Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

Does anyone know why the new forums haven't been posted in the old forums? Only mentioned via PM, not chat about it in the bar, not a new thread.

I am not sure. I think someone mentioned somewhere that Elly was no longer involved with the old site - so maybe that's the reason?

So technically, this is a competing site. I believe Elly is still admin there, but based off of the welcoming message from here, she hasn't been an active part of the old site for a while, and this is a new project for her. I find that impressive.

I don't know whether to continue my old thread (old site) on here, or just post updates per the other site and thread. This is regarding my mental state. I am pretty much as low as I can go right now. I am an absolute mess, and have nothing going for me, and today is the most horrible I feel. Horrible doesn't compare, ****'ed up doesn't compare. I just don't know. I'll probably update the other thread. I need distractions, I need to be able to communicate, I need help, and I need time.

Last edited:
@Drystan I guess it is in the middle of the night for you, I hope you get some sleep. Thinking of you and sending as much strength and love as I can.

Also being at home with 4 kids while trying to work, temporarily lay off members of my team (am a manager at an IT business...) and decided to distract the kids with some baking. Meaning I can also send spunge cake, swiss role, raspberry cake and ginger cuts...

I am exhausted

Does anyone know why the new forums haven't been posted in the old forums? Only mentioned via PM, not chat about it in the bar, not a new thread.
AFAIK the old site has new owners who neglect the site. Some admins can't log on anymore and it hasn't been possible to join the site for 4 months now. (still not possible). That's the facts so far.

Now to my suspicions: they are afraid that the site will be further neglected (maybe even intentionally shut down?), so they're trying to bring over the crowd without causing trouble by publicly draining members from the site. It is probably good manners to not do that openly (though maybe there are legal reasons? Don't know a thing about legal stuff though)

Anyways, good to see you registered here, too! Hope you get over today's mood swing soon! Hang in there *digital, social distancing approved hug*

That makes a lot of sense. Strange that you can no longer join the forums! And that it hasn't been fixed.

Edit: Yes, it was midnight. I went to bed around 4am, and got up at midday. Motivation is at an all time low.

Last edited:
I don't have the slightest clue how I am. I feel like I'm better than yesterday, but know that soon, I'll want to contact my ex- again. Soon, I'll have to deal with the consequences of yesterday's incident. Tomorrow, my car is booked to get a windscreen. I'm feeling hollow and empty.

On a lighter note, I want to start some mini-online games. Would there be any interest in some online board games? Maybe semi-regularly.
Checkers, Scrabble, Othello/Reversi, Chess, Gomoku. Any others people know about?

I am trying to be more mentally active, working on memory, strategy and observation. My memory has been lacking due to the past years of abuse. I'm also trying to read and do sudoku, to keep active and pass time. I've always enjoyed strategy boardgames, but not really had anyone to play with.

@Drystan how is the day treating you so far? Better? Worse?

Today I can send over some slowcooked chicken and mango salsa...

Similar, thank you. Early morning, 7:20, drop my car off. Walk home (30minute walk), bored and view the same websites many times. Nothing new. Get bored and feel sleepy watching a video, so go to nap, but don't sleep, and check my phone and it's 11am. Received a phone call from my psychologist, who informs me that regardless of my situation, they can not provide face-to-face appointments, and I say again that that is not enough or suitable for me. I state clearly that I'd prefer to deal with it on my own than have phone/video calls only. I accept a call next week to see how I am, but this is part of a more intensive psychological 12 week program, only offered when really needed. I am going to explicitly ask if these half-arsed phone calls are counting to the 12 week program, or if they are just updates and the program will start again once this has all blown over. The weekly meetings are 1 hour, while the phone conversations are less personal and have just been general conversations, less than half hour. If they count for the 12 week program, I won't be taking any more calls and will be waiting until I can have face to face meetings again, or feel like I would gain full benefit, which is not at this moment.
3pm, still waiting to pick up my car, realise I have a client today who I can walk to, so start walking to them, when I get a message I can pick up my car. Walk dog 45minutes to pick up my car, and drive dog home. Go to my second client and have a good 1 hour walk.
Get home, and call my mother, which is a daily thing now. I don't have anyone else to talk to at the moment.

That leads me to now, 7:45pm. Chat with pokemon go raid groups, post here, netflix and any other video that's been uploaded today.

Still feeling empty and hollow, but not as much. I know deleting my ex-'s number was the right thing, but... I guess doing so has removed a weight from my mind, and that will hopefully continue. Now is just about doing a few jobs tomorrow, and also wait for the court summons for my driving to deal with.

I also have not been eating much/anything, and wonder if it's part of the mental anguish or medication. Two days ago, I only ate a banana and apple, after the car incident, when I went to my ex- (I called her, and chat. She offered support in chatting, but nothing in the future. During our chat, that's when I deleted her number and all messages/contacts.) She knew I wouldn't have eaten, so she brought out the apple and banana. Yesterday, I actually don't think I ate anything. And today, I've just had a sandwich.
I am planning to start ensuring I eat small amounts, even though I don't feel like eating, as I do think I have lost a lot of weight (I'm already naturally slim/small at 65kgs, 170cm, but can definitely see a change in body mass in the mirror today.)

I don't eat chicken, sorry. :)

I want to start some mini-online games. Would there be any interest in some online board games? Maybe semi-regularly.
Checkers, Scrabble, Othello/Reversi, Chess, Gomoku. Any others people know about?
I do wordfeud (scrabble clone) on my phone, but I'm an asshole who saves up letters for playing them all out at the same time, so people don't like playing with me =)

I just spent half of today working out a bug in my laptop. I have no idea what happened or how it happened, but I'll give the interesting details.

1. Yesterday, looked up Brood Wars and tried to update it for B.net. Apparently it needed to download a 5GB patch (through official Blizzard app, so legit but Blizz did something weird.)
1.a. Download glitched out half way through when I lost internet briefly. But, the standard Windows Message popped up, stating that "some aspects of this program have been blocked. Continue blocking or unblock." NORMALLY, I'd keep blocking, as it always seems to work normally while being blocked, but as this was updating Brood Wars from Blizzard, I decided to Unblock.

2. Last night, after closing my laptop, it was acting strangely. For some odd reason, after being closed and I get into bed, the HDD spins up, lights go on for a minute, and then it goes back to sleep. This has always happened randomly since very early on with this laptop, and I haven't been able to determine what wakes it up from sleep. BUT, last night, instead of doing it once and then being fine all night, it did it 4+ times within a short space of time.

3. This morning, when getting up... Well, all hell broke loose. Seemed normal, but then audio wasn't working. OK, Speakers down. Unplug, reset, internal speakers, down. Headphones, reset. Down. No error, no icons indicating a fault, but no sound whatsoever. AND THEN!

4. A few minutes later, Firefox has an extremely weird fatal error, and must be closed. It kicks me back to the log-in screen. I reset, played around with settings, and WINDOWS DEFENDER had an unknown error, crashed, kicked me to the log-in screen again, changed resolution down, non-BSOD crash etc. Weird crashes, and whenever I tried to open up Windows Defender, or even click on it, it would crash and kick me back to log in again.

5. I went out for work knowing this would take a while, and got home, downloaded MalwareBytes and ADWcleaner. Ran scan with Spybot for adware, MalwareBytes, and ADWcleaner, fixing a few issues they came up with, but nothing clearly at fault, nor seemed like a major issue.
5.a. I uninstalled Firefox as that was the very first thing that had a critical error, and went through, backed up some files, uninstalled everything I haven't used, and reset several times more.

Windows seemed back to normal after that. Windows Defender is working fine again, no errors, but still no sound! Deleted all sound drivers and reset. I don't recognise two of them, but they all were reinstalled and still nothing. Update drivers, go through each section and option one by one, resetting and testing again. Nothing.
There was audio, as when you click "Test" option, you see the visual representation of the audio, but no sound from any of my three devices, trying them all individually.
Somewhere in one of the settings, I enabled microphone and clicked Restore to default (this was on one of the audio devices that when clicking TEST, issued a playback failed notification.)

I click TEST, and the windows audio test sound blares out from my speakers at almost full volume.

I don't know what happened, I don't know what failed, I don't know what fixed it. But it seems almost back to 100% normal again. Control+Tab switches forward a tab, but Control+Shift+Tab does not switch backwards anymore.

EDIT: By uninstalling and re-installing Firefox, I got the latest update. This has disabled Ctrl+Shift+Tab (previous tab,) until you push Ctrl+Tab (next tab) which pops up a new popup of all your tabs open. Then you can go to previous tabs or next tabs with the corresponding commands.

Last edited:
Beep beep.

Installing D2 again, and I think I just recalled my CD-Key from memory. I don't know my LoD key, but classic D2, I believe I got first go from memory.

Reactions: Grisu
@Grisu - Don't 'Like' without posting! You must post! Especially in relation to my previous (old) forum and (current) forum posts!

RULES! You must post if you (emoticon) someone else's post!

@Grisu - Don't 'Like' without posting! You must post! Especially in relation to my previous (old) forum and (current) forum posts!

RULES! You must post if you (emoticon) someone else's post!
I briefly considered just liking this post instead of posting :p

Well, hope you remember the LoD code, too! Else you'll be stuck in a world without runewords :eek: does your computer bug mean you have to do a restart? Or ar the files themselves intact?

Indeed. I re-installed, including somehow remembering my actual 1998 CD-Key for D2Classic. Must keep the EMB flowing, without just me posting! But yes, I have my LoD-CD-key saved in a .txt document.

Sure, I've typed it more than a dozen times or so, reinstalling D2 every time (XD), but no, sadly don't remember my LoD CD-Key off by heart. I have made a .txt document though, with my CD-keys, but was surprised to have recalled my original D2 classic key entirely off-by-heart. :D Cannot say the same for LoD though, but, as said, .txt document with it saved, and re-installed D2+LoD now.

My random PC bug... I... am very secure. I have EVERYTHING backed up, even if I have to wipe my entire HDD. That said, I don't have to do so, although was very prepared with doing so. It would have hurt. I was prepared to have to factory reset my laptop, but... It wasn't needed. I don't know what went wrong, or what the fault was. I have all my previous stashes and HC characters saved several times over, but don't intend on reviving any of them.

I do plan on trying an entirely poison based Assassin, as well as @ioupainmax (tagging isn't working how I remember it...) MP characters. Keen to start some casual MP sessions.

Just popping my head in to say, I was listening to Hunky Dory while playing and has anyone ever noticed how much the guitar at the end of this song sounds like Tristram? 😮

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High