Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

I referred to that game as "midget castle" to a friend once, because I didn't remember the name. My friend got pretty defensive to say the least.

I read that while sipping on a beer... hefeweizen makes a poor nasal irrigant, damnit...

My only suggestion is to avoid embarking anywhere that has aquifers. ;)

Figured that out on my third attempt... also 5th, which also taught me you really don't want to embark in a coastal area...

Last edited:
Reactions: Helvete
What the heck was the bar doing on the 3rd page!?!

Anyone else having issues getting rid of the red number next to 'Media' on the toolbar that KEEPS reappearing even when I tell it to 'mark viewed'?

Barkeep, something to numb the pain of dealing with idiots...(IT, why won't my printer work? because you're too stupid to make sure its plugged in, you moron!!!!) *NOT KIDDING*

WoRG

Printers are crashing on the east coast for government people here as well. (Am not on east coast)

*serves tequila

*serves vodka

*serves margarita

*serves Dew

Last post for a bit until I can post on phones.... Can't seem to post from iPhone 11.

Always "turn it off and on again" and "check the plugs."

Even just a random reset sometimes works, even if it doesn't seem to make sense.

I feel like making a D3 experience thread. I've recently started D3 campaign, solo, and there's so many opinions. In very brief:

1: Difficulty: Umm? Where is it difficult? Did I just pick the only OP character? I found out the Butcher was the end of Act 1 boss, and... he was actually easier than killing a Quill Rat in Blood Moor. I dodged a few attacks to see his moves/lamp-posting, and then when I realised I could out-right damage him, I fired my attack (Disintegrate) on him. Expecting a second wave, second health-bar, or faster moves, he died and threw up items. This is an Act Boss! And The Butcher, fearsome, FRESH MEAT!!!!

2. The humour. And the shock.
2.a. A body in a torture device - I AoE skill it, and... the body goes through the torture device. Uh.... I felt bad.

2.b. "I could tell you stories that would curl your hair..."
Me: "Please don't..."
PC: "Please don't..."

@Drystan: from your short summary I'd definitely read your D3 experience thread  (y):)
Man, it's been ages since I played D3. I even bought the Necromancer add-on but did not even try them out...

Anyone else who could use 2 weeks of holidays without anything at all? Like without kids, company etc? I'm really in the mood for staying in my pyjamas for 2 weeks and doing lots of reading only... (well, maybe some showering in between :unsure:)

I would have to start a new character, as I have a conspiracy theory regarding the townsfolk of New Tristram. They aren't as innocent as they seem to be, and there aren't too many good explanations that support them as being led by genuine and honest leaders. The most likely explanations paint them as a bit corrupt, power hungry, and potentially vicious.

Reactions: Babyhell
We need to get some mafia games started if we are going to go for the resurgence of truly massive postcounts...

That would be fantastic zemaj, its been too long since I've last played, would probably be rusty. Need to sharpen those skills.

Seems i need gin to get my head around the newer forum version.

It would be nice if you could tell if a thread had new posts in since last visit like it was before. A right pain in the arse now figuriung out what ones are new.

Seems i need gin to get my head around the newer forum version.

It would be nice if you could tell if a thread had new posts in since last visit like it was before. A right pain in the arse now figuriung out what ones are new.
Completely agree!!!

So I found out why D3 has been so easy. When I started my first character, I had limited difficulty options. I selected one, and could only lower difficulty by one difficulty level. I'm not sure what I picked, but probably the middle one. Even though I increased the difficulty, it is still very easy, with Act bosses dying in seconds.
I worked this out by starting a new Necromancer, and found it significantly more challenging. Not hard, but monsters don't immediately explode. And they do more damage. If I stand inside some enemy explosions, I will lose health fast. I have had a death.

Reactions: Babyhell
*serves gin

*serves Dew

*waves at pyro

"Waves at..."

Dude, shouldn't you have served Pyro instead of just waving at him? No wonder he never posts any more.

I am going to write to my Congressman/MP/MEP/priest/shaman whoever the Hell it is who runs wherever the Hell I am.

Reactions: Vildecor
So I found out why D3 has been so easy. When I started my first character, I had limited difficulty options. I selected one, and could only lower difficulty by one difficulty level. I'm not sure what I picked, but probably the middle one. Even though I increased the difficulty, it is still very easy, with Act bosses dying in seconds.
I worked this out by starting a new Necromancer, and found it significantly more challenging. Not hard, but monsters don't immediately explode. And they do more damage. If I stand inside some enemy explosions, I will lose health fast. I have had a death.

I've never really had difficulty when playing D3, not that I've ever pushed to super high difficulty levels, but high enough. The only difficulty I really truly experienced was the Act 5 end boss Malthael because for whatever reason he would just wreck me. Since there was no real point to facing him after the first time I just avoided him from then on and focused on getting to higher greater rifts. Once you get a relevant set of armor with the set bonuses it was pretty much just spam skills and repeat. I eventually stopped playing because meh, but every now and again I get the urge to run the barb with the leap/earthquake combo set. That was really the only one I had a ton of fun with just because it was so much fun making 3 earthquakes appear in a row just from jumping on top of people.

*waves at dj

Sorry I haven't been opening your PoGo gifts, I'm just generally terrible at doing so and don't want to open one unless I have another to send.

Its ok Loz, I forgive dj for this time around. Its been so long he's probably forgotten my drink of choice. :ROFLMAO:

I've never really had difficulty when playing D3, not that I've ever pushed to super high difficulty levels, but high enough. The only difficulty I really truly experienced was the Act 5 end boss Malthael because for whatever reason he would just wreck me. Since there was no real point to facing him after the first time I just avoided him from then on and focused on getting to higher greater rifts. Once you get a relevant set of armor with the set bonuses it was pretty much just spam skills and repeat. I eventually stopped playing because meh, but every now and again I get the urge to run the barb with the leap/earthquake combo set. That was really the only one I had a ton of fun with just because it was so much fun making 3 earthquakes appear in a row just from jumping on top of people.
There's a difference between not really having difficulty, and just plain easy. I ran to the next boss with the first character, on HARD difficulty... Azmodan died in 5-6 seconds (I counted,) which was before he finished his speech and before he even got a single attack in. On HARD, for a very first character, with just random blue/yellow/orange items. His concubine wasn't much more of a threat, being defeated in about the same time.
It doesn't have to be difficult, but, maybe for an Act boss to die before he can even attack, just by holding Right Mouse seems just a tad too easy.

Edit: From a fresh account, you can choose from three difficulties: Normal, HARD, and Expert, and then unlock further difficulties by finishing Act 4. So, since I had no gear and had no idea of how D3 played out, I went with the middle option.
It feels a lot like the StarCraft 2 difficulties:
-- Casual
-- Normal
-- Hard
-- Brutal

If you played Casual, you really just kind of win. Normal, same thing. Hard and Brutal the difficulty ramps up a lot, and you have to know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Like I said its been a long time since I've played, but if I remember correctly the highest level you used to be able to play off the bat was expert, I of course chose expert because duh, extensive background in D2 made it seem like normal and hard would be too simple. You can't look at the difficulty levels the same as you did for D2 where normal/nightmare/hell were progressively more difficult and the path you had to follow. Expert mode in D3 was pretty much just straight up normal mode, anything less than that was for people that had no idea how to play a diablo game or for inexperienced gamers. A while ago when I played Torment 6 was the highest level, but I think they are up to Torment 16 or some crazy thing like that. If its too easy though, push the difficulty up until you can't just slaughter everyone in your path, but it doesn't seem like a slog to kill a normal mob. Unless you are playing on hardcore in which case you'll want to tone it down just a little bit because if I remember correctly D3 hardcore mode was very unforgiving, and even though I played hardcore in D2 extensively I could never push my self to play hardcore in D3 due to the large amount of "haha you're dead in one shot" scenarios that I could not avoid applying some form of strategy like I could in D2.

PS. Out of curiosity are you playing on PC. I wouldn't mind getting back into it and getting a couple play sessions in if you are down for someone to join you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drystan
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High