The books were off $1 million. After an investigation, it was determined Rickey was the reason why. The GM asked him about a $1 million bonus he had received and Rickey said instead of cashing it, he framed it and hung it on a wall at his house.

And my personal favorite:

This wasn’t too long ago, I think it was the year he ended up playing with the Red Sox. Anyway, he called San Diego GM Kevin Towers and left the following message: “This is Rickey calling on behalf of Rickey. Rickey wants to play baseball.”

Noodle is fascinated by Rickey, and yes, plans on emulating him throught the Mafia game.

- Noodle, posting on behalf of Noodle

I thought the Superbowl episode of Monk was stretched, the mystery was so lame I almost cried and the comedy was pretty sad as well.
Psych, on the other hand, was amazing, and I laughed so hard I did cry. The part with "say it with a Jamaican accent" was hilarious.

Noodle is very funny when Noodle refers to Noodle in the third person. Noodle should keep doing it.

Dew please.

SiTro had an exam tomorrow.
However, snow happened.
So that exam is next week.
So SiTro is just preparing a presentation for Friday.
Assume SiTro is in need of a drink. :D

What can I get SiTro?

Oh, and even though the entire county didn't have school, I still had class. So I went, and my Anthro prof showed us some documentary about how the industrial complex is ruining organic farmers and blah blah blah. Then she posed questions to the class as a whole, attempting to get us to see it all from her point of view. I slept through it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High