D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Ah I remember now - before 1.13 they did cast it. They accidentally removed it when they removed IM. So this is probably a bug fix.

So for mainly Chaosrunners barely anything changes

yes you get slightly more damage through skills(which is neglible for mainstreamchars), but the resis from the unique charms don't fully counter LR right?

So without possible PvP for singleplayer chars I don't think I buy it.

Another suggestion I think would make the end game a bit more interesting at least for some folks is being able to use any of the crafting recipe types (safety caster blood) on any weapon/armor/class specific/ anything. Crafting is so limited and has limited uses, I think this would be a really fun and harmless change.

Another suggestion I think would make the end game a bit more interesting at least for some folks is being able to use any of the crafting recipe types (safety caster blood) on any weapon/armor/class specific/ anything. Crafting is so limited and has limited uses, I think this would be a really fun and harmless change.
there's basically blood and caster, and only few slots of them, rest is utter garbage, even having interesting ones like magic-resistance on a shield.

better autostats for the lesser popular could make them decent enough, so I think that's a good suggestion.

Or revert crafting to the 1.07 (?) ways where they could pick from magic affixed aswell. No, unless it has amazing automods, they are worse than rares.

If we're suggesting, then perhaps we need a new challenge (a checkbox for "brutal" along with the HC one would do nicely).

Some suggestions for brutal mode:
- Death sets you back an entire level (does not apply to HC for reasons)
- Energy requirement added for rods and orbs
- Items, especially the lower level really powerful runewords like spirit and insight, now get a max level as well as min level to use
- Mephisto can now pass otherwise impassable terrain (like ghost type monsters can)
- On hell difficulty, every act now has guest monsters
- Buff the magic resistance bonus from "mana burn" to +70% - this will make many mana burn mosters immune to magic
- Enigma has its +teleport replaced by 300 charges of lvl 14 (or whatever) teleport - this should encourage using feet or bicycle for transportation needs, as it will add tremendous refueling costs
- Some unique and set items may now spawn with vitality and/or energy requirements
- Poison may now only be cured by the use of antidotes, a town healer, a well or the paladin/assassin skills designed to combat poison
- Chill time increased across the board
- Harsh diminishing returns on stamina gained from points into vitality

- Enigma has its +teleport replaced by 300 charges of lvl 14 (or whatever) teleport - this should encourage using feet or bicycle for transportation needs, as it will add tremendous refueling costs
aaaand sorc becomes the only viable mfer in the entire game, depending on how good the bicycles are. Neat ideas though. Guest monsters would be fun. I think this would be really interesting to see as a playthrough. Most impactful change is the poison, now you HAVE to carry those antidotes.

Add these to the list:
- all projectile firing monsters now fire multiple projectiles (this one might be too evil)
- all area sizes increased
- more normal mobs now cast curses (shamans, greater mummies, fetish shamans, zakarum priests, council members, overseers, putrid defilers)
- static and crushing blow now function like they do in hell, in all difficulties
- teleport can no longer go through walls (but still can cross gaps)

Trying to think of ways to keep people from skipping through content easily to add to your brutal mode list :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Helvete and d2lover
Iron Golem bug

This I remember from D2L, and it affects an iron golem that is made from an item that has an aura. In my case, the aura was meditation from the Insight runeword. What happens is that, after a long play session, perhaps 30 minutes or so, the aura on the iron golem stops working. This happened to me in D2R just now. Previously in D2L all you had to do to get the aura working again is to S&E your current game and start a new game - everything returned to as intended. However, this did not happen to me today in D2R, my Insight iron golem no longer has the aura... period. Even exiting D2R and restarting it does not bring the aura back. The only thing I've not done is restart my computer (going to try that next).

A loss of an Insight polearm is not all that significant. However, some higher end players have made some expensive RW into iron golems. For now I would suggest keeping sessions short.

• Wow
Reactions: d2lover
More brutal mode suggestions:
- Drastically increase cost of town portal scrolls - current price multiplied by character level. Also decrease drop rate.
- Add a monster counter (like the Den of Evil one) to every area - some (but not all) MUST be cleared to progress to the next area, and waypoints may not be activated unless the monster counter has reached zero
- Diablo Clone (soj selling) can only be spawned by selling a SoJ in an act which has been fully cleared - otherwise, SoJ is unsellable. Diablo Clone will then spawn somewhere in the act, randomly
- Increase the resistance gained by Lightning/Fire/Cold enchanted monsters (that should cut down on the sorc only viable MF thing)
- This one might be too harsh.... but... Turn runes back to white color. Magic items stay blue, but rare/set/unique items ALL start out as orange, and only turn their "true" color once identified. Cain still does this for free, though.

General suggestion:
Add achievements to the game, similar to the Starcraft 2 achievements. These should be pretty easy to figure, and difficulty should have astronomical range. Special re-skins for items could be possible rewards for completing achievements.

- This one might be too harsh.... but... Turn runes back to white color. Magic items stay blue, but rare/set/unique items ALL start out as orange, and only turn their "true" color once identified. Cain still does this for free, though.
offer unid Griffon's :D

• Haha
Reactions: Helvete
Offer unid Torch ;)

Reactions: d2lover
I will separate the bugs and suggestions into categories once more stuff will be added,
For the time being, I just copied pasted your text but most likely will rewrite them.

• When adding stat points to a character, it takes about a second to add each point. This may not seem like a big deal until you decide to respec a character -- 300 respec points would take about 5 minutes, and you have to press and hold for each individual point.
How about a hotkey for more Stat Points allocation? ( Ctrl + Click will result in 5 points added)
  • Fire Wall is doing more damage than in legacy D2
I've also seen that Cold Immune can be broken with Cold Mastery?
How do we know that these are not intended though?
3. Allow us to assign potion types to belt columns, and to set a minimum quality. E.g. set column 1 to mana lotions, cut off at greater or above. Set column 2 as health options, cut off super or above. Set column 3 and 4 as rejuvenation, cut off full or above.
(And make a tick-box for what to do if belt is full. I, for example, would prefer if it just did not pick up a potion if it did not fit my selected criteria.)
I think anything regarding belts will result in a bit complicated thing.

Addendum:

make a checklist in some menu which containers you want to have in which quantity, like I can imagine Arrows having 1 in weaponslot and one in inv could be ok, or when playing through norm just 3 of them for convenience

I've also seen that Cold Immune can be broken with Cold Mastery?
This was fixed in a patch a week or so back, so that at least gives us a clue that this "feature" was not intended. It may be that firewall was fixed on purpose - I hope that's the case since it's fun as heck. Firewall sorc can absolutely melt ubers now I hear, faster than a smiter. It did seem odd to me that in the past firewall always looked like it would do so much damage on paper, but then when you got in game it did nothing. Some say it was bugged before, and now it is fixed as well. It's tough to say whether blizz will do anything about it or not, my thinking is enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Excalibur
Here is an odd one:

When you gamble Coronets, if you get an upgrade to Tiara, the base item in the gamble screen changes to a Circlet.

Not a big deal as you can refresh a few times to get Coronet again.

Here is an odd one:

When you gamble Coronets, if you get an upgrade to Tiara, the base item in the gamble screen changes to a Circlet.

Not a big deal as you can refresh a few times to get Coronet again.
Yeah, and it may change back after a while if you do not refresh, but keep gambling.

Also wish for a feature to access shared gold without leaving the gambling screen.

What I've noticed about gambling Circlets is that it will only turn into the Coronet graphic when it will upgrade to a Tiara/Diadem. With a level 92 or higher character, gambling Circlets will still get you the +2 skills, is cheaper than gambling a Coronet, but you'll still have upgrades to Tiara/Diadem. I am on Multiplayer but I imagine it's the same on Singleplayer?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High