Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Sure! My impression was that the format we used last time was well received as we had many participants, so I'd just keep it.

I'd say we can have it start the upcoming weekend already? With a 3 week running window (plus weekends) until the holiday season, so people who can't join immediately will still have ample time to get 20h in.

I can create a sign-up thread later today or tomorrow.

A bit off-topic, but what is the skill build for this character? I have never played a Kicksin before and I think that is the next character I will tackle. Curious to know what you think is optimal skill choices.
Responding here to your post in IFT: I would be interested in knowing Max’s particular build. There are a lot of kicksin builds but they seem to all spread points with some leeway, using Dragon Talon as the main melee attack and then traps for ranged / AoE

This guide is a good one:

I personally enjoyed the Rift variant here:

I really enjoy the kicksin because Dragon Talon works differently than most melee attacks so that the weapon choices are there same old boring ones most melee builds gravitate toward. Once I have some more wealth and some suitable weapons, I’d like to respect the Riftsin I made Mat with to run the Ubers… haven’t tackled that yet.

Reactions: little birdy
Yeah, I've read a few different guides, so I can see there are some different paths that can be taken.

I was thinking about maxing Dragon Talon, Death Sentry, Fade, and Fire Blast. Not sure yet if I would bother with Venom, though it does seem to be recommend by some (most?) guides. Still thinking about it and seeking out people's opinions :)

For me ilkori's guide is the best one:

My current setup is here, but this is very focussed on Baal running:

For me ilkori's guide is the best one:

My current setup is here, but this is very focussed on Baal running:
Sweet! Does the Stormlash beat out Astreon's for Baal, or no?

On it's own, Stormlash is the best kicker weapon bar none. CB, Static, stunning Tornadoes, even additional lightning damage.

For Baal I want some slow in the setup so he stops teleporting all over the place. Astreon's has this so is a great weapon for Baal. But for the waves Stormlash all the way. Static helps a lot.

If I find Medusa's Gaze I will defiantely swap the Spirit shield and use the Stormlash. I may try the Stormlash anyway and see how it goes.

In the past I have even swapped in Blackbog's Sharp or General's Flail for Baal as a pure Trapper and put a single point in Dragon Talon. A few kicks keeps him in the traps.

Last edited:
Hey, @Excalibur , I see your two Jared Stones and bid two rare Tiaras from the same chest in LK.

1670980878764.png

Neither one was great, but this one might be worth something
Storm Horn
Tiara
Defense: 102
Durability: 15 of 25
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x2aac56d5
Item Level: 80
Version: Resurrected
+2 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+100% Enhanced Defense
+23 to Strength
+6 to Energy
Fire Resist +23%

Tonight I was briefly excited, only to see my excitement dashed to disappointment shortly thereafter.

I found a Gilded Shield in River of Flame with 41 all res. Pretty nice I thought. But it spawned low quality. Then I remembered there is a simple recipe with the Horadric Cube to low quality armour --> Normal quality armour. I was on easy street, I thought.

So I transmuted my shield, but when I did, I lost my all res staff mod!!!!! Instead it came out with %ED and AR :mad:

At some point during my D2 hey day I may have realized this would be the case, but it certainly caught me by surprise tonight. Certainly going to change the way I look at low quality shields going forwards that is for sure

• Sad
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
The low quality -> normal item cube recipe forcibly sets the new items ilvl to 1, which is why all mods are rerolled.

For Gilded Shield (qlvl=51) with ilvl=1, we find out that it has an affix level of 51-floor(51/2)=26, which means that the new max automod is actually Rainbow (+8-15 AR).

Yes, when you use the repair recipe any mods get changed and that includes the number of sockets. Which is probably why the recipe is in the section on runeword preparation. It works when you are looking for a specific type of item and aren't worried about mods.

The recipe did work for me when I was building my abbot. I finally found a shillelagh, but it was cracked and had no mods on it. I repaired it and got +2 to Warmth, which was meaningless for a Palladin, but Lazurk put 4 sockets in it and I made Insight

Yeah, that is very annoying! Same happened to me a while back, @Steven Q. Urkel. It does, however, make me repair cracked elite paladin shields in the hope that the opposite will happen: it might reroll with 45 res all. 3os could still be a useful base.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High