Avengers Assemble! - MP Group

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
Avengers Assemble!

As you may have already seen, I am planning to make an Avenger in every class. I thought it may be fun, if there is enough interest and time zones work, to run at least one of them through Hell in MP games.

I'm hoping that this will mainly be builds using Kingslayer, where we can actually help each other in the game. I don't want to host a game with me playing a Druid running after seven Paladins. That said I will probably have an Infinity merc, so I don't expect this to be too hard or with budget items. If you want to play a Paladin, at least go two handed.

Much like the Marvel Avengers members change or are elsewhere, I know everyone won't be able to make all games. I will try and run a couple of games a week, depending on interest. I will post after the session how far we get, so that people can catch up independently if required.

• All characters must use Vengeance as a main skill. You can use dual skills or backups, but Vengeance must be used >50% of the time.
  • Host will be 1.14d SC FAM, so your character will need to comply with this.
  • Starting point will be Hell A1, no quests done, so you need to get your character to Champion solo.
  • This will be an almost full clear walkthrough, not a rush. All quests and WPs.
  • I plan on hosting games at about 21.00 UK time (GMT at the moment). Each session lasting about two hours.
  • If anyone wants to host parallel sessions for HC or a different timezone, you are very welcome.

No fixed time when this will start, it depends on interest and how long it takes people to get builds together. If you are interested, sign up table is below. Feel free to use this thread for build discussion too.

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level
____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________
maxicek        The_Limper       Druid        Vengeance Fire Hunter     77 Champion

Around 8-11pm CET is my "usual D2 time" anyway, so why not!

I do have a Paladin in my Zod sept that sits in A2 NM. I like the idea of questing with him when taking a break from XP runs with HC Barb. His Zod item is eth Heaven's Light and he is meant to become a Zealer with Dreams and Holy Freeze, but I don't mind using Vengeance for a change. :)

Code:
Name           Character        Class        Build                     Current Level

____           _________        _____        _____                     _____________

maxicek        The_Limper       Druid        Vengeance Fire Hunter     77 Champion
ffs            ZodPal           Paladin      HF Dreamer                48 Slayer

Let me know when you wanna play so I can get him to A1 Hell in time.

Reactions: maxicek
I've not MP'ed since joining SPF and it would be fun to do this. I have been meaning to play some 2H melee characters, and had even mapped out a sept. Necro was least firm, with Mage build with Faith Rogue to help with attack frames and Doombringer planned (+life pool was main attraction, and such a cool weapon). 2H Kingslayer for Vengeance seems equally cool, and LR was planned curse anyhow without CE, and syncs nicely with the theme.

I'm US West Coast, so 1 pm will be a challenge during the week, but I could at least contribute on the weekend. He'll be starting at lvl 1, so I'd need some time to quest through to Hell. But I can park Orange tourney character when he finishes A2 N and hopefully get him through quickly this weekend.

Code:
ffs            ZodPal           Paladin      HF Dreamer                48 Slayer
PhineasB       Alastor          Necromancer  Melee Lord of Mages       1  :\

Reactions: maxicek and ffs
I've MP'ed a few times, but usually untwinked and with RL friends that don't really play D2 nowadays. So this could be quite fun with more high end stuff to play around with. Merc auras alone, we can have Infinity + Faith + Pride + Last Wish + Reaper etc. depending how many participate...

@maxicek is it acceptable if I go 2-handed Avenger for A1-A3 and then switch to the 1-handed Heaven's Light with HF/Dreams for A4-A5? Because I'd like to finish Hell with that setup for the Zod sept. Probably would go with BotD GPA before, so that at least he's using a Zod'ed weapon in all of Hell to keep it in the spirit of the sept.

Nice theme for MP there. Can't join do to timeconstraints but needed to say the only appropriate ending for "The Kingslayers" is of course to slay the (cow) king. :)

@ffs I’m willing to open it up a bit, so not a problem.

If others want to join with non avenger builds that is ok. What I really want to avoid is running after a Javazon, Hammerdin & a Blizz Sorc, not even seeing a living monster.

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
Oh I'll definitely use Vengeance 🤟 but it's nice I don't have to go 2-handed all the way so that I can use his planned setup with Heaven's Light and Dreams. Anyway, I got him to Champion and lvl 75 now. Been using Vengeance and BotD GPA for the last bit of NM already, so good to go. :)

Code:
ffs            ZodPal           Paladin      HF Dreamer                75 Champion
PhineasB       Alastor          Necromancer  Melee Lord of Mages       1  :\

@PhineasB btw just call it an extended lunch break. :)

What is the timeframe guys? I have been able to extract some of my old stuff from even older HDD so I might be able to put together female thor with blackjack and hoo- wait wrong franchise. I mean some sort of ES/enchantress/thunderstorm/?? with Champion Axe. Because I mean, this is an opportunity to build the most ridunkulously cartoony looking sorc of my life :) But I would need 3-4 days to setup 1.14d on an old laptop and rush her to Hell. Oh and find 4os champion axe, I mean LOOK at that thing. Dont worry she wont be killing anything, though. Maybe an exploding minion can explode itself against her here and there.

Timeframe is sometime this year :)
I'm completely flexible, it could be next week, it could be the Autumn. Checking my hosting is still setup correctly is probably my biggest constraint. What works for you guys?

As I said, I can have her at A1H in 3-4 days. I'll let you guys know by adding myself to the table when Im done.

I expect to get my Necro to A1 H by Monday, so I should be able to join by next week. :)

Guys, what mercs do you plan on using besides the infinity town guard? And will anyone be running Faith Rogue? Just so I can plan my mercenary and IAS accordingly. I was thinking about bringing a5 merc to go with the thor theme myself, or a3 cold merc as sortof lokiesque "frost giant" sidekick, but I can always bring good old not-already-taken-aura town guard with eth rapers I guess ...

I'm planning to run a Faith Rogue so my necro hits fastest IAS without trouble. Also, while we're here, he's about to finish A3 NM (it was not a good night's sleep, so we made lots of progress after knocking out some work). Will likely get to Hell by tomorrow am.

So @maxicek would especially appreciate your feedback on the Necro: Champion Sword or Balrog Blade for the Kingslayer? It turns out I don't have a non-eth 4os Champ Sword or plain one, except an Oath that when I Hel'ed was ATMA bugged (likely from my first Barb in 7x7) so it is out as an option. Champ Sword seems better for Vengeance but curious if you think Balrog would be a clear step down, as I have two 4os of those. I can likely find one without too much trouble through Pit runs with a LF Zon.

Also, I'm debating armor, with Enigma allowing the easy corral of mages (and likely Kira's as helm for resists), but CoH is really nice for this build and would allow more flexibility with other gear, and Fortitude's %ED for elemental damage and extra defense would also be nice given my plan to forgo bone armor. I could theoretically fill gaps with damage/resist charms under any of those set ups, but would appreciate feedback on pros/cons. I'm leaning CoH at the moment.

Finally, given MP, I assume lots of minions will cause trouble with lag, so I was planning to go IG with maxed golem mastery to complement mages rather than skellies (which have been fun for leveling with the mages). In MP, I could keep mages to a minimum or not at all if there are lag issues, and I was thinking lower resist as the curse on top of the Infinity from another party member's merc (or as -eR when solo-ing).

Reactions: skiffcz
^ I would not worry about minion lag with all that shattered corpses around :p Yeah anyways, i'll go with act V barb, it goes better with the theme and a3 cold wolf would leave you no corpses to raise at all. I also finally get to use the hax beta crecent moon AT LAST :)

Alright, Alastor is ready. NM forge was a Fal and Baal fell:
Screenshot003.jpg
I also got the Champ Sword and rolled another Faith in hopes for lvl 15 Fanatacism, but it was not to be, as summarized in this IFT post. I'll likely stick with the first Faith (lvl 14 aura) for the merc and make Alastor's Kingslayer, and then get another level or two in NM to get used to the build and gear.

Code:
ffs            ZodPal           Paladin      HF Dreamer                75 Champion
PhineasB       Alastor          Necromancer  Melee Lord of Mages       74 Champion

I'm now fully geared and I think the hosting is working - I will ask someone to do a proper check in Discord or something tomorrow.

@PhineasB I think either Champion Sword or Balrog work nicely. You get a bit more damage with the BB, but the IAS requirements are not as high with CS.
CoH is a great armour for Vengeance, especially if you are using a two hander. After much messing around with gear, I'm going CoH, Kira's & Mara's. That maxxes all resists and gives me some much needed FHR & CBF. I can make 13FPA if I drop Mara's & go for Highlord's, but I don't think 1 frame will make much difference at that speed :D

@skiffcz I was planning on running a might merc with Infinity, but can be whatever. I think if we have Conviction & Fanaticism that pretty much covers everything we need. Maybe we run two Convictions if possible as then we can cover a bit more area - what do you guys think?

I'm also running with Infinity Might Merc currently. I'm fine sticking with that for convenience and to cover more area of course, but can go with something else if Conviction/Fanaticism/Might are already covered by @maxicek and @PhineasB.

Pride or Insight with Defiance for example, or Prayer even? A1 Merc with Harmony for faster movement could be convenient. Or Last Wish Barb Merc for lvl 17 Might and Life Tap? :) @PhineasB are you planning to use Lower Resist or something that we shouldn't get in the way of?

Anyway, happy to provide whatever fits best. Infinity is of course what I'd run solo and I'm fine just going with that as well.

I'll be using Holy Freeze on the Pally himself.

I was planning to cast lower resist for the mages and for extra boost to Vengeance after Conviction, although I hadn’t run numbers to see how helpful it would be on the either. He will also have decrep available for Boss fights. I suspect amp would actually be more helpful for melee damage but I was hoping to get Mages powerful-ish.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High