D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

I want enchanted necroskeletons to have red/flaming weapons! Always wanted that, because they run around like crazy, and I'm never sure if all have been enchanted.
This would be so awesome, hope that's doable.

Also what happened to the statement from blizzard that mods will be made possible and are wanted?

Also what happened to the statement from blizzard that mods will be made possible and are wanted?
Basically they made it so that it is easy to change graphics and stats (i.e. .txt files of which there are a few more now) but at the same time they made it a breach of the EULA to reverse engineer the game, i.e. the really serious modding has been shut down.
But hey, pretty graphics :)

Reactions: d2lover
Mods are possible and there's already nearly 100 published you can find with a simple google search (more that you can find if you look harder, KR websites, things like that). There's no support for online modding, however the things you can do with the tools that blizzard has provided with D2R are fairly extensive. BrotherLaz of the popular D2 legacy mod (which shall not be named due to rules) has released multiple news updates of a quite extensive mod he's currently working on. Additionally, most of the changes of another (more recent, maybe more recently popular) mod which tried to stay closer to blizz's vision for the game with some updates, all of the changes in that mod are possible in D2R - again minus the online portion of it. But @art_vandelay is right, it's limited in some ways. There are cool things you can do though that you weren't able to easily do with the original game (and not set aside and made easy by blizzard), such as [big list I edited out, but it's lots of cool stuff trust me] That's all on top of the types of things that could be changed in the original D2L text files, and interestingly blizzard has set all this aside for us to goof with. It's actually insane how much people have already figured out how to do with the tools given considering the short time span.

Please feel free to remove post if against rules.

Edit as I think of more: Interestingly, in the files that blizzard specifically set aside for modding, there are moddable UI panels, .dc6 files, and .sprite files all set aside for a TCP/IP user interface and clearly labeled as such, with areas to enter IP addresses and everything. It's most likely that they had these ui panels set up initially and then removed them from the final version of the game when it was stated that it would be a security vulnerability - and then the ui framework in the files was never removed. I can still hold out hope though that they left these in with the idea that it'd be a possibility in the future and they didn't want to scrap all that work just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
We used to define them as variants, not mods, but you can mention Median XL etc. It is stuff that alters the standard game I really don’t want mentioned. Brother Laz used to drop in with updates, as well as revealing how to get a legit Anni in D2 legacy.

We actually used to allow trading for some variants, but removed it at it was too much trouble for little demand.

Another bug - you can't select conviction aura/have conviction aura active while wielding a bow as a paladin (when it's your skill, not when aura is granted from item). You can't even select it to be used. It's red and won't go into the skill slot/can't be clicked.

What the hell.... that's sort of serious. Hampers 1.09 raven claw novelty builds =)

What the hell.... that's sort of serious. Hampers 1.09 raven claw novelty builds =)
Auras are in a rough spot in D2R - auras from items fall off for about 1/3rd of the time when worn by the player and obviously this bug w/ pally bow builds. If I'm making a bug fix list, aura bugs are at the very top of it right now imo, it needs to be fixed or else several really great builds are functioning at far less effectiveness than they are in 1.14 - tesladin, ice maiden, any dream wearing builds that rely on that, hand of justice, dragon, all those don't work right.

Weirdly some auras from items still function correctly on the player - for example Faith bow's Fanaticism has no such problem.

Auras granted from items that work normally:
1. Pheonix
2. Faith
3. Harmony
4. Beast (? probably, since faith works, haven't tested though)

Auras granted from items that fall off ~1/3 of the time:
1. Insight
2. Dream
3. Edge
4. Bramble
5. Ice
6. Doom (probably? Haven't tested)
7. Lawbringer
8. Dragon
9. Hand of Justice

Unknown (I don't have on hand so haven't tested):
1. Exile
2. Last Wish

It's tough to tell if pheonix is functioning 100% correctly since it does also seem to fall off, however it still seems to pulse at the same rate as it does in 1.14 regardless so functionally it works the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Excalibur
Suggestion.
A small icon for each buff / debuff that are currently affecting your character? Could appear above the inventory and so on buttons.
I LOVE this idea. They already kinda have the framework built for it possibly too, since a little buff indicator shows up above the action bar when using an aura on the controller interface.

• Love
Reactions: Excalibur
Big new bug found out - it looks like they removed some or all of the IAS breakpoint maximum caps, so in certain cases you can reach higher breakpoints that you couldn't in D2 legacy.

MrLlama just put out a video on it, it's really long and he uses hacked characters to show how fast you can attack, but it seems like there are maybe limited practical applications because most of the max ias breakpoints are fairly absurdly high like 300+ias, so you're not going to reach a higher breakpoint anyways. One practical application is on trap laying speed on assassins however, see this video and jump to 6:20ish for the fast trap laying:

@maxicek you gotta check this out I know you're the assassin master and this has big impact for you. Just look at how fast you can lay traps now. Maybe I'm wrong I'm kinda waiting for others who are smarter than me to weigh in on it but it looks kinda broken for assassins

Last edited:
Display bug: Pindle minions frozen solid still display their charging animation, doing some MJ style moonwalking on the spot. Probably happens if they decided to charge, but then got frozen. Kinda gives my cold sorc chills. Or something. Pun intended, but unsure of pun value.

I did a quick analysis of the removal of the attack speed FPA cap for bowazon. The results of my testing is that you're not reaching 6 fpa without significant investment and planning.

Let's take a look at the ias breakpoints for someone wearing a windforce with level 15 fanaticism provided by an act 1 merc wearing a Faith bow:

Code:
IAS    AS      attacks per second
0      11      2.27
6      10      2.5
22     9       2.77
46     8       3.12
92     7       3.57   --- this is the max frames per attack in D2 legacy
~215   6       4.17   --- This is the next bugged breakpoint - I discovered this through testing, it's between 211 and 215 ias

So yeah. at least on bowazon you're not doing anything too crazy too easily. I didn't test with strafe which follows different rules doesn't it?

Nice testing. I wouldn't worry about getting WF to 6 fpa. I would think getting Faith (or ice) MB to 6 fpa would be plausible.

Nice testing. I wouldn't worry about getting WF to 6 fpa. I would think getting Faith (or ice) MB to 6 fpa would be plausible.
Yeah I didn't check it out since I don't have one on hand, all my bows are made in GMBs, but you'd gotta think that since the 7fpa breakpoint on MB is 44 (with fanaticism) then the 6 fpa would be in the 95 range right?

I'm not going to lose sleep over it though because arrow usage is a consideration for me as it's a serious pain in the ass. I'd rather use a big slow GMB and one shot things than spam a hail of arrows and needing to constantly search the ground for arrows during runs. I don't really even mind 8fpa depending on the farming target.

Curious if this plays into why Moon Lords seemed bugged.

So yeah. at least on bowazon you're not doing anything too crazy too easily. I didn't test with strafe which follows different rules doesn't it?

I think Llama does test out strafe and multi-shot later in the clip, doesn't he? It's really quite something to see. o_O

I think Llama does test out strafe and multi-shot later in the clip, doesn't he? It's really quite something to see. o_O
yeah but he uses hacked gear, you have to look at what breakpoints are actually achievable with realistic gear as often times those breakpoints over cap can't be reached regardless. A couple things I've thought about are zeal w/ phase blade and fanaticism, the highest bp is very low ias so the next higher fpa is probably achievable with reasonable gear. Matriarchal bow for faith might be another option. A lot of assassin applications, MrLlama also just released another video of a riftsin attacking faster than the fpa cap which would be practical. Anyways if you have a fast base speed weapon then that's the times when you should probably do some testing to see if you can actually hit the faster bp

It definitely has an effect on a zealer, I just tested it out with treacher/andys ias jewel and the usual other ias gear with grief pb and zeal and fanat and I'm definitely attacking faster than is possible in D2Legacy by a significant margin. I'll upload a video later, I'm on lunch now not enough time

Last edited:
Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
if i create a passworded game on battle.net . . .

in game when i hit [TAB] and open the map i can see the game's name in the
upper right corner, but the password shows as XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Wut DaFuQ ?!
is this for my safety ?

what if i want to make sure i typed the pass correctly the first time ?
what if i want to exit and return but can't remember what i chose ?
anyone else notice that ?

is this for my safety ?

what if i want to make sure i typed the pass correctly the first time ?
what if i want to exit and return but can't remember what i chose ?
anyone else notice that ?
There's a thread on it in the bug report section of the official site:

It looks like there may be a workaround depending on how you create the game. (Play button vs. lobby)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High