Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Good to hear everything's mostly complete. It's Christmas here, and I'm awake early, so an official happy holidays from me.

Swiller - this is the lego set that I've had for a long time, that I couldn't pull apart or put away. It's been on my shelf for a while. Some pieces are probably still on my shelves, but I like it quite a bit.

@swiller: I HAVE that Lego set, it's in my garage, it's why I STOPPEd playing Legos, it was
missing a key piece and I could never finish it :(

Nowadays I just read irregularwebcomic.

And Birthdays not important?!? *shakes head*

@dryst: I'm doing pretty good actually, my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer about
a month ago but he's already out of surgery and the hospital, the doc's are all saying everything
should be good. The wooden slat fence that was blown down by the wind storms Friday is back up,
ready to be blown down by the windstorm tonight. And we have company flying in tomorrow, so the
house's heating will be supplemented by the oven for the next week (we're having turkey, ham,
gooey butter cake, from scratch pumpkin pie, sweet and regular potatos, 3 kinds of casserole, date
nut bars, enough cookies to give an army battialon diabetes, cinnamon bread, pecan sticky buns,
and sourdough bread.)

Swiller - this is the lego set that I've had for a long time, that I couldn't pull apart or put away. It's been on my shelf for a while. Some pieces are probably still on my shelves, but I like it quite a bit.

I can tell it has been on your shelf! I think I see dust on one of the turbine engines.

I myself have a few old ones left in my closet. I'll see if I can take pictures later.

@swiller: I HAVE that Lego set, it's in my garage, it's why I STOPPEd playing Legos, it was
missing a key piece and I could never finish it :(

Lucky! I used to have it. I don't know what happened to it, but I remember the Christmas I got it.

By the way, if you'd like to finish it; I hear Lego.com has a section called "Pick a Brick" where you can order individual pieces. But I've spent a lot of time on the website and never found it.

You people always make me smile.

Green tea please, extra tinsel. This will be my last drink at the bar before the *big day*.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hahaha... :) Yeah, it is a little dusty. It's on the top shelf, so I don't get up there often unless I'm doing a medium-thorough clean. I got rid of a bit of the dust, but there were too many tough spots to get to, so I got some of the easier spots and moved it. It was one of the larger ones when the Insectoid sets or similar were popular, and was definitely one of my favourites.
Look forward to the photos. :)

Mmmmmm, sounds absolutely delicious water_moon!

Merry Christmas Bar!

I gots me lots of loot! A new bike, which is great, and a bunch of accessories for it. A helmet, some fancy shoes, and even spandex shorts. The spandex shorts may remain in the closet for a while...

What sort of harvest did the rest of you get this year?

My mom shipped a 44lb. video gaming chair that I had bought myself before I moved down here. I didn't have space for it in my car, so it got left behind. Now it's here, and I don't have space for it. Yay! She also sent me a Stig keychain (super funny) and a "Make Snow in a Bucket" gag gift.

People 'round here gave me some... crap, mostly. A socket wrench kit for my car (when I already own the one wrench & socket I always need), laundry hampers, a $25 gift card to Aeropostal (I'm too old for that store; all the teens will look at me like I've got leprosy), and a heck of a lot of candy. The best gift was a subscription to XLR8R magazine, which makes me glad I didn't order it myself last month.

...I know this is going to sound super petty, but allow me to vent for a bit. All told, I spent about $250 on my roommates for Christmas, including Guitar Hero 1 & 2, some high qual printer photo paper, and a couple books. For their big gift, since they bought themselves a big TV and one of them was given a new home theater system, I got them a $150 Ikea gift card so they could get some new furniture to house the living room's digital components. And besides that stereo I mentioned, they gave each other a new TiVo, a 320gig portable hard drive, an external burner, and a laptop. Between them, they must have spent maybe $900 on each other, probably more. And what do I get? A $20 magazine subscription and ten bucks worth of laundry hampers.

... Seriously, why the heck do I even bother being so nice to these guys? I know they're a couple and they're allowed to go big and extravagant with each other, but I still feel like I'm totally worthless in their eyes. Money isn't everything, and you can't value the gifts given the same as a friendship, but where is the equality? "Yeah, you two go enjoy your TV and surround sound, hook up the laptop and watch movies and rock out to your new video games. As for me, I'm gonna go do some laundry. Thanks for all the Christmas fun, guys!." ...Gah.

Beer me, please. Something pumpkin-y.

*beers TRM*

@pancakeman: nice haul, how much MF did you wear?:coffee:

My christmas was the usual combo of chocolate, underwear, t-shirts and toiletries, but my sister got a Wii so we played with that most of the day

I was just rocking the Skullders, which makes the finds even more impressive.

:grin:

It turns out the rear tire of the bike needs to be replaced, it doesn't seal correctly. All of the bike stores are closed, though, and not open until at least Monday. I'm waiting not-so-patiently until then, the first thing I am going to do it tackle a certain hill that I have not yet been able to conquer.

The only decent gifts I got were from the wife, possibly a testament to how I've grown away from my family this year. She got me a lovely salt and pepper shaker set where the pots were people hugging, and a new coffee mug, as the last one she got me got broken. Her sisters got me the new Need For Speed which is nice, but was a bit expensive.

Anyway, I really wasn't feeling Xmas this year, and I've never cared about New Years. I need to cut down on my drinking, so I'll have a green tea please.

*Passes a green tea to Fast Eddie*

Any new year's resolutions people? RL or D2.

Myself, I've found that I'm still playing D2 every now and then, it's just I run out of time to actually play it in. I might set myself the goal of reaching the point where I can do some HF rushing this year, as I recently started up a sorceress in 1.09. Recently = a couple of months ago. :S

RL, I'm not sure yet. Still thinking.

Talking of SNES games, another drain on my D2 time these past few weeks has been playing through Chrono Trigger. Never played it before, but I've really enjoyed it. I'm up to the point where I can either go face the last boss or do some side-quests to gather equipment and power up my characters a bit more. As an experiement, I went to see what the final boss was like, and it destroyed my entire team before any of them got a chance to act.

So I'm doing the sidequests for now.

Beer?

Thanks for the tea! *Passes beer along*

Resolutions? I get a little bit confused between things I *want* to do (like not listen to R&B and not care about work) and thinks I *really really* would like to do (like not drink as much, if at all, and work out a shedload more). I'm going to try and not drink or do drugs for as long as I can, which probably won't be that long considering the spot I find myself in at the turn of the year.

I know it sounds cliche, but I've never stuck to a resolution in my life. I've told people I'll be giving up sarcasm for new year, that got some laughs, let me tell you.

New Years is just an excuse for people to feel better about themselves. They make a resolution--and consequently fail--and then feel consoled in the fact that they at least tried. It's a load of crap.

Besides...shouldn't people want to make themselves better EVERYDAY, instead of putting it off until a new year?

Sorry if I come across as bitter. It's because I am.

P.S. Good to see you, Sitro! How have you been?

Order up: the biggest cup of coffee you can muster.

Yo, Si! Been a while. Oooh, Chrono Trigger. I bought this off a kid in high school for $25 and it was one of the biggest time sinks I ever had for the SNES. I ended up replaying the same file so many times I maxed out all the characters' levels and got maxed out speed and nearly maxed out power tabs. It's a great game, even if it's somewhat dated. What can I say, I love them old school classics.

Resolutions: well, if I said I'd try to not get so upset with my roommates, I'd fail that in a week. I'll probably enter the new year angry at them. But I think I'll try to be a little more clean in my personal space. You know, more timely laundry, keeping the bed cleaned off, fewer empty water bottles strewn around the room. It's not difficult, and let's face it, I'm not a kid anymore. Keeping things a little more organized and arranged only takes ten minutes a week to maintain, and if I can't keep up with that...

edit: I'm truly refraining from being completely negative in the bar today. Interesting day. We've just had an old high school friend drop by our place. Who lives 2,100 miles away. And for all I know, he could be here for a month. ...Hooray...?

@FastE: I'm glad my tea-bagging humor didn't go to waste completely. :D Been listening to anything new lately? Still haven't looked for the Tricky album, or anything else I texted to myself, as of yet. Though I did just run into an Internet radio show out of Bristol called Passion. You know it? On the 18th, DJ Dylan was on the show and he did a pretty good set. I tried sharing it with everyone in the OT music thread, but the link I have came through myspace and it won't copy/paste correctly. I'll look into it later tonight since I'm wasting lots of time at work.

Last edited:
Gives a big mug of coffee to TRM.

Christ I'm up early. My one chore to get done is to have a haircut, which may or may not be difficult. It turns out that NFS: Undercover is a terrible game. My God I wish I'd asked for Midnight Club: LA.

@ Swiller: I whole-heartedly agree. I think that disagrees with my earlier post, I'm just glad there's someone more bitter than me! :p

Besides, who wants to start this 'new year of change' with a massive hangover anyway? I'm just bitter because I'm working till 11PM NYE and start at midday on January 1st. The thing that annoys me about this is how lazy other people that work the shift will be, rather than myself missing out on NYE. My wife's angry at me because she asked for the same shifts as me when she came back from uni, not realising I'd be working NYE.

@ TRM: I haven't listened to anything *new* new, and I can't remember half of what we've already discussed. I've been listening to DJ Billy-E - Bass Transformed, Deeper Shades of Euphoria, Autopsy - The Dissection of Drum & Bass, the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 soundtrack (an awesome piece of nostalgia for me, considering its age) and the Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed soundtrack. The latter is a surprisingly good piece of dirty electro.

Anyhoo, take care all, until my next post... Green tea please.

@ Swiller: I whole-heartedly agree. I think that disagrees with my earlier post, I'm just glad there's someone more bitter than me! :p

Besides, who wants to start this 'new year of change' with a massive hangover anyway? I'm just bitter because I'm working till 11PM NYE and start at midday on January 1st. The thing that annoys me about this is how lazy other people that work the shift will be, rather than myself missing out on NYE. My wife's angry at me because she asked for the same shifts as me when she came back from uni, not realising I'd be working NYE.

I myself would love to inaugurate the new year by sporting a hangover. It seems fitting to welcome a year that could very well be just as horrible as 2008. Alas, since I'm being put to sleep and having four teeth pulled the next day, I don't think it's a very good idea.

That's the real thing that bothers me about New Years. People talk like they will turn over a new leaf, and how they believe the year will be better than the previous one. Things might be better. Or, things might be worse. We have no way to know in this world of chaos. And to those of you who say, "Try to be optimistic!" I say this: "He who lives on hope dies of starvation."

Let's get the drink on tonight!

*walks into the bar and sniffs up the familiar smell ;).

I haven't been here for quite some time and some may remember me, most of you won't tho. Nonetheless, I wish you all a very very good 2009, with a lot of Diablo fun, no matter what version, a lot of health and happiness.

And remember, old loves never completely die :).

Hugs and kisses

Ana

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High