D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Alright here's a no fuss video of the new fpa breakpoint on a zealer with actual gear on him - You can see how insanely fast I attack

Edit: from a little further testing it looks like I reach this breakpoint between 72 and 82 ias with this high level of fanaticism

Last edited:
yeah but he uses hacked gear, you have to look at what breakpoints are actually achievable with realistic gear as often times those breakpoints over cap can't be reached regardless. A couple things I've thought about are zeal w/ phase blade and fanaticism, the highest bp is very low ias so the next higher fpa is probably achievable with reasonable gear. Matriarchal bow for faith might be another option. A lot of assassin applications, MrLlama also just released another video of a riftsin attacking faster than the fpa cap which would be practical. Anyways if you have a fast base speed weapon then that's the times when you should probably do some testing to see if you can actually hit the faster bp

It definitely has an effect on a zealer, I just tested it out with treacher/andys ias jewel and the usual other ias gear with grief pb and zeal and fanat and I'm definitely attacking faster than is possible in D2Legacy by a significant margin. I'll upload a video later, I'm on lunch now not enough time

True enough about the hacked gear, which he's obviously doing to illustrate the absurdity of the extremes, but a good question regarding at least hitting the NEXT breakpoint past the previously known cap. The zealer is a great example to me. We've always known the fastest attack rate to be 4 frames per attack, so I look forward to seeing your video with what I'm presuming is 3 frames per attack. ETA: just watched it - yeah, that's an absurd fpa you have going there!

On a related note - last week I started a zealer for the untwinked 99 thread (just haven't added it to the list yet). He's currently in NM, still equipped with Civerb's Cudgel and Sander's gloves, yet he sure feels like he's hitting 4 fpa rather than 5 fpa. It must be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I'll be able to compare better once I find something I know will take me to the known 4 fpa breakpoint.

Whenever Shenk dies (act 5 quest 1) and all the fires rains down, my xbox series s gets major graphical glitches, like the entire screen goes white and black with 100's of graphical particles flying everywhere. It goes away once the fire stops, but lags out the game like down to single digit fps. Almost lost m hardcore necro when this happened (both in NM and Hell it happened). Not sure if this is an xbox issue or what. But happened on both NM and Hell difficulties.

Also, us console players really want lobbies added. If you go to the official battle.net forums the number one thread on console discussions is playing ragging about no lobbies on consoles.

OPEN WOUNDS animation missing. That's just garbage.

Lag when identifying items.

Lag when dropping items.

Lag when placing items into cube.

Lag when pulling items out of cube.

Those lags seem like some goofy packet sending checks that were not in the original game. Blizzard why you engineer this lag?

Also: OPEN WOUNDS ANIMATION MISSING!!!

OPEN WOUNDS animation missing. That's just garbage.

Lag when identifying items.

Lag when dropping items.

Lag when placing items into cube.

Lag when pulling items out of cube.

Those lags seem like some goofy packet sending checks that were not in the original game. Blizzard why you engineer this lag?

Also: OPEN WOUNDS ANIMATION MISSING!!!
Everything except for the open wounds sounds like online only problems. I haven't experienced any of those in offline, do you get those in offline?

True enough about the hacked gear, which he's obviously doing to illustrate the absurdity of the extremes, but a good question regarding at least hitting the NEXT breakpoint past the previously known cap. The zealer is a great example to me. We've always known the fastest attack rate to be 4 frames per attack, so I look forward to seeing your video with what I'm presuming is 3 frames per attack. ETA: just watched it - yeah, that's an absurd fpa you have going there!

On a related note - last week I started a zealer for the untwinked 99 thread (just haven't added it to the list yet). He's currently in NM, still equipped with Civerb's Cudgel and Sander's gloves, yet he sure feels like he's hitting 4 fpa rather than 5 fpa. It must be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I'll be able to compare better once I find something I know will take me to the known 4 fpa breakpoint.
It should be noted for the discussion that this may benifit a bowazon less than some other classes, since strafe has next delay added. So even if you can strafe at absurd speed, you will only be able to hurt each enemy every 4 frames.

Still, I watched Lama's video yesterday, and it was quite absurd. Would have loved to see a video with max IAS possible from legit (be it hard to obtain) gear.

@damric

Playing offline is a great experience and completely changes the way you play the game. Online you're essentially stuck on /players 1 when mfing unless you're a big fan of organizing groups which can take time and isn't easy to maintain for a long period of time. Game creation limit necessitates a varied style of mfing since you can't really run the same target over and over such as pindle and focus farm him, so the best option is doing a bunch of less efficient but more variety type things. Which is why when you watch online players you'll see folks running shenk/edritch/pindle/CS/andy/meph/baal all in the same run. So even more folks run a build that can handle more targets instead of specializing, which funnels a lot of play time into hammerdin or cold sorc or other builds that can handle a variety of targets. So it ends up being a bit homogeneous or else you end up simply poor because you won't find items playing slowly and you can't really play builds that specialize at one target.

Benefits of single player:

Static maps. Check out my meph map at the beginning of the release of D2R:

2 teles to durance lvl 3 every time. By day 3 my sorc was kitted out by myself and me alone. Every item found by me! Extremely gratifying. Not really possible in online play. This would have been far more frustrating and taken far longer.

No lag. What more needs to be said? When I play online, buying things lags? I can't move items around in my inventory at the same speed as I can in offline, cain lags, iding lags, teleports ghost, fireballs don't fire, etc. It's annoying. I have a good internet connection, still lags a little, makes precision clicking feel muddy.

GoMule - I can keep every item I want and I can find it instantly with gomule. my D2R gomule stash is already 15k items strong and I can find any item I want and transfer it to a character in like 5 seconds.

Those are the big ones for me

General

A (better) working sorting option (e.g. low->high gems/runes)

Switch/Console

- No option to show full belt inventory during gameplay

- option to put multiple statpoints (or a configurable amount) in a stat.
(right now its single point for single point, hold button for each point for ~1-2 sec. Took me ~10 minutes last time I respecced my lvl 8x)

- option to use /players 1-8

- option to chat

- LOBBY SYSTEM

- option to choose how much gold to take/put into a stash tab.
(right now you have to hold down (or up) and the counter slowly goes down, takes multiple seconds for a few thousand gold, let alone a hunderd thousand)

ps. I read above that this is in the singleplayer section? Why? ;p Or is there another in the general/multiplayer? (can't find it)

The D2R Community forum is here:

BNet players are welcome still, but as we are a Single Player (offline) forum, we do have a different angle on some things. Server queues for example :)

Suggestions:
  • Somekind of indication that the item on the ground is ethereal?
  • Maybe improve a bit the shrines? Most of them are useless and in hell you can't keep a shrine more than a few seconds.
Bugs
  • Fix Diablo's lighting attacking since it can't damage a player when it's too close to him which makes his most devastating attack obselete.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
If we're suggesting, then perhaps we need a new challenge (a checkbox for "brutal" along with the HC one would do nicely).

For some extra giggles:
-Pre1.08 shaman packs and teleport while at it
-Council members' more aggressive and frequent healing
-D2C Hephasto, Duriel and alike
-1.07 Baal
-Pre-nerf Nihlatak CE + make it mandatory quest in order enter the Worldstone Keep.
-D2C carrions that will eat characters for breakfast in mere seconds
-Enemies camping dungeon entrances as it was often case in older versions
-Items reaching 0 durability will be permanently destroyed like in D1
-Antidote and thawing potions' resistance boost halved
-Cannot buy mana potions
-Potion stocks are limited until vendor refresh

I would be tempted to say pre1.10 MSLE as well but that might go bit too far at this point.

Offline play? People do that?

Yes. Hardly any other options (with OG D2 installation of course) to say, play older versions or enjoy some time travel shenaningans. Even that aside, single player has plenty of benefits of its own.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldn't see it though...

I'm 99% sure that the /players command is resetting to 1 when I change Acts.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Specifically- I'm inputting the /playersX command by pasting it, and going from Act IV --> Act III. I've not tested any other methods/Act switches.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldn't see it though...

I'm 99% sure that the /players command is resetting to 1 when I change Acts.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Specifically- I'm inputting the /playersX command by pasting it, and going from Act IV --> Act III. I've not tested any other methods/Act switches.
It’s true. You can put the -players x in the command line though. Either through the shortcut like when we used -ns -w etc or through the Blizzard launcher under options-advanced I think. North Dakota brought that to our attention I believe

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High