Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Because Rory is hot?

I think she's like fourteen in the series my wife is watching? Not my cup of tea anyway, too clean cut. And her dialogue with her mother is ludicrous to the point it causes me physical pain.

Aren't you glad I mentioned it? :smug: I almost bought it the other day, but I'm sure I could find it by other means if I looked around a bit... I love the Internet. :wink:

Drug-using college dropout. Man, that sounds familiar :-/

Yes! Thank you for bringing it up! Got it already! I always text myself the latest DVDs whenever I go to a shop, not so much CDs though. Internet FTW!

Noone's decorating the bar?

*Throws tinsel on bar and chairs*

That should do it. Anyone have any exciting plans? None here unfortunately, :( so I need some excitment.

*donating some colored lights and a singing Santa statue*

Plans: Putting up with my roommates' family and not seeing any of mine. Just call me Scrooge, 'cuz I'm not feeling the holidays at all. The youngest person around will be 26, so where's the fun and excitement from watching people open presents? Speaking of, I still have yet to buy a single present.... but I'm taking the day off from work to go do it in a few hours. :thumbup:

Besides a phone call home and a small wish that we had maybe an inch of snow for a day, Christmas looks pretty bleak. Humbug. :coffee:

Heh, good luck with the shopping TRM. Hope the crowds aren't too noisy over there for you.
Hopefully our holiday livens up a bit in the next few days, :) but I know what ya mean.

I'm still not aware when the time changed between "OMG it's Xmas Day I must run downstairs and open all my presents" and "I'm enjoying my lie in, let's have a nice family lunch and maybe then we'll have to open these presents that everyone else is so excited about"

Has that happened to anyone else? It sounds like it has. I'm having lunch on Christmas Eve with my wife's family at the local Chinese (including one or two members I haven't met). God I love modern Western culture.

I'm still not aware when the time changed between "OMG it's Xmas Day I must run downstairs and open all my presents" and "I'm enjoying my lie in, let's have a nice family lunch and maybe then we'll have to open these presents that everyone else is so excited about"

I remember when the change over happened to me. It was when...

[highlight]ONLY FOR THE STRONGEST WILLED INDIVIDUALS!! READ AT OWN RISK!![/highlight]
I learned that Santa Claus wasn't real. :hanky:

Once the mysticism of the holiday wore off, I realized that all the presents would still be there no matter how late I woke up, no matter who brought/bought them. ...Well, that, and I used to do midnight mass as a kid, too. Being awake until 3am and waking everyone up at 7am made some people rather cranky in my household.

And man, I've been craving (Western) Chinese all week. Maybe today I'll get some after I've dropped hundreds of $$... and no matter what time of day or where I go, the crowds will be horrendous. Living in a city has its perks, but when it comes to doing things without others getting in your way, that's an impossibility. I almost miss my small town upbringing.

[highlight]ONLY FOR THE STRONGEST WILLED INDIVIDUALS!! READ AT OWN RISK!![/highlight]
I learned that Santa Claus wasn't real. :hanky:

I.. I wasn't ready for this.. (But seriously, who can resist a button that says spoiler?)
I feel... dead inside :cry:

I.. I wasn't ready for this.. (But seriously, who can resist a button that says spoiler?)
I feel... dead inside :cry:

Now welcoming Zarfen to the club of sleeping in until noon on Christmas! :wave:

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was easier to lie about Santa than to hurt my feelings with the truth. Because I was such a bad kid, maybe they were trying to spare my feelings and were hiding all the coal I got every year from Santa. Or maybe Santa wanted a beer instead of milk, got so angry that we didn't have one waiting for him, and he vowed to skip my house forever.

All I know is, my life changed that Christmas I turned twenty-three... :ashamed:

:rolf:

Now welcoming Zarfen to the club of sleeping in until noon on Christmas! :wave:
Thank you :girly:

Maybe it was easier to lie about Santa than to hurt my feelings with the truth. Because I was such a bad kid, maybe they were trying to spare my feelings and were hiding all the coal I got every year from Santa. Or maybe Santa wanted a beer instead of milk, got so angry that we didn't have one waiting for him, and he vowed to skip my house forever.
Or someone actually gave him his oh so desired beer... Don't drink and drive! (especially not flying reindeers)

All I know is, my life changed that Christmas I turned twenty-three... :ashamed:

:rolf:

:propeller:

@ TRM: I live in a tiny Cornish village (perhaps the epitome of a tiny *English* village) and the local tourist towns in the Summer are ridiculous. I spent five days in New York but was too busy being a tourist to notice everyday congestion etc. I can sympathise, as I doubt I'd be ready to live in a city, it'd kill me. Unless my excessively paranoid wife killed me first.

Once the mysticism of the holiday wore off, I realized that all the presents would still be there no matter how late I woke up, no matter who brought/bought them.

Amen.

All I know is, my life changed that Christmas I turned twenty-three...

I know this has already been quoted but... by God that is funny. :crazyeyes:

Could you please tell us, who doesn't like Christmas at all, when it's safe to come for beer? I don't want to see any Christmas decoration at the Bar.

btw, do you serve people who are sitting outside on the roadside? I could use some whiskey here... :whistling:

* <------ Whips a flask out toward Neksja*

Mother bleeping eff bombs. So I mentioned earlier that I'm taking tonight off so I could Christmas shop this afternoon/evening & still leave time for tomorrow morning if necessary. I took a little nap, woke up at noon, and got the directions I needed to locate all the shops I planned on visiting. I've been steeling myself for this dreaded moment, but finally I stepped outside ready to face all the holiday bull-puckey that I had been avoiding so far. I went out to my car and, lo and behold, I've got a flat tire.

...It's just my luck. I've got a spare, but I can't get the lugnuts off myself. Now I'm waiting for my roommate to get home so I can use his roadside assistance program to tow my car someplace I can get new tires & have 'em mounted. Problem is, we're now working toward half past one, and I doubt I'll get my car to a garage in time to have it ready before the day's closing. I am absolutely seething right now. To make matters worse, I sent my roommate a text message about a half hour ago, and he still hasn't responded. I hope I don't go off on him when he finally gets here.

Bah. Frickin'. Humbug. :hang:

*seperates out the Chirtmas cookies and takes a plate to Neksja* TRM can have the Christmas ones.

*Decks the bar with lights, a tree, and a pile of shiny presents that couldn't fit under the Rockefeller tree*
Any one care for a burbon slush? because the best time for half frozen booze and juice is in winter....
(I never understood why, it just is)

TRM is a liar. That spoiler contains lies and damn-lies.

*places several obnoxious singing polar bears, penguins, santas, and reindeer on the Bar*

I love Christmas, but this year I'm just not feeling it. I don't know, it could be that I haven't really left the house lately, or that the local station that always played nonstop Christmas tunes no longer does so. I always said I hated that station, but without it something is missing.

I need a cookie.

I think that as we mature and see more of life's brutality and ugliness, we become more and more...well, darkened. Tainted. And along with that loss of innocence maybe we also lose our ability to get really excited over toys. Don't get me wrong...I love getting gifts. But I haven't felt so completely overjoyed with a new gift in a long, long time. Nothing will ever compare to the feeling I got when I saw stuff like this under the tree.

I think I was about 12 when I got that Lego set. I suppose a lot has changed in the near two decades since then.

I almost loathe the holidays now, and my moodiness around this time of year is well-known. My younger brother passed away in January of 2006, and ever since then I have lost the capacity to enjoy the holidays. (I have to suffer through a terrible trio: Christmas, New Years, and my birthday on Jan 4th.)

And this year...well, it's worse than ever.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

TheReadMenace said:
Mother bleeping eff bombs. So I mentioned earlier that I'm taking tonight off so I could Christmas shop this afternoon/evening & still leave time for tomorrow morning if necessary. I took a little nap, woke up at noon, and got the directions I needed to locate all the shops I planned on visiting. I've been steeling myself for this dreaded moment, but finally I stepped outside ready to face all the holiday bull-puckey that I had been avoiding so far. I went out to my car and, lo and behold, I've got a flat tire.
I laughed when I finished reading that. I know it's mean, but hilarious. Shopping for gifts didn't just have to be difficult by having giant crowds everywhere; some power above had to take a second shot at you by flattening a tire and making a noisy situation more difficult. Hope it worked out in the end.

Neksja - How about some "happy holiday" decorations we can change to? Same thing, but different meaning. One year here there was a fuss that 'merry christmas' was politically incorrect or something similar issue, because it pushed it onto those who didn't celebrate christmas.

@water_moon - How's it going? Haven't seen you around here in a while (although, that's probably my fault due to a lack of spamming/selective reading in the threads - been on a D2 break, so only read some threads that I thought may spark my interest.) But I'm semi-back, and will probably hang in the bar for a while. :)

Swiller - Sad but true IMO. I remember lego sets really being amazing when I was younger too. Loved building them, and a great feeling.
A sad set of circumstances there. It's sad to hear it. Hope things get better for you man. Take care, and know the bars always open to spam.

Swiller - Sad but true IMO. I remember lego sets really being amazing when I was younger too. Loved building them, and a great feeling.

You know, it's funny, but I'm not afraid to admit it. I still play with Legos at the age of 30.

Mostly the Star Wars ones (this is the biggest one I own) but most recently I've also assembled the odd Lego Batman one (like this quirky bit of fun)

In such a sad world, it's nice to occasionally escape inside your inner-child.

Today we say goodbye to a beloved family member and friend. He was cut down today, though he had done nothing wrong. Someone sliced him apart with a razor blade.

Pancake's beard
2007-2008
Rest In Peace

So yeah, I shaved my beard. Now I look like I have no chin, since the beard has sort of defined the chin before. Oh, and my chin is cold.

It's not that I'm cynical about the holiday itself, it's just that I'm not feeling it this year. It always sneaks up on me, but I'm usually in the holiday spirit by the time it arrives. This year though, it feels like a birthday or something, just not that big a deal.

Dew for me, please. I'm doing makeup work so I don't fail a class. It's the same class I'm always doing work for, so that should give you an idea of how assigning-happy the teacher is.

I've packed half my room in boxes, as my mother has offered to pay for its redecoration in the new year. It looks ridiculous.

I managed to fix the two broken slats in my bed, turns out all I had to do was lay a spare door over the slats. There's no longer a dip in the middle, and the wife said it's one of the best night's sleeps she's had at the house :p

I'm looking forward to seeing my sister tomorrow. My brother will be down for a couple of days after Xmas, before going to Vegas for the NYE with a few friends. I'm pretty jealous.

Green tea please.

*plugs in the lights*
*tea and dew all around*

OK, so my tire's replaced (thanks for having a chuckle at my expense, Drys. :D And I had been wondering where my Zelda brother was at), my shopping's done, and Christmas is just around the corner. Still have to wrap things (company will arrive in maybe four hours now), but right now I'm totally distracted.

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. O-M-Frickin'-G!!!! The Mother 3 (a.k.a. Earthbound 2 by some) ROM has been translated?!?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG, I've just downloaded it and I'm so super excited!! ...Not as excited as I was when I heard about DIII, but this is huge to me. How did I not already know?! Earthbound is easily a favorite game of all time, and I was mega upset when I heard it was a Japanese-only release. But now I can play it AND understand all the text!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...

(I need a paper bag, I'm gonna hyperventilate)

...OMGOMGOMGOMG...!!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High