Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

I want to play Heroes of The Storm, but don't want to join with experienced players. I don't want to be the clear noob of the group and bring down the quality. But I'm enjoying the few AI games I've played. Also with a huge learning curve with the sheer amount of characters.

First Heroes of the Storm quick match. I feel I like Kerrigan's combo of moves. There's so many styles of play, and so many different character types, but I feel like Kerrigan's style seems to click.

Kerrigan MP felt intuitive, and the players were... very helpful, good pings, good teamwork, could follow along very well. Very supportive, and I landed some good combos. Even more fun than AI matches, even if my build isn't optimised. Was definitely fun, great team as said, and we won!

When I moved out too far, I knew it, and then a quick ping to warn me from my allies. Backed up safely, re-joined the team.

Reactions: Vildecor
I also really loved the feel of Kerrigan's playstyle back when i played HoTS. Don't think I ever did anything other than AI matches though.

Reactions: b1ur
Still enjoying Kerrigan's HotS play-style. I don't think she's really the top of the meta, but I like her play-style. Can definitely tell when a team just seems to be in sync and click well, and when a team falls apart and doesn't work well. Some games just seem to flow really well, and everyone is at the right spot, right time. There are mistakes from all, but they don't impact too much. The team is in sync to catch the misstep, and take each opportunity at the right time. Other games, I can already see what should happen, should flow, and the team goes everywhere else. The team just doesn't click together as well. Then, other games just absolute steam-roll, and we can't even step outside our base. But that is part of quick-match as well.
Enjoying HotS quite a bit. If anyone wants to play a casual, noob game together, I'd be up for it. Especially this easter weekend, where nothing is happening.

No one can serve the amount of alcohol I'm craving right now. Yes, that amount would kill me, and everyone else on the planet if distributed evenly.

Stressed out round of shopping today. Taking WAY too long, and not getting all the items I wanted. Combination of virus and easter. And the damn snow just keeps landing. Got around 450mm during last night and today....

I'll repost a facebook post from around a week ago to explain:

I've got perhaps the greatest snowchugger of all time, and that's saying alot. Powerful, very powerful. Like great power, and you know the fake news they say like you shouldn't have that kind of power, but you need to understand, there's a war on snow, and we're winning, we're winning bigtime, perhaps chugging more snow than has ever been chugged in history. Great snowchugger. The best of snowchuggers, like ever, in the last at least 30 or maybe 50 years, maybe ever.
Making the driveway great again!

We're gonna build a wall. And the clouds are gonna pay for the wall. Not the cute summer clouds, but y'know, shithole clouds coming to block our driveway in our great nosnowcracy. God bless Tønsvika and nosnowcracy.

I've decided tonight it's loud music and Jack Daniels. RFL can wait.

Cheers!

Reactions: entwilighter
Heroes of the Storm music is absolutely epic. Even though Blizzard has released it, it's so hard to find a source to download all the music at once. But I found a source to extract the music from the game files, and now have a HotS Winamp playlist.

Reactions: CaseyJones
Not sure if it has been mentioned (well, pretty sure not HERE, but maybe at the old place...) but Dwarf Fortress has come across my path, and I really can't get over how amazingly in-depth and fun this shitty, ugly, horrible, under-developed proto-game is... it's like a mind-bending combination of something I do for myself because self-love and maintenance is important & dragging my psyche through all the worst parts of my life all over again late at night when I have a double-shift the next day because I'm a terrible person and deserve to suffer.

I like it... kinda... I think... its complicated...

@zemaj: One of the catch phrases of the Dwarf Fortress community is: "losing is fun!" I think that motto aligns very closely with your "it's complicated" observation.

Reactions: zemaj
*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves beer

I’m pretty sure I’m prepared for the Liverpool safari event. I have over 500 ultra balls on one account and over 600 on the other. This is a 10 hour event. I’m excited that it starts at 10:00am this morning.

Good luck on PoGo. To be honest, I don't know which events are happening (in isolation) anymore. Abra Community Day is happening, but everything else is... Isolated, which I am not following. I'll be double checking the times next weekend, and ensuring I Incense/Starpiece, but, the whole world has been surprised by this epidemic. The world we knew has, and is still, changed dramatically, for the better or worse, your own perspective will dictate. An interesting time to live in, and be a young adult with changing pathways. Pokemon Go is also adjusting, which I really enjoy.

Last edited:
I didn't know you guys were Pokénerds! I play Gen III competetively on Pokémon Showdown, been playing since about 2005. I love 'mons! Never got into Go though, and never got into anything past DPP.

Last edited:
@zemaj: One of the catch phrases of the Dwarf Fortress community is: "losing is fun!" I think that motto aligns very closely with your "it's complicated" observation.

I've seen that, and looking through the wiki, there are multiple instances (per page, frequently) of 'fun' being used to describe some situation that will almost immediately result in the destruction of your fortress, or all that lives therein, or both. I'm not sure it's always directly applicable, but it is definitely amusing in just how all this plays out. There is a comic that I didn't quite get at first that really does sum it up nicely (personally, I'm not quite at the bottom panels, yet...)

But yes... I am having fun, of all types... I currently have one save I'm working on peripherally, as I'm cataloging all the missteps I make on the other saves. Reason being, it was the quick game my nephew started to show me the 'quick intro' while I made jokes about Tolkien lore and founding Khazad-dûm... and as it progressed, it's become clear this was a really lucky embark (and playing a few others has shown me it really was quite lucky) and I actually could reasonably recreate a facsimile. Then, as I read more about adamantine, and the fun that can be had relating to that, I realized that I really could recreate that exact storyline... and this has become my first big goal. :devilish:🤡🤘

Now I'm just slogging through, trying to figure out the million things that could go wrong before I get that far so I can actually do that... any suggestions/tips?

Last edited:
I referred to that game as "midget castle" to a friend once, because I didn't remember the name. My friend got pretty defensive to say the least.

• Angry
Reactions: zemaj
My only suggestion is to avoid embarking anywhere that has aquifers. ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High