D2r Patch 2.4

I've always wondered what people really think about merman's sprocket. Like it looks kinda busted but would I use them? You're kinda taking care of 3 entire sources of damage with one item right? Plus high defenses, plus insane run walk speed which is sorta defensive too. CBF is great on attacking characters, but on attacking characters you want damage from the boots most of the time, like wartravs or gore riders, and wearing a ravenfrost doesn't really sacrifice any damage stats. Trapsin though is kinda caster melee and wearing a ravenfrost kinda sucks because you're losing the opportunity to wear + skills. So indirectly this is sorta a buff for trapsins unless you're putting a cham in the helmet already right?

But besides all that are these just insane tanky boots, like slap these on every hardcore character? Also put them on any character anyways and lose a smidge of damage but be insanely tanky?

Reactions: snickersnack
I've always wondered what people really think about merman's sprocket. Like it looks kinda busted but would I use them? You're kinda taking care of 3 entire sources of damage with one item right? Plus high defenses, plus insane run walk speed which is sorta defensive too. CBF is great on attacking characters, but on attacking characters you want damage from the boots most of the time, like wartravs or gore riders, and wearing a ravenfrost doesn't really sacrifice any damage stats. Trapsin though is kinda caster melee and wearing a ravenfrost kinda sucks because you're losing the opportunity to wear + skills. So indirectly this is sorta a buff for trapsins unless you're putting a cham in the helmet already right?

But besides all that are these just insane tanky boots, like slap these on every hardcore character? Also put them on any character anyways and lose a smidge of damage but be insanely tanky?
I Think the sprockets are too insane. I would wear the hell out of them. Boots with 65 FRW alone would be on my consideration list, but I am a sucker for going fast. And CBF is just so nice, along with all of the other things.

Speaking of not-activated items, how wod people counteract the life drain on constricting ring. Cause I feel this is something most people would be interested in (at least one of).
(Edit: apart from the obvious, but valid, solution of just chugging potions.)

Code:
All Resistances +100
+15% Maximum Resistance To All
-30 Life Drain (-2.93 life/sec)
+100% Better chance of getting magical item

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
HoTO and CoH = 27 replenish. Add a rare ring and you are done. Or a Dol rune.

Reactions: Kartongen

The magic absorb alone on those boots are crazy broken, but them on any pdr build and you basically become invincible.

I Think the sprockets are too insane. I would wear the hell out of them. Boots with 65 FRW alone would be on my consideration list, but I am a sucker for going fast. And CBF is just so nice, along with all of the other things.

Speaking of not-activated items, how wod people counteract the life drain on constricting ring. Cause I feel this is something most people would be interested in (at least one of).

Code:
All Resistances +100

I remember playing on battle net in version 1.09, those rings were all over the place because someone hacked them in and then were duped like crazy. The life drain is a small price to pay for maxed out res and mf.

New patch for D2R PTR - Another person made the changes easier to read, I formated them for the forum here for those interested in only the portions that changed from the original 2.4 PTR Notes. You can find the full patch notes including these updates here

BARBARIAN

War Cry

• War Cry's mana cost now increases by only 0.75 per level instead of 1

DRUID

• The previous logic for shapeshifting attack speed has been restored. The new logic remains in place, and whichever resulting calculation is faster is the one that will be used in an attack.

Raven

• Number of hits per Raven reduced from 12 to 5, and no longer increases per level (*Restored to original value)
  • Reduced the damage gain for skill ranges 2-8, 9-16, and 17-22

PALADIN

Holy Fire

• Area damage now scales based on the distance of the enemy to the caster. It will now deal a range from 100% damage to 200% based on the furthest distance to the closest distance to the caster.
  • Damage level scaling increased to 90% 70%
  • Resist Fire synergy increased from 18% to 24% (*Restored to original value)

Holy Freeze

• Area damage now scales based on the distance of the enemy to the caster. It will now deal a range from 100% damage to 200% based on the furthest distance to the closest distance to the caster.

Holy Shock

Sanctuary

SORCERESS

Hydra

• Fire Bolt synergy increased from +3% to +5% (*Restored to original value)
  • Fire Ball synergy increased from +3% to +5% (*Restored to original value)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Developer Comments: We are looking at player feedback concerning Throwing Barbarians and are discussing potential options. In the meantime, increasing throwing item quantity across the board seemed like a reasonably quality-of-life change.
  • Arrow and Bolt max quantity increased to 500
  • Throwing weapon quantity has been increased by 50%

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue where Cloak of Shadows defense calculation was incorrect.

Last edited:

Code:
All Resistances +100
I'm not going to math it out right now, but I think that'd be pretty sweet for what I call an ambulancedin. Wield Insight and max out Prayer to get the life regen. Use Zeal/Charge and just own everything. The Sprockets are a must with that build. :D

Anyone know of any changes to starting and leveling a new character? Looks like lots of changes in the fire tree across the board.

Anyone know of any changes to starting and leveling a new character? Looks like lots of changes in the fire tree across the board.
Idk. A lot of the changes seem to be end-game oriented, but *maybe* levelling a new pally using Holy Fire and Leaf would be a bit faster?

I don't think that the changes affect early levelling much, but I haven't tried it out.

Reactions: coju

Fire has always been effective for early leveling since immunes don't exist in normal mode except for bosses. Might possibly be able to keep some of the fire builds afterwards depending on what happens with the skills, but still....immunes....so...

P.S. Coju when are we going to start playing again dude? Bring back the old days.

Fire has always been effective for early leveling since immunes don't exist in normal mode except for bosses. Might possibly be able to keep some of the fire builds afterwards depending on what happens with the skills, but still....immunes....so...

P.S. Coju when are we going to start playing again dude? Bring back the old days.
p.s. thinking d2r bnet shenanigan's?
(The old days are old and slow now. Elden Ring comes out in 22 days and I haven't played much d2r since release. d2 seems harder and harder to hold my attention. A few rounds MP could spruce it back up though)

I think a good solution would be to increase the minimum ED range on each roll (Cruel being 250-300 instead of 201-300) and that rare/crafted weapons if socketed through quest get 2os always instead of the cap of one to increase weapon diversity a lot. This will provide with a lot more 400%+ ed weapons.

For feedback for Increasing Double Throw viability two things need to happen: Sockets (and runewords) and more uniques. Additionally, Leap should be added as a synergy giving slow% per level and possibly like 5% ed or so.

p.s. thinking d2r bnet shenanigan's?
(The old days are old and slow now. Elden Ring comes out in 22 days and I haven't played much d2r since release. d2 seems harder and harder to hold my attention. A few rounds MP could spruce it back up though)

Yeah, I'm good for some d2r bnet nonsense. I don't have any hardcore characters on bnet right now, but that doesn't mean I can't make one if you want to do that. Otherwise whatever will work of course.

General possible build question:

I watched a build video on FOH since it now has a reduced timer to make it more viable. Dude of course was complaining that non undead type monsters take too long to kill in comparison to a hammerdon't. Since FOH doesn't really need a ton of FCR because its still timered, would a hybrid build with dual dreams make this a fairly effective build? (although extremely costly of course).

@Pyrotechnician

My experience with FoH is a 1.14 Fireball Templar. FoH with level 25 Conviction deals good damage to non-immunes but slow due to single target & timered (2.4 would partially fix this). Dream probably helps with AoE via pulse, but that would mean another 40 point investment for its synergies.

The main issue is with immunes. Conviction would almost always break them but you need to stack as much -enemy res as possible if you're pure lightning. Else you'll be casting FoH repeatedly on the same target instead of the usual 1-shot.

@Pyrotechnician

My experience with FoH is a 1.14 Fireball Templar. FoH with level 25 Conviction deals good damage to non-immunes but slow due to single target & timered (2.4 would partially fix this). Dream probably helps with AoE via pulse, but that would mean another 40 point investment for its synergies.

The main issue is with immunes. Conviction would almost always break them but you need to stack as much -enemy res as possible if you're pure lightning. Else you'll be casting FoH repeatedly on the same target instead of the usual 1-shot.

I'm thinking along the lines of a chaos sanctuary runner, everything is undead except for the venom lords. The venom lords are not typically lightning immune so FOH would take care of everything except the venom lords and the holy shock would knock down the health of the venom lords since they are not immune so it should work out decentish?

@Pyrotechnician

Which content creator did you check out? Imo the one from macrobioboi isn't too bad; Basically killspeed won't be too bad at lower player settings and leave out Infector last so you can pop his mob. And pray they don't come out extra fast.

Synergized dual-dreams might be good enough to pull off players 1. But imo still feels like a stretch, having rely on the good pulse damage rolls.

@Pyrotechnician

Which content creator did you check out? Imo the one from macrobioboi isn't too bad; Basically killspeed won't be too bad at lower player settings and leave out Infector last so you can pop his mob. And pray they don't come out extra fast.

Synergized dual-dreams might be good enough to pull off players 1. But imo still feels like a stretch, having rely on the good pulse damage rolls.

I watched Dbrunski because it was one of the first things that popped up when I searched for FOH, I really don't care for any content creator though, and I am familiar with the FOH build already (it was one of @pharphis favorite to run). Was just trying to be creative to work around the non-undead issue. You are probably right though it will probably just be a half decent version of each rather than something overly efficient of course.

Hi guys,

There's a change in the PTR that I wasn't able to test myself and haven't seen anyone really dig into it yet, that seems as though it will affect how ias is calculated:

• Changed how attack speed is determined while dual-wielding weapons. Swapping weapons between hands should no longer result in dramatically different attack speeds.

Has anyone dug into this at all or know how this change affects the ias calc or anything like that?

I assume that this is in relation to fixing the WSM bug, here is a really old post I found about it:

Here is another:

Basically by swapping which weapon is in which hand and in which order they were placed would change the attack speed. If I had to guess the calculation should now default to "averaging" the weapons regardless of which weapon is placed where.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High