D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Diablo Clone (soj selling) can only be spawned by selling a SoJ in an act which has been fully cleared - otherwise, SoJ is unsellable. Diablo Clone will then spawn somewhere in the act, randomly
Haha, I absolutely love it! Just one addition though; once the pandemonium event has been completed in one act, that act is no longer viable for the pandemonium event. This resets once the pandemonium event has been completed in all acts.

I'd like to see them fix some of the various outstanding LoD bugs that have been intentionally left in the game to 'preserve the original experience'. So Nihlathak's bugged vipers, the mana burn issue, and in particular 'Next Hit Always Misses' (which appears to be the issue underlying the notorious Fend bug).

There's plenty of potential quality of life adds to. My first request would be a 'commit' step that you have to take to confirm changes to stats and skills, to mitigate misclicks on the character and skill screens. TCP/IP was always going to be a major security issue, but I'd also love if some analogue to Open Battle.net existed that could give us a way of privately hosting passworded MP games. A light-touch skill rebalance to address some of LoD's less useful skills wouldn't hurt either.

Iron Golem bug

This I remember from D2L, and it affects an iron golem that is made from an item that has an aura. In my case, the aura was meditation from the Insight runeword. What happens is that, after a long play session, perhaps 30 minutes or so, the aura on the iron golem stops working. This happened to me in D2R just now. Previously in D2L all you had to do to get the aura working again is to S&E your current game and start a new game - everything returned to as intended. However, this did not happen to me today in D2R, my Insight iron golem no longer has the aura... period. Even exiting D2R and restarting it does not bring the aura back. The only thing I've not done is restart my computer (going to try that next).

A loss of an Insight polearm is not all that significant. However, some higher end players have made some expensive RW into iron golems. For now I would suggest keeping sessions short.
Edit: After a couple of days off from D2R I loaded it up this morning and the aura was back. I obviously was wrong that it was permanently gone, but it definitely did go away after a long play session.

Just make useless skills synergies of good ones.

Oh wait...
Not sure if joking, and I know this is the SPF where just about everything possible in this 20-year old game has been made to work by somebody... but we all know that there are several high-level skills which are very challenging to get much utility out of (Chilling Armour? Conversion? Spirit of Barbs?). Not every skill has to be great, but it would be nice to rebalance some of those up a bit.

If I had my way D2R would have done a more fundamental rework of how long-term buffs work and turned all the assorted long duration abilities that you want to fire and forget but have to remember to renew every few minutes (Battle Orders, Fade, Holy Shield, Wereforms, etc. etc.) into sustained abilities with infinite duration that skim a fixed amount from the top of your mana total, but that kind of rethink is clearly not within the vision that was set out for D2R.

Last edited:
What is this crap? I can't get past this screen:
Screenshot025.png

Last edited:
Thanks! I figured that was the case, but wanted to double check. And report it as a useless bug :)

TCP/IP was always going to be a major security issue, but I'd also love if some analogue to Open Battle.net existed that could give us a way of privately hosting passworded MP games.
This, this, this! While I understand why they removed TCP/IP, announcing it after preorders had been open for a while was pretty poor form, imo. Still salty.

Edit: After a couple of days off from D2R I loaded it up this morning and the aura was back. I obviously was wrong that it was permanently gone, but it definitely did go away after a long play session.
This might be a dumb question, but you confirmed that this was not just a display bug, right? The aura was actually off?

I've only ever used the Insight runeword for this, but I've never had that problem. I may have to fire up D2L, load up my fishymancer and park him in town to see what happens.

I confirmed that the aura effect turned off. Corpse explosion chewed my mana and it did not recover. Visually I do not recall seeing the aura on the iron golem, and the audible portion of the aura (when it turns on / gets in range / however that works), also was off.

I will play some more around to see if I can replicate the issue. I definitely remember it happening in D2L after long play sessions, but in my experience S&E always restored it. The one time it happened in D2R it seemed to not come back, even after a computer reboot. Although a few days later I fired D2R up and it worked.

As far as suggestions go, I'd like to see runes and gems be stackable in single slots (like throwing potions are) up to a max qty of say 50. Also, a rework of the crafting formulae to make more than just a couple of caster or blood ones worthwhile. To me, the Safety and Hit Power ones are totally pointless.

As far as suggestions go, I'd like to see runes and gems be stackable in single slots (like throwing potions are) up to a max qty of say 50. Also, a rework of the crafting formulae to make more than just a couple of caster or blood ones worthwhile. To me, the Safety and Hit Power ones are totally pointless.
Stackable runes seems nice, but with gomule it is not crucial to me. But the crafting suggestion I agree with so much. Maybe just change back to the 1.07 (?) system where crafts pulled from magic only affixes aswell. Cause now, a craft can only be worthwhile if the automods are better than 2 rare affixes. (Still worth if for untwinked to generate more chances, but still.)

Another suggestion, just to get it out of my head, is to make a "gallery" where you can but your set items (1 of each) as you gather them. Something like one of those samurai armour displays, but made to display each set.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
I notice that normal and exceptional uniques share the same graphics.

In Legacy, there are some that switch graphics upon upgrading, example Humongous:

Screenshot 2021-11-03 181831.png

Wonder if this is still the case in D2R?

I want enchanted necroskeletons to have red/flaming weapons! Always wanted that, because they run around like crazy, and I'm never sure if all have been enchanted.

I believe Double Swing is bugged. At level 10 and higher I believe it used to return mana to you but the cost just stays at zero now.

It has not returned mana for a decade (or even before that).

I see very often when my char is casting BC/BO with CtA switch that the animation on that char shows but there is no expanding ring of something and no-one gets the buff.

m4ke

There appears to be a serious bug with items that give auras when worn by the player. They fall off faster than they apply. For example, when wearing Dream, Holy shock aura will not be active at all times, and so it won't give you lightning damage to your attacks at all times. The aura is innactive about 33% of the time, and it varies a bit from item to item. This problem doesn't happen with mercenaries - when equipped with an item that grants an aura, such as insight, the buff won't "fall off" and reapply.

I've noticed this on several items, dream, ice, pheonix, edge rw, they all drop off, only applying their effect for some of the time.

This has been reported by other players on the bug reports forum multiple times as well. It's not a visual bug, and apparently is not related to stat allocation and weirdness with the str bug fix as I've also tested it meeting the requirements of the item with hard points alone. You really do just lose the effect for about 1-2 out of every 5 seconds.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High