Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

AFAIK the Zen Vision M (my player) doesn't. I use it to watch TV on the bus mainly. The X-Fi I bought for the wife, had it sent to her house, and she hasn't brought it down for me to tinker with (she's probably only using ~20% of its features ATM) so I can't tell you.

Too much coffee makes you send text messages meant for your wife to androgenous unlikable people you work with. No more coffee! Therefore: Twinings Raspberry and Echinacea tea please.

I dont like coffee . um er ... that doesnt mean anything! (except Im really weird IT crowder ... but I can drink tons of redbulls or cola or strong tea instead)

Also I cannot claim anything about my women, as my GF has some basic google skills and knows my handle (hi honey, I lub you! Ok, now stop reading this aaight? :) )

I love my women how I love my scotch (ok, this one is old) :D

*one glass, on the rocks please .. no cola today*
Thank you :)

No Dew for me, just stopping in before I get to bed. It's only quarter to 2, so I consider this an early bedtime.

Got a cell phone today, first time I've had one that was totally mine. I guess it's neat, but I've never really seen the fascination people have with these things. It will have its uses, though.

Um, what else...
Been having strange dreams as of late. The normal strange kind, such as the ZZ Top concert(s) taking place under a bridge from Medal of Honor, but some that are different.
For instance, a recurring dream is one in which I'm driving, and the light ahead of me turns red. I gently put on the brakes, but the car doesn't respond. I increase the pressure, and finally wind up flooring the brake pedal, but I still hit the car ahead of me. The dream always stops right as I am hitting them, but it doesn't seem to be a very hard impact, it's more like a bump.
I've also been having dreams about my sister, where we're hanging out and stuff. It's closing in on three years since I last saw her, or even heard from her, and I guess maybe this is my mind missing her without telling me. In the dreams, I am aware that she was gone and has returned, but I never ask her about it, and she never mentions it. So in a way, it's like my subconscious doesn't want to consider what has happened, and just wants to have fun with my sister again.

The side effect of that last dream is that I have been thinking a lot about my sister, and wondering why she just walked out of the family's life one day. I have even considered trying to contact her, since my brother still has that ability, but that leads to problems, since my mom is still very angry at her for reasons I do not know.

Sorry to go on and on, but I needed to tell somebody about that, and I didn't feel comfortable sharing it with anyone around me. (Weirdly enough, my sister was always the person I felt comfortable sharing stuff with.)

Well, Pancake must go to sleep now. Pancake will probably get more dreams that Pancake doesn't understand, and that deeply trouble Pancake. Night Bar.

I've also been having dreams about my sister, where we're hanging out and stuff. It's closing in on three years since I last saw her, or even heard from her, and I guess maybe this is my mind missing her without telling me. In the dreams, I am aware that she was gone and has returned, but I never ask her about it, and she never mentions it. So in a way, it's like my subconscious doesn't want to consider what has happened, and just wants to have fun with my sister again.

The side effect of that last dream is that I have been thinking a lot about my sister, and wondering why she just walked out of the family's life one day. I have even considered trying to contact her, since my brother still has that ability, but that leads to problems, since my mom is still very angry at her for reasons I do not know.

Sorry to go on and on, but I needed to tell somebody about that, and I didn't feel comfortable sharing it with anyone around me. (Weirdly enough, my sister was always the person I felt comfortable sharing stuff with.)

Dreams can be weird, that's for sure. You try to tell yourself, "It's just a dream," but they can still mess with your emotions.

In my opinion, you should try to get in touch with your sister. She's family, and family should spend what little time we have on this earth together. You'll regret it someday if you don't. Trust me.

On a lighter note, my cat tripped me last night and I fell down the stairs. My face is cut in about three places, and my leg hurts so bad I can barely walk on it.

Okay, so maybe that's really not a light-hearted story. Oh! I saw The Clone Wars last night. It was really quite good. I was severely disappointed that Grevious didn't make an appearance, however.

I might try to do that nooby, but it would definitely exhaust what little slack I have in the "doing stuff nobody approves of" category.

Speaking of disapproval, did you see Monk last week? I honestly believe that is the worst episode they have ever made. Not only was the mystery abysmal, but Monk went totally against his tendencies as shown by earlier episodes. He has repeatedly wanted "the guy" to be someone he hates, but has reluctantly had to actually solve the murder. It was like someone who had seen the worst episode of Monk decided to write an episode even worse. Totally without redeeming value.

I mean WTF? Evil twin?

Psych was amusing, but the client guy made it virtually unwatchable for me. Just so obnoxious.

I might try to do that nooby, but it would definitely exhaust what little slack I have in the "doing stuff nobody approves of" category.

I understand. But valiant deeds will not be any less valiant; should they go unapproved of or unnoticed. Sometimes you just have to do what your conscience says is best, and damn everyone else's opinion.

Speaking of disapproval, did you see Monk last week? I honestly believe that is the worst episode they have ever made. Not only was the mystery abysmal, but Monk went totally against his tendencies as shown by earlier episodes. He has repeatedly wanted "the guy" to be someone he hates, but has reluctantly had to actually solve the murder. It was like someone who had seen the worst episode of Monk decided to write an episode even worse. Totally without redeeming value.

I mean WTF? Evil twin?

Psych was amusing, but the client guy made it virtually unwatchable for me. Just so obnoxious.

I agree on both counts. I can't believe I wasted two hours of videogaming time. Actually, my PS2 broke, so that option was out anyway.

Psych was miidly amusing, at least.

It's 3AM. I finally finished my seminar. Reading every page of omgwtf's link to www.fmylife.com didn't help at all. I have to be up at 7, for college at 9, attend someone else's seminar as part of a class and then present my own seminar as part of a group of four.

It will be hell.

Just give me a four pack of Relentless to take to uni... And a cooler...

@ F_E I also read everything on that page, sometimes reading about other peoples problems makes yours seem a lot better.

@ Pman, I personally would try and get into contact with your sister. I know it is hard to do something the familly disapproves of, but from the sounds of things you are really missing her and it would do you good. *this advice comes with no knowledge of the inner workings of your familly*

Last edited:
@pancakeman: I've dispensed far too much advice this week. But, whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck.

Wow, that's like the ultimate irony, and almost deserves a post on the site itself. :crazyeyes:

Where's this Relentless I asked for, please?

here you go F_E, sorry I forgot about you, lol at your ultimate irony :p

Thanks Jcakes, I couldn't have done it without you. Have a drink on me.

Man:

I had two cans of Relentless, five Pro-Plus (caffiene tablets) and managed to stay awake for the seminars. I also couldn't stop moving and tapping (my best friend at college hates the sound of tapping) and humming when nothing was happening. This entertained nearly everyone on my side of the class (who I'm all friends with anyway) and the lecturer even shook my hand as it was the first time I'd managed to stay completely awake on a Monday.

Haven't had a caffiene comedown like that in quite a while. For lunch I had a beer and then passed out in a computer room, waking up with just enough time to read the SPF Awards thread and catch a bus home.

So there. No idea what to order from the bar... Green tea?

Congrats PCM, you truly deserve that award! :thumbsup: ;)

Some scoth before I catch some well needed sleep, please. I hate those days when my shift ends about 8 hours before the next starts. I can barely get ~7 hours of sleep if I time everything perfect and fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed... Unfortunately that is impossible :p

Last edited:
I have those shifts too zarfen, mind you, for me it's only friday leading to saturday ATM, but still... Work makes spelling bad :-(

<pours scotch>

Noodle is getting rained on today. However, Noodle's son, Noodle Jr., left for sixth grade camp today up in the mountains near Lake Arrowhead. He was excited, because there would be snow, which we don't get down at the beach.

Noodle just got an e-mail from the school. There is too much snow, and an avalanche covered the road. The highway patrol turned the bus around, and Noodle Jr. essentially went on an eight hour bus ride in order to look at snow out a window.

Noodle hopes that either camp will be rescheduled, or at least he will get his $500 back. He also hopes Noodle Jr. won't be too disappointed. He's considering returning the $100 boots he bought for the trip over the weekend as well.

That sucks for Noodle jnr, I hope they do reschedule it for him. My school camps were all fairly boring. In 7th grade I went to Burra (which I admit is now much more interesting for me then it was when I was 12). In 8th grade we went to Victor Harbor - which was ok, but it is not like I hadn't been there before. The only good camp I went on was in year 10 when we went to Canberra (by bus) which was actually very fun (it was a science camp and I am kind of a science nut).

@Noodle:
Gotta love trips like that. 8 hour drive just to turn around and go back=/

Seems like a lot of people have been in a rut lately, huh? First week back to schools been a little rough; the whole "waking up" thing at least. A professor of mine has been hounding me to finish this website for a club at school too...I don't know what he expects from someone with no web design experience =/. Valentine's Day is coming up(I think that's only celebrated in the States, right?) and I've got no idea what to get for the girlfriend. Oh well, in a week I'm sure everything will be back to zero stress level :p

Noodle thanks Jcakes for his kind sentiments. Noodle Jr. was looking foward to four days in the snow (it's a Monday - Thursday camp), but will adjust. He's generally a happy kid.

Noodle asks Jcakes: Are you a Crows or a Power backer?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High