Balancing the Finds – MF/RF Tournament

I haven't played 20hr over the course of 6 months, but I want to be part of the fun. I finally converted my HC fishy to D2R and will be roaming around the pit and cows. With 23mf I'm not expecting a lot, but there are lots of things that would upgrade my characters. Good luck everyone!

--------------------------------
ffs
Babyhell
Pax1990
nepeta
Aldo
Excalibur
Luhkoh
Dudzy
Jpy
Irenicus
Swamigoon
Ipsilantee
PhineasB
Pb_pal
maxicek
Kruemelmonschda
Friiser
Grisu
J-Dog
Gynli
EatSleepDiablo
Mulligan
Kartongen
SevenArkZ
Apila
Nona
--------------------------------

Sixth relay!
Are things accelerating? 12:13:36 in total.

Rich (BB code):
Last run: 552
Total drops logged: 48, incl. 11 non-qualifiers
Cat. Area       Character       Nb X+ Relay on runs
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    2       93, 490
RF   Travincal  TraviRunnerS      2      244, 552
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   1        278
RF   Cow level  LightningRiderS   1        422

Also a pretty non-qualifier:
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xfd134d4e
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
111% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 10%
37% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
10 hours in. Found a 40mf Gheeds and a few other nice non-qualifiers. Might stick with Meph and Council to finish the set and then attempt another set in the AT.

*Lost my Meph map but re-rolled and got much better council placement with a steady Kurast shield rack!

Last edited:
Reactions: Friiser
Seventh relay!
45 minutes in AT to get an upgrade out of 4 (!) logged drops, 12:58:40 in total. Kinda streak...

From now on, I will put aside RF and go all in on the MF. Given the current luck, targeting up to Big Blue seems more *reasonable* than a Zod drop in Cows in 7 hours (for up to Cham, Travincal would be more efficient, hence the Zod only for Cows - no spoiler here)... Anyway she completed the Cow set, so she added a line in her own story!

Edit: session ended at 13:46:06, table updated, added a close call pic.

Edit2: new session ended at 15:14:47, table updated with another X+ but no relay. Checked grail, it had some progress too, which is nice!

Rich (BB code):
Last run: 680
Total drops logged: 65, incl. 15 non-qualifiers
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    3       93, 490
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   2      278, 588

COME ON RNG!!!
On run 610:
QYgDjwzl.jpg

Thanks RNG <3
On run 632 - not as great as a 15/40, but always nice to have 7MF + some res:
Code:
Cobalt Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x749de9d0
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Cold Resist +8%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Last edited:
Well, running Pindle proved quite rewarding the first 300 runs. I don't get surprised often anymore, but Pindle delivers. And I even have 14+ hours to go for that batch...

I manage around 20-22 sec per run at p1 in D2R with very mediocre gear, the fastest run times being around 15-16 sec. I am quite pleased with that and it will be hard to beat that with my 90 sec per 6 boss packs AT runs...

But! It is also more mind-numbing... So... Maybe not 14 hours of soley running Pindle.

Quite cool to see so many competitors! Good luck everyone!

Pleased by non-qualifiers too...

And another X+ on run 698, still no relay, now at 15:59:16 total.

Rich (BB code):
Last run: 710
Total drops logged: 67, incl. 15 non-qualifiers
MF   The Pits   ZerkAndDestroy    4       93, 490
MF   Ancient T. Tournamenteress   2      278, 588

Up to 15:30, had a very nice three hours last night with a good few finds! Still nothing crazy but a few TC87's! Also found another facet, nice fire one. Might try and finish my set today but will see. Also my Oculus keeps killing me. I think it likes to see me suffer. This has been a lot of fun!

GWyuUKi.png

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xb79bbbdd
Version: Resurrected
100% Chance to cast level 31 Meteor when you Die
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+4% to Fire Skill Damage

Almost to level 89 now, 8:45 hours in. Managed to shove off another few seconds per run by discovering the best route I could maneuver through Harrogath while the screen is still showing the loading screen. Now down to around 20 seconds per run at p1 or 28.5 seconds at p8. I have to skip CI Pindle at p8 sometime though, esp. if he's Stone Skin, so I will keep on running at p1.

It is funny how close to perfect and still how far away from perfect an item can be:

Code:
Spirit Mask
Tiara
Defense: 45
Durability: 21 of 25
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x60d2e2f7
Item Level: 86
Unidentified
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+18 to Strength
+39 to Life
Cold Resist +22%
2 Sockets (0 used)

My set is done! Found this in the last hour, made identifying all the magic rings lately worthwhile. Not going to do another set as i dont have the time but thanks for hosting this! Looking forward to the next one.

srXy4r1.png

Code:
Fortuitous Ring of Fortune
Ring
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x6189ae1c
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Drummed up another hour yesterday. Now a few seconds short of 6 h. At this rate I will end up with 12-15 h in my set, which feels decent.

LK is boring, but the drops are fun. I have to transition fairly soon so somewhere I can push my sorc from level 82 (?) to level 89 (to be able to gamble a wisp projector).
I pindle best of this push? I am currently specced as a blizz-baller.

I will update on the progress on my gold-goal when the following criteria are met:
  • I am at my gaming desktop.
  • I remember to check and update it.
i.e. probably never

Finding that 40/15 Ruby jewel of Fervor feels like one of those "curse disguised as a blessing" sort of deals. Because in a way it is an awesome drop, but on the other hand it might be one of those things you hold onto for "the perfect reason" (which never happens. e.g. another 40/15, a Zod and an 3oS Eth Tomb Reaver [with decent ED]).

Reactions: Babyhell
Finding that 40/15 Ruby jewel of Fervor feels like one of those "curse disguised as a blessing" sort of deals. Because in a way it is an awesome drop, but on the other hand it might be one of those things you hold onto for "the perfect reason" (which never happens. e.g. another 40/15, a Zod and an 3oS Eth Tomb Reaver [with decent ED]).
Exactly. So you have to trade it to someone who meets those criteria and is waiting for his second 40/15.

i.e probably no one

It is the same for my own Ruby Jewel of Fervor...but it is the Fire res one. Waiting for a great ethereal Andy Visage...or a perfect or close to non ethereal one.

Reactions: Kartongen
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High