Breaking Bad Forum Mafia Game

Thanks for hosting Bad Ash and BPC! I don't think there ever will be a another game with a catchier name.

Ignore lack of spelling and logic, phonestyle

Thanks guys, I had fun and I always like seeing new roles!

I personally don't like it. Of course you are allowed to do whatever you want, but I first of all don't get why you would do it (after all it's about winning), and second of all it throws off the intended game balance.

That ofc doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell town that you are siding with them.

Congrats Noodle. Come join me in Rio!

My QT - excuse the complaining about my role. I do think it was a very hard role and I needed a lot of things to go correctly to win, fortunately it succeeded.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/P5ubdqSNka3

I personally think people should always play to their wincon. It does not matter who else wins so long as you do. You can (and should) tell town you will work with them, but always be prepared to betray them.

Yes. I might not be upset mid-game, depending on if I thought you and Goldtru were really a second mafia faction (and I was thinking FoE + Noodle were on one team and you + Goldtru were on another). But I'd be upset post-game.

Not substantively different than TJ wanting to make sure the neutrals lost. I might have a different opinion if you thought about multiple killing factions, but I think you admitted you didn't think about that.

I assumed there were multiple killing factions to start, but thought the other faction was gone by the time i claimed, given that we had only ONE two kill night.

For the record though, I actually thought I was playing to my wincon. With the noise people were making about goldtru and myself, I felt it best to out ourselves at a time when the town wouldn't be able to afford to spend lynches trying to kill us. With that, plus our nk immunity, I felt we were nearly guaranteed a win regardless of how things played out. At that point, it was just a matter of it being more fun to try to find and lynch the scum, than getting in the towns way would have been.

You know the most irritating part of tj's plan to ensure gold and I didn't win? Had thefranklin followed through on that plan, there would have been no deaths that night, and we could have lynched noodle instead of thefranklin.

Anyways...For the record, I will always play towards whatever is most fun. Winning is fun and all, and I wouldn't sacrifice my wincon for the sake of scumhunting cause it's more interesting(which I didn't think I was doing, since I thought any other factions that may have existed were already gone)...but if I have two paths to take that seem equally likely to lead to victory, I'll take the one that offers more engagement.

JCakes, that was a brilliant win, I thought. I did not expect it that quickly. Congrats!

Thanks for hosting BA and BPC. I commend you guys for setting up the game and making some very original roles and combinations. although some bastard play was at work for sure. There were some tweaks that definitely could have been made, but isn't that true of every game?

Congrats to Noodle. Although I still contend that you should have just killed Bad Ash and auto won the game, and that your "winning play" was about as obvious as a freight train in a china shop.

Other than that I have nothing else good to say so I will refrain for the time being although the people on hamachi have already heard me complain enough.

I think as stated before somewhere in the dead thread, I'm going to have to step back for a game or so. Anytime I came back to read, or think through the posts that players were making not just specifically before my lynch but afterwards as well just made me more and more aggravated so its probably overdue.

I think the mass amount of nuetrals really hurt your lynch. I am pissed at that one, too. It would have taken a metric crap load of momentum to shift anyone's vote.

I think the mass amount of nuetrals really hurt your lynch. I am pissed at that one, too. It would have taken a metric crap load of momentum to shift anyone's vote.

Out of most of the game, your play/posting was probably one of the better ones that didn't make me completely pissed especially during late game, if anyone deserved to win it was probably you (excluding the redirect to TJ because you felt like it, although it was kind of funny).

Thanks for the compliment, but yeah I am a bastard. Hence why I shouldn't mod games.

I assumed there were multiple killing factions to start, but thought the other faction was gone by the time i claimed, given that we had only ONE two kill night.

For the record though, I actually thought I was playing to my wincon. With the noise people were making about goldtru and myself, I felt it best to out ourselves at a time when the town wouldn't be able to afford to spend lynches trying to kill us. With that, plus our nk immunity, I felt we were nearly guaranteed a win regardless of how things played out. At that point, it was just a matter of it being more fun to try to find and lynch the scum, than getting in the towns way would have been.

You know the most irritating part of tj's plan to ensure gold and I didn't win? Had thefranklin followed through on that plan, there would have been no deaths that night, and we could have lynched noodle instead of thefranklin.

Anyways...For the record, I will always play towards whatever is most fun. Winning is fun and all, and I wouldn't sacrifice my wincon for the sake of scumhunting cause it's more interesting(which I didn't think I was doing, since I thought any other factions that may have existed were already gone)...but if I have two paths to take that seem equally likely to lead to victory, I'll take the one that offers more engagement.

My comment about not playing to win condition was not directed at you. I think you played well, the only mistake was gold not lynching noodle, but that is understandable with time constraints.

Jcakes, I will just say, after reading a lot of *****ing about it, I totally believed you as well - scum/neutral or not - I would've voted pyro. Nice. win.

I kind of disagree a little bit about the whole neutral thing. In our playgroup, the moment you are outed as a neutral, most of the group (including me) view you as a policy lynch. Survivors have the wincon of being alive when the game ends. It is in the best interest of players who get neutral roles to play as town as possible within our meta, or else a neutral is basically an anti-town (as has been noted in the complaint about # of town votes available) and will remain policy lynches forever.

Of course, for every Numbers, there is a Noodle.

I might be missing something, but why did noodles kill on pyro fail? /M29 of my qt says that pyro is vulnerable to night actions when I jailed him.

I might be missing something, but why did noodles kill on pyro fail? /M29 of my qt says that pyro is vulnerable to night actions when I jailed him.
Your jail acted as a normal jail the night you used it, after that night he became vulnerable. I believe on Night 1, you said to Jail Pyro if he could be killed by night actions but to not jail if he is protected by the jail and he didn't get jailed.

What BPC said. The night of jailing him you actually jailed him. He was then vulnerable to night actions. You asked that very question earlier in your QT and it resulted in you not using your ability the first night iirc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What BPC said. The night of jailing him you actually jailed him. He was then vulnerable to night actions. You asked that very question earlier in your QT and it resulted in you not using your ability the first night iirc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah I did ask, I meant to ask why he became vulnerable. Makes sense now :)

Someone killed me.

That's why you gotta get the claim out before you get killed!
Also you know this is a lie. :funnyabove:

Not true. It was an incorrect speculation based on incorrect vote counts.

I did state something here. Although he wasn't actually a vigilante. My mistake.

You neglected to mention the name of the player you stole the shot from. And the night when it was stolen. Was the reluctance to provide info which other players (like myself) could use to obtain reads on others (like Noodle and Goldtru) part of your "I hate to claim?"

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High