Awww...I missed you too, D2 - Item Find Thread April 2019

@Jamie That is a cool weapon so why not! After all, Zod is just a rune as well. In terms of pure melee indeed Grief is OP, but you could try and think of a specific build for which this weapon is better. Like a Zeal/caster hybrid or something. Smite benefits from skills and CB as well (though not from etherealness)... Well, maybe this one requires some creativity but you can certainly find good reasons to justify Zod'ing it. ;) Though first Zod is probably still better spent on BotD 2-hander... it does hit pretty hard and is super fun!

Leveled from 87-88 at pindle player 3 with 460% MF and these were the findings

The Ormus is +3 nova, 15% LD so could be used in some odd build?

A few grailers for me, the elder staff (+3..), balrog skin (+2), winged axe, ogre gauntlets (32%) and the ethereal Succubus skull (+3, 150%).

The facet rolled +5/-4 cold die

View attachment 14005 View attachment 14006

Pit Barb leveling continues to be fruitful:
5zxCrA4.jpg

I'm really pleased with this one just playing a small session before getting ready for work. IIRC I had 3x Cham and 2x Jah before I saw a Ber drop (@ nihlathak) on my untwinked 99er Sorc and I'm some ~22k LK runs overall without a direct Ber drop..

E: Some 15m later, last run before work. Best one I've found to date.

Last edited:
@Phevo that is an insane amount of items for level 87-eightyeight. Although I usually do Pindle on P8 when leveling/Mfing, I did most of 92-93 and didn't find crap lol.

@Jamie @Phevo Yeah, even with horking that is unbelievable luck. I can't imagine ever getting on that much of a hot streak. That's like a major item every <10 runs.

@Phevo that is an insane amount of items for level 87-eightyeight. Although I usually do Pindle on P8 when leveling/Mfing, I did most of 92-93 and didn't find crap lol.

I was quite surprised aswell, around 60% of the items came from the first 20% of that level

@Jamie @Phevo Yeah, even with horking that is unbelievable luck. I can't imagine ever getting on that much of a hot streak. That's like a major item every <10 runs.

I'm glad for extended stash that's for sure xD

He said p3, which takes a lot more runs than a few hundred.
Edit: to be clear, it’s still insane luck lol

It's all about rolling the dice ;)

He said p3, which takes a lot more runs than a few hundred.

Edit: to be clear, it’s still insane luck lol

Oh of course, but 87-88 on Pindle still isn't THAT many runs. So yes, bottom line here is definitely insane luck lol. I can only hope for a streak like that one day!

Here are some of my best drops from the past few months, since I last posted in this thread. I'm a bit bored of playing SP now (kind of lonely), but even still, I was delighted when these drops occurred. A few more will come in the next post.

Last edited:
@skymningsdagar the one where Diablo Clone spawns. I didn't know if you aware of the accepted mods on this forum. Would be better to find out sooner than later. Maybe I am missing something, but I would talk to a mod or check the pinned threads to make sure you aren't using something forbidden here.

@skymningsdagar the one where Diablo Clone spawns. I didn't know if you aware of the accepted mods on this forum. Would be better to find out sooner than later. Maybe I am missing something, but I would talk to a mod or check the pinned threads to make sure you aren't using something forbidden here.

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the rules but I thought I'd made sure nothing that isn't allowed would slip through in the screenshots I posted. I'll just delete that particular screenshot then. Thanks. I actually did message a mod about a matter related to this, but I got no reply so I decided to quit SP and play the next upcoming ladder. The screenshots I just posted are merely glorious moments of nostalgia. ;)

@skymningsdagar who did you message? There are a few mods who are active pretty much daily. If you skimmed through a few pages in this thread or some of the other ones, you could see which mods are actively posting.

@skymningsdagar who did you message? There are a few mods who are active pretty much daily. If you skimmed through a few pages in this thread or some of the other ones, you could see which mods are actively posting.

I don't want to put him or her on the spot. The person in question probably has/had a lot on his or her plate.

As of last night I've been running the Infernal Pit for HRs (in particular, I'd like to find a Zod), but while I'm there I'm also hunting down the boss groups with my H-din with 320% MF on /players 7. This absolutely stunning item just dropped and on top of that it rolled friggin' perfect on the ED too! I wasn't expecting it at all, since I had my mind on finding them high runes. Yeah, I know - it's surpassed by runewords like Grief and eBotD etc. But it's still one of the most awestriking items in the game. After this find I'm down to like 15 items regarding the Grail.

Deo gratias!

View attachment 14069

I'd still get this sorted out with another moderator, if you are using a mod that isn't allowed here.

@skymningsdagar It's not just about screenshots showing disallowed mods in use. Rather, any character that ever used such a mod is not to be posted about. The same applies to characters that use items found by characters using such a mod, or in turn benefiting from it – basically there must not be any trace whatsoever to non-FAM playing. When in doubt, PM @maxicek to discuss your situation.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High